~* Nico_79's collection - 7 years in the making *~

One last update before the New Year begins! Initially I went in to pick up a scarf ring and I should have know better than to browse at my local Hermes store. Of course there is a catalog open on the table and I see something that I had forgotten about. Out of curiousity I asked my SA if it was available and luckily they had the size and colour I wanted. Presenting my blue izmir Herbag with my Sous l'egide de Mars shawl. :biggrin:
My jaw literally dropped open and was hanging for a good min or two there....

eeeeeeekkkkkk!!! she's sooooo pretttyyyy! congratulations!

Nico, do you have a modeling thread for us to see how you pair your outfits with your bags (bagaholic with limited fashion sense here..) Thank you! I love your collection! You have impeccable style!

My jaw literally dropped open and was hanging for a good min or two there....

eeeeeeekkkkkk!!! she's sooooo pretttyyyy! congratulations!

Nico, do you have a modeling thread for us to see how you pair your outfits with your bags (bagaholic with limited fashion sense here..) Thank you! I love your collection! You have impeccable style!

Luxrosa, you're such a sweetheart! Thank you taking the time to check out my thread. I've actually edited my collection a bit and haven't had a chance to post updates.

I'm sure you have amazing style, but don't give yourself enough credit. :smile: I dress very simple, lots of neutrals and not a lot of pattern so my silks and accessories help add a little oomph. If you're looking for some inspiration I've found Mai Tai's Picturebook very helpful in terms of how to wear scarves as well as incorporate certain colours into your wardrobe. HTH!

Luxrosa, you're such a sweetheart! Thank you taking the time to check out my thread. I've actually edited my collection a bit and haven't had a chance to post updates.

I'm sure you have amazing style, but don't give yourself enough credit. :smile: I dress very simple, lots of neutrals and not a lot of pattern so my silks and accessories help add a little oomph. If you're looking for some inspiration I've found Mai Tai's Picturebook very helpful in terms of how to wear scarves as well as incorporate certain colours into your wardrobe. HTH!
Thank you :heart:3

I was on tpf ban... otherwise work would not get done!!

Please let us know about updates to your collection! I love how your style has both stayed consistent and evolved. Looking forward to it!

I love how you presented your collectioon! What a journey...I love your Chanel collection...can't wait to add one to my collection

Thank you Edsmd, it definitely has been a fun discovery of different brands and bags. Chanel definitely is a soft spot for me, the service and my SA make the experience of shopping so much fun. I'm sure you will add a Chanel to your collection soon, even if it's just one piece, it's worth it. :smile:

Visiting and hoping for some updates, especially pics of your gorgeous ghillies
Hi Serva!! :wave: Okay I will do a super quick update because a) the lighting is horrible to take photos here and b) I cannot remember exactly what I have posted or not...:shame:

Latest addition to my small little family of H bags is a Ghillies Kelly 32cm in anemone. I have been waiting so long for a bag in anemone I really gave up hope, go figure my SA would call me a couple weeks ago saying this arrived. Oh the mysterious ways of H!! :lol:

This is my first purple bag too! I never imagined it would be a Kelly let alone a Ghillies version.

ghillies k.jpg

And here is a close up of the Ghillies details. I do really love the combination of swift and togo leather. :heart:

ghillies deets.jpg

And of course I bought shoes to go with the Ghillies theme. I know I have serious issues. :lol:
tab simmons.jpg

Hmm I think that is the last major update for now as I row myself to Ban Island. :beach:

Hi Serva!! :wave: Okay I will do a super quick update because a) the lighting is horrible to take photos here and b) I cannot remember exactly what I have posted or not...:shame:

Latest addition to my small little family of H bags is a Ghillies Kelly 32cm in anemone. I have been waiting so long for a bag in anemone I really gave up hope, go figure my SA would call me a couple weeks ago saying this arrived. Oh the mysterious ways of H!! :lol:

This is my first purple bag too! I never imagined it would be a Kelly let alone a Ghillies version.

View attachment 2779269

And here is a close up of the Ghillies details. I do really love the combination of swift and togo leather. :heart:

View attachment 2779270

And of course I bought shoes to go with the Ghillies theme. I know I have serious issues. :lol:
View attachment 2779280

Hmm I think that is the last major update for now as I row myself to Ban Island. :beach:
What a beauty! Love the new addition. The details on this bag is TDF and so is the color. This is a nice send off to ban island.

View attachment 2779269

View attachment 2779270

View attachment 2779280

Hello Nico_79, what an outstanding thread. I adore your diverse and well curated collection. The diversity of styles, colours and brands is inspiring. I am also a fan of red bags. Your Anemone Ghillies Kelly is a work of art! Which bags do you use most often? You mention that you've been editing your collection, could you please talk a bit about your thought process? I am going through an editing process and feel a bit stuck on next steps. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely photos and commentary.

Love the color in the new bag and the scarf around!! Congrats, I am always looking forward for your news lol!!!

Thank you dear, I have been absent as of late so that's the last bit of news for me for a while. :smile:

What a beauty! Love the new addition. The details on this bag is TDF and so is the color. This is a nice send off to ban island.

Thanks Venessa! I agree, love having this bag while on ban island! :cool:

May I ask what size this is?

It's a 34 cm.

Hello Nico_79, what an outstanding thread. I adore your diverse and well curated collection. The diversity of styles, colours and brands is inspiring. I am also a fan of red bags. Your Anemone Ghillies Kelly is a work of art! Which bags do you use most often? You mention that you've been editing your collection, could you please talk a bit about your thought process? I am going through an editing process and feel a bit stuck on next steps. Thank you for sharing all of your lovely photos and commentary.

Ahh my collection is quite humble compared to some other ladies here, but thank you for your kind compliment.

I have been gravitating lately to hands free bags for everyday errands, often reaching for my Eva or WoC.
For work it's slightly larger bags like my Kelly or SC PM.
Social outings I stick to my Chanel Reissue or Classic flap.

As for editing, I've done quite a bit and still in the process of doing so. So here's my thought process for editing in a few steps:

1. take the time to get to know your bag - take it out, use it, get to know what you love or hate about it, is it functional?

2. are you wearing the bag or is it wearing you - sometimes we buy things that look beautiful in the shop, but in reality they aren't really suited for our lifestyle or fashion sense

3. does it sit in your closet collecting dust - I always think about price per use, if it's been a year and I've used the bag once, it's time for it to go. Of course there might be an exception to the rule such as an evening clutch, just don't have 5 evening clutches collecting dust. ;)

4. does it hold sentimental value - there are about 2 -3 bags I own that I know I will never let go. One of them is my Chanel clutch I used at my wedding, even though I might not have an event to wear it, the memory attached is too strong.

5. do I have multiples of the same bag - look at your collection in it's entirety and try to create sub groups. You'll see a pattern forming and determine which of the sub group you use the least. This will be the one to get rid of.

6. the first one is hardest to let go - after that it becomes easy. :biggrin:

Hope that helps!!