Mansur Gavriel Next re-launch: March 29 2016 at 11 am EST - what are you going to get?

Oh no! [emoji47] That's the exact bag that I've been wanting since forever! Please tell me why you don't like it. My main concern was the fragility of the leather. I don't know if I could handle all of the scuffing and imperfections that seem so prominent with this leather. [emoji22]

Violet Bleu, you need to see the bag, you very well might like the vege leather. I don't because it is quite stiff BUT don't go by what I said because I am pretty sure I am on the minority side - most like that leather.

That mini mini bag is super adorable, it truly is! If I knew the leather was going to soften up, I am sure I would use it. I don't know what to tell you in regards to the fragility of the leather as I have not used it. It's just the stiffness of the leather I don't like. If I would have had the opportunity to touch vege leather somewhere, I would not have purchased it but she is still cute, she looks pretty on my handbags shelf :smile:

Oh no! [emoji47] That's the exact bag that I've been wanting since forever! Please tell me why you don't like it. My main concern was the fragility of the leather. I don't know if I could handle all of the scuffing and imperfections that seem so prominent with this leather. [emoji22]

i actually love the "imperfections" on my MG bags. i own both the bucket and lady bags in the black/marina combo and haven't stopped using them since their deliveries to my residence. :P. i really love how light these bags are. prior to my MG purchases, i was using my céline luggage totes and chloe marcie bags, both of which the styles are much heavier than the MGs in comparison.

i don't throw my bags around or anything, but i also don't baby them. i do, however, condition them with chamberlain's leather milk about once a month. this conditioner really gives my bags a nice shine and minimize the surficial scuffs and scratches.

Violet Bleu, you need to see the bag, you very well might like the vege leather. I don't because it is quite stiff BUT don't go by what I said because I am pretty sure I am on the minority side - most like that leather.

That mini mini bag is super adorable, it truly is! If I knew the leather was going to soften up, I am sure I would use it. I don't know what to tell you in regards to the fragility of the leather as I have not used it. It's just the stiffness of the leather I don't like. If I would have had the opportunity to touch vege leather somewhere, I would not have purchased it but she is still cute, she looks pretty on my handbags shelf :smile:

the leather does soften over time, but not so much that the shapes loses itself (make sense?).

I'm nervous about the quality. The last two batches have had some issues, i.e. the smell to the calf bags and the embossing being more surface than deeply imprinted. I want a black/ballerina something, but I'm a little nervous since I have the earlier batch bags that are of outstanding quality.

Thank you for the thoughtful response! I'm not sure if I will like the stiff feel of the leather. I love the look of it but don't know if I can handle the scratches and scuff marks. I really wish that MG had a good return policy because I don't want to be stuck with an unused bag.

i actually love the "imperfections" on my MG bags. i own both the bucket and lady bags in the black/marina combo and haven't stopped using them since their deliveries to my residence. :P. i really love how light these bags are. prior to my MG purchases, i was using my céline luggage totes and chloe marcie bags, both of which the styles are much heavier than the MGs in comparison.

i don't throw my bags around or anything, but i also don't baby them. i do, however, condition them with chamberlain's leather milk about once a month. this conditioner really gives my bags a nice shine and minimize the surficial scuffs and scratches.

Thanks for adding another perspective! I guess that I am so hesitant because I don't have any bags that are this type of leather. I am used to the durability of goat leather, calfskin, and coated canvas. The most delicate leather I have is distressed lambskin. That leather does not scratch though. The stiffest leather I have is a structured calfskin crossbody that I just adore, but the MG leather seems a lot stiffer than anything I have personal experience with. 😐

Thanks for adding another perspective! I guess that I am so hesitant because I don't have any bags that are this type of leather. I am used to the durability of goat leather, calfskin, and coated canvas. The most delicate leather I have is distressed lambskin. That leather does not scratch though. The stiffest leather I have is a structured calfskin crossbody that I just adore, but the MG leather seems a lot stiffer than anything I have personal experience with. 😐

I don't have or know of any other brand handbag that resemble vege leather; I wish their was so we could get a feel for that kind of leather. One thing I agree with shopping247 is the bucket bag sure is light! My mini mini felt like I had nothing on my shoulder (empty bag) it really is super light!

Thanks for adding another perspective! I guess that I am so hesitant because I don't have any bags that are this type of leather. I am used to the durability of goat leather, calfskin, and coated canvas. The most delicate leather I have is distressed lambskin. That leather does not scratch though. The stiffest leather I have is a structured calfskin crossbody that I just adore, but the MG leather seems a lot stiffer than anything I have personal experience with. [emoji52]

This is exactly where I am at!