NEWS~ Ebay to shut down Foreign sellers? Effects many mypoupette sellers...

Ghost55

Aug 28, 2006
I was looking over ebay this morning at a few bags I had tagged and a seller stated on her auction that Ebay is suspending all foreign sellers from selling in the USA ebay site. I cannot add the auction as I am at work. I am not sure if this accurate information or not. This was posted on eeastmadison's auction...if anyone has any more information let me know. I am recalling this from memory (which is not the best) as I do not have access to ebay at work to truely report what the seller stated. Just a FYI.
Please post any new and accurate information and if I recalled incorrectly...:confused1:

Okay, I just copied the message from eeast-madison:

MESSAGE TO MY RETURN CUSTOMERS:
I have received bad news from ebay: because of the large number of counterfacts, ebay will take huge and complicated measures to fight against fake and will not let sellers sell on a foreign ebay site! In spite ebay knows I sell only authentic Vuitton, they say they can’t make any exceptions for the time being… so after early december, I won’t be able to offer you all these wonderful Vuitton on ebay.com until ebay change the rules and let me sell again in the USA. .
SO DON’T’ HESITATE TO BID ON THESE ITEMS CURRENTLY LISTED AS THESE ARE PROBABLY MY LAST ITEMS LISTED ON EBAY USA FOR THE TIME BEING: don’t worry this won’t change anything to the sale: you will be able to leave feedback, etc…
I will of course continue to sell with eeast-madison but more likely on the French ebay (ebay.fr) website… I hope you, my faithfull return costumers, will continue to watch my items on my selling list as often as you used to as I'll keep on selling exceptional Vuitton pieces!
In case you have any questions or need an internet link to find my items, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Stephanie

That really is too bad. But the bright side of it is that ebay is cracking down an all the LV counterfits. thise fake bags take up pages and pages.

But what are they going to do about people in the US who sell fakes on ebay? How will they crack down on that?

I'm disappointed because I was planning to purchase from rebeccalou (from the U.K.) and authentic_lvlady (Hong Kong) when I was off the ban. They don't have separate sites like let-trade does! This sucks!