New to TPF- can I show you my BBW MAB? And need advice!

JenBR

May 11, 2010
Hi Everyone - I am new to TPF! Love checking out all the RM info and pics on this site :smile: and now wanted to say hi and show you my new BBW MAB and get some advice! I just received a pristine BBW MAB with purple zipper - my first MAB! I've tried the MAM (love it!), Mattie (too big), Mini Beloved (ok), and MACs (love them too)! What do you think? Too big on my 5'3" frame? How do I get my MAB to be super smooshy? I think that would really help make it look less bulky - particularly on my shoulder! The panels are already smooshy but the basketweave is stiff so it keeps the bag looking too structured I think. Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• New BBW MAB.JPG
    New BBW MAB.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 306
  • BBW MAB2.JPG
    BBW MAB2.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 341
  • BBW MAB.JPG
    BBW MAB.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 391
  • MAM vs MAB2.JPG
    MAM vs MAB2.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 249
  • MAM vs MAB.JPG
    MAM vs MAB.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 262
Hi Everyone - I am new to TPF! Love checking out all the RM info and pics on this site :smile: and now wanted to say hi and show you my new BBW MAB and get some advice! I just received a pristine BBW MAB with purple zipper - my first MAB! I've tried the MAM (love it!), Mattie (too big), Mini Beloved (ok), and MACs (love them too)! What do you think? Too big on my 5'3" frame? How do I get my MAB to be super smooshy? I think that would really help make it look less bulky - particularly on my shoulder! The panels are already smooshy but the basketweave is stiff so it keeps the bag looking too structured I think. Please let me know what you think!

Just want to say hi.. :biggrin: I am also new here. Love your MAB and I think it's just right for you height!!

I received my first RM MAC yesterday and can I just say, I LOVE IT! Next purchase will be an RM MAM. I am 5'2. I think the MAM will look good on me too. I hope so... *crossfingers!*

Congrats on the Black Basketweave, its a very special bag. I love the MAB and yes, the smooshier it is, the less bulky and boxy it will appear. Really you just have to break it in and use it, and it will get smooshy. You could also maybe condition the leather? That may help a bit.

Hi, welcome to the forum! You have wonderful taste choosing a BBW, which is one of the most classic RM styles. The BBW MAB with purple zipper was produced as a special order just about the same time I was part of a special order for a BBW MAB with blue zipper. I have used my bag probably 50% of the time since then (I really love my bag!), and it's completely smooshy now. I will snap a pic of it later and post it on here, to help you see what your bag should turn into. Even with the shape it has now, I don't think it's too big for you (I'm only an inch taller than you).

If you love it, keep it and enjoy!

welcome to the RM forum! :hugs:
imo, the MAB looks good on u. so i'd keep the bag if i were u :yes:
to make it more smooshy..just use it everyday lol and i read this somewhere where before u go to bed, to hang ur bag on the doorknob with stuff inside ur MAB for a period of time. and in no time...ur MAB will be slouchy as can be!

Beautiful bag!! And I agree, I think the MAB looks perfect on you, not too big at all!! Time and use will help break it in and make it feel and appear smaller. I just bought a brand new MAB too and it's in desperate need of breaking in! Enjoy!

Yeah, sorry although it's gorgeous I think it looks really big too! I am the same height as you and I think MAM's look better on me. But it also depends how much you carry too... maybe you need the extra room?

PS- I live near Baltimore also! ;)

Well, imo and in all honesty, I still think it looks fabulous on you, not too big at all! I do love BIG bags though...so I guess that's the difference. I think you really have to keep in mind that it will definitely "get smaller" as it breaks in as well!

It does look a bit big on you, but I think once it is broken in you will be happy with the size. I almost returned mine (i am not generally a big bag person), because I thought it looked too big (I am 5'8''), but now that I have broken it in I think it is the perfect size! Once it slouches and starts to shape to your body I think it will fit/feel better to you.

I think your new bag looks GREAT! I LOVE the specs you've chosen! I'm 5'1" and know what you mean about having a bigger bag. I think your bag is big but not too big for you. I think as long as you feel comfortable carrying it and it can fit all the things you need it to - don't worry about it. In my own collection I have every size from the smallest of bags to the largest and I change bags according to my mood, what I will be doing that day and what I'm wearing - and sometimes you just need a bigger bag! I think it looks great on you! Congrats on your new bag and ENJOY! Oh and I think just breaking it in will make it more smooshy over time...

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it! I'm still a bit torn but I think I'll keep the MAB for a while and see what happens - I do like the big size and just being able throw all sorts of stuff in it for the day! And I also happened to get a really great deal on this bag (bought used but came like new!) so I feel like I should at least try to give it a chance :smile:.

la6 - where do you live? I live in Canton and rarely see RM anywhere - not in stores (although I hear Handbags in the City has RM) or being carried :sad:.

I love big bags too. I had so many mini nikkis, but eventually sold them all, because I just like bigger bags. I had a few MABs and did not find them too big at all, as long as they were broken in and smooshy. I am petite as well, ALMOST 5ft2" :smile:

I would keep it and see how it turns out if you are really liking the big size. Don't keep it if you aren't liking it. You should have a bag that you adore.. otherwise, why carry it? That being said, I don't think it looks super large on you.
I am 5'2 and wear a MAB and love it. You can fit so much in it and when it gets smooshy, it doesn't look at all overwhelming!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it! I'm still a bit torn but I think I'll keep the MAB for a while and see what happens - I do like the big size and just being able throw all sorts of stuff in it for the day! And I also happened to get a really great deal on this bag (bought used but came like new!) so I feel like I should at least try to give it a chance :smile:.

la6 - where do you live? I live in Canton and rarely see RM anywhere - not in stores (although I hear Handbags in the City has RM) or being carried :sad:.

:tup: YAY! for deciding to keep the bag