new to me grey MAB

thanks Antonia.....I'd be willing to try but @shelby is recommending shoe cream....don't know if anything is going to remove that "water line"......guess goal is to blend it. Making me sad because the leather is very nice and I like the color....fll lining, etc.
I knew the risk when I bought it but since the seller claimed she didn't see the damage I hoped it wasn't noticeable. Guess she also didn't notice the missing end of the finished tassel.
What about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?? Or is that going to strip the leather??

What about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?? Or is that going to strip the leather??
I tried that. the water (or whatever it is) damage has penetraded the coating of the leather and nothing is getting to it. The bottom of the bag had lots of marks on it. they came off with leather CPR so they were just dirt. too bad this mark on the front isn't just dirt but a stubborn stain.

I really think something spilled INSIDE the bag, probably a bottle of water. The glaze really does protect the bag some but only from the outside.

Reactions: JenJBS
seems like amazon only has steel grey and a charcoal....maybe too dark or too blue?
Amazon.com: Tarrago Shoe Cream Jar 50ml. #14 Steel Gray : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

I called a local cobbler. he said he has grey shoe cream (different brand) but he doesn't recommend using it on bags - just on shoes. He had a heavy accent so I couldn't really get into a detailed conversation with him. He said he would dye the bag.

No screw yet.

thanks so very much :heart:
I have dark grey that I got on Amazon and I would mix it with white to get the right shade.
Not sure about the cobbler, maybe he doesn't think outside of the box.

I think it's so pretty! Is there any musty smell or stains in the lining due to the water mark?
no smell that I can detect.....the lining doesn't show dirt or marks being a dark color and I was afraid to try to wash it - that the leather could get wet. so I sprayed the lining with an alcohol/water mix to try to disinfect

Reactions: JenJBS