New Scent: Un Jardin apres la Mousson

I haven't yet tried it on myself, but smelling it sprayed on a card was lovely. Very light and fresh, definitely perfect for the warmer months ahead!

I agree, ChocoGrace - I was in the boutique today picking up a cashmere GM that I've been waiting for. Thanks to this thread, I looked for this perfume as well. I was surprised at how much I liked it on the card...now to see what it smells like on me - got a tiny sample so I could check it out!

Source: http://www.wwd.com/beauty/article/122805?src=rss

Hermes Garden Grows With Third Jardins Fragrance
By Ellen Groves

PARIS — India in monsoon season inspired Hermès Parfums' latest eau.

The scent, called Un Jardin après la Mousson, or a Garden After the Monsoon, in English, will bow in May as part of the French luxury brand's yearlong tribute to India.

For the third fragrance in the Jardins series, Jean-Claude Ellena, Hermès' in-house perfumer, traveled to Kerala.

oh. it must be so nice t be Hermes in house perfumer and travel to India to research the perfume...JC Ellena did the same thing for un jardin sur le Nil (ie he travelled to Egypt)
I love the other 2 jardin scents and I am going to try this one asap

An SA in Selfridges gave me a sample yeaterday. I love it!!
I am pleasantly surprised, because most H scents dont work on me!!
I think it has a wonderful smell, it DOES smell of ginger flowers after the rain.

I got of sample of this yesterday and whilst it's quite nice sadly not for me. I like vanilla based fragrances and have yet to find an H scent I like....found one for my other half though, the Eau D'orange Verte

I was given a sample in Glasgow earlier this week. Ironically, it was pouring down outside (more like torrential rain) and I'd popped into Frasers to avoid it. Bought a twilly and pocket square so the SA asked if I'd like a sample of the new perfume.

On the way to the train station I passed a shop called "Monsoon" - just as there was a large flash of forked lightning above the arts theatre at the top of Buchannan Street! :wtf: (my umbrella was lowered extremely quickly I can tell you!)

There was a river running down the middle of the pedestrian walkway..the rain was cold rather than warm and thankfully there were no elephants!!;)

Haven't actually tried the sample yet...

I was in the boutique yesterday picking up a long awaited cashmere GM and got a sample also. I was a bit surprised at how much I liked it on the card...now to see what it is like on me!

Ok..finally tried it on this morning.

It's quite light and sits not too bad on my skin (I don't like heavy perfumes as they tend to give me a headache!). When I first put it on I did catch wiffs of melon but now I can definately smell the ginger coming through.

Kerala in a bottle

Jaydeep Ghosh , Hindustan Times

May 28, 2008
First Published: 11:11 IST(28/5/2008)
Last Updated: 15:42 IST(28/5/2008)

DropShadow_TopLeft.gif
DropShadow_TopRight.gif
DropShadow_BotLeft.gif
DropShadow_BotRight.gif

The House of Hermes is smitten by India - first with its Spring/Summer 2008 collection designed by Jean Paul Gaultier with its Anarkali caps, churidaars, dhoti pants and the sari dress then with Indian model Lakshmi Menon fronting their campaign.

Now Hermes has unveiled its latest fragrance - Un Jardin Apres la Mousson (A Garden after the Monsoon) which captures the scents of God's Own Country Kerala, in its 100ml bottles.

"The perfume is confected with vetiver and kahli ginger, tuberose and gardenia," says Jean-Claude Ellen, the developer Jean-Claude's notes romanticise Kerala: "In coastal Kerala, spices have been trafficked since the Romans rode in on the winds of the monsoons seeking cardamom and pepper black gold."

"Women wear their saris differently here than they do up north, draping them like togas. And when the first monsoon blows in from the Arabian Sea - and it always seems to arrive during the first week of June, extinguishing the scorching rays of the summer sun and ushering in a joyful verdant renewal - the modest women of Kerala rush out into the rain, and the saris cling close to the body Very brotique," says Ellen.

That's the source of the essence of God's Own Country made and bottled in France.

I love love love this scent... but what surprises me is that it hasn't been launched yet everywhere? :confused1: It's been in the stores here for at least a month - I bought a bottle for Mother's Day... or at least I thought it was this one? It's odd that other places would launch it around July 1st or so...

I'm a bit late to the party, but just got the sample pack and used the first set today :heart: omg the first whiff took me back decades. Exactly the same smell as when in childhood we hid under the huge rhubarb leaves in the rain. This is it, perfection! My next scent definitely.

Goes well with the rhubarb cosmopolitans, too, that our group of girls love :lol: