New Puppy or New Coach?

Boxermom is right! A puppy is like a toddler! My dog is 8 months and he finds everything and anything on floors. My mom does stained glass, so when we visit her, I have to watch him like a hawk b/c he finds tiny shards, push pins, copper pieces, etc, from her work. That's just an example of toddler analogy. I've turned my back and found the toilet paper from both of my bathrooms unwound and shredded on the living room floor, in a matter of minutes. I'd make sure mom and dad are really okay w/ puppy care if you do go to college and/or live at home. I do wish you luck though, however it turns out. He is a cutie.

^^^elizat, isn't it amazing how fast they can get into things? Anything in wastebaskets is fair game for my 2 yr-old boxer. Today he took a silk flower pot off a low table in a BR (door wasn't completely latched) and brought it into the LR to show me how clever he was! At least he didn't destroy it before I saw he had it.

You really do need to puppy-proof a house just like you have to baby-proof a house.

i decided that i would wait a little bit.
i'm in college right now, but soon i will only be part-time. [night class]
i have one [nearly] full-time job right now, and i'm working on getting another one sometime soon. [looking at coach store near me! :yes:]
so i decided that until i could properly spoil a furbaby i would wait to get one.
plus, to ease my sorrow, boyfriend promised he'd get me a puppy the christmas after we move in together. :nuts:

^^^elizat, isn't it amazing how fast they can get into things? Anything in wastebaskets is fair game for my 2 yr-old boxer. Today he took a silk flower pot off a low table in a BR (door wasn't completely latched) and brought it into the LR to show me how clever he was! At least he didn't destroy it before I saw he had it.

You really do need to puppy-proof a house just like you have to baby-proof a house.

Yes, agreed! I am sure your boxer was so proud of himself too! It seems like when we think they are getting into the most trouble, is when they think they are doing their greatest work ever!:lol:

i decided that i would wait a little bit.
i'm in college right now, but soon i will only be part-time. [night class]
i have one [nearly] full-time job right now, and i'm working on getting another one sometime soon. [looking at coach store near me! :yes:]
so i decided that until i could properly spoil a furbaby i would wait to get one.
plus, to ease my sorrow, boyfriend promised he'd get me a puppy the christmas after we move in together. :nuts:

I'm glad you made a decision thinking about your life and your future pup's needs as one. When you are ready to do it, I am sure you'll be a great furbaby mom. I think your decision shows a lot of respect for the puppy. So many ppl get pets, b/c they are cute or cuddly, without thinking if they can really handle the responsibility, give them time, spend the money, etc. I assume a new bag will be in rotation soon, then???