New mom, need opinion on diaper bag

I am havign that same problem too!! but eventually, I just got tired of the nappy bag style so I am just going to use a Fendi I already have, that can pop neatly under my pram in the storage basket & carry my regular hand bags.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

If you like scrumptious leathers, I'd definitely consider the Not Rational diaper bag. The Susan Fitch Million Dollar Baby bag is great too - cool looking with lots of grommets on the pockets. For some really interesting styles and great organization, Mia Bossi is the great. There's also a really interesting leather diaper bag by Suzy Hammitt with studs galore, but people have said that it's too heavy to use all the time.

If you don't have to have leather, the Oi Oi and JuJuBe bags are cute and really functional. And as a previous poster has said, the Petunia Picklebottoms are a classic. If you like cutesy patterns, the Lesportsac Tokidoki Cucciolo is a winner.

You also always have the option of using a large designer bag (Bbag work bag, Chloe Tracy or Betty) and using a Diapees and Wipees or Royal Heinie case to organize your baby stuff.

You can find tons of information on the yahoo group babybags. The mamas there swap and sell bags to each other all the time. I've been on there for over 2 years - it's a dangerous place, almost as dangerous as this one! :yes:Here's the link:

babybags : The Diaper Bag Search, Sell 'n Swap!

Also, check out the Mommies with Style blog. They review all kinds of trendy baby items, not just bags.

HTH!! And congrats!! I have tried out most if not all of these bags myself, so please feel free to PM me with any questions.

HI, congrat's on your pregnancy! I have an 11 month old and I've been through about 10 diaper bags already!!!! But last month I bought the Juicy Couture diaper bag from Shop Dolly Rocker. It's a little bulky (very wide) but it fit's everything, has so many compartments & comes with a changing pad, bib & birp cloth. It retails for $295. I think they also have it at either Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus. Good luck!!!

Hi, after 3 go 'rounds on the diaper bag circuit, I agree with the Moms who said to look for something different, esp. when you are at the park, Gymboree, whatever, you want to be able to pick your bag out easily. Try all the websites suggested and get something you love -- my only add'l thoughts are def. get a waterproof interior, no matter what there will be something that leaks at some point; and don't totally break the bank, after a while I got sick of looking at mine and needed a new one every 6 months or so! Have fun! :yes:

Wow, thanks for the numerous responses.
I dont think my husband will go for a petunia pickle bottom although they have cute patterns...he wont even go for the Kate Spade tote bag....haha..
I will show him all the links that you guys gave me and see which one he likes best.

I've had and still have a Burberry diaperbag it's canvas and really practical since you can wash it. I used it the first couple of months in alternance with a custommade one (a friend who is a designer made it for me). But quickly I turned to "normal" bags again, Bal work didn't work for me because I missed the shoulderstrap but city and day are fine!

If you're interested in Tokidoki, I currently use the Buon Viaggio with my toddler as a diaper bag and it works perfectly! Though the Cucciolo would probably be better for a newborn depending on how big of a packer you think you'll be. Good luck and congrats!