New Miu Miu purchase in Florence

Yes, cheaper, especially if you get your VAT refunded. I found almost all high end designers stuff were slightly cheaper in Italy, and way the hell more expensive in London. The Miu Miu leather Coffer was about 960 EU. With VAT refund it will come to about 820 EU, which translates to about $1100.

This bag was 670 EU. With VAT refund it came to 575 EU. Not a bad deal!

You pay a premium in London though. I thought I could find deals on UK based designers, like Jimmy Choo, but no luck there either. The Dollar is so weak against the pound that it's not worthwhile. Also things just cost more there. I bought a Max & CO coat in Florence for 289 EU. That exact same coat in London was 279 pounds. Way more expensive in London.

^Thanks Debbie. Unfortunately, I'm going to get rid of it and get the leather Coffer. I'm too paranoid about my white Siamese and her fur getting embedded in the bag. I need to stick with leather.

gorgeous bag!!Hope you enjoyed Florence!!!:biggrin:
Thanks Mischa. I see you're in Rome, so I can say this without sounding *****y. I did not like Florence, and shortened our 12 day trip to 6, and spent the other 6 days in London.

Now Rome, we loooooooooooooooved!! Stayed there 14 days about 3 years ago and couldn't get enough!!!

Congrats on the beautiful bag!!!!!!!! The best part is that it'll also serve as a great momento of your time in Florence!

I'm planning on going to Florence in May...hopefully I'll make some great purchases too!