Tech New mini laptops

I JUST ordered the pink Acer (with 6-cell battery=5.5 hours) today for DD's birthday. She'll love it & it's perfect for her! I priced them yesterday & it went up $7 on Amazon; now I know why! ;)

I have one of the Sony UMPC and it does have a lot of uses. I admit that I never use it around the house, it's just too much of a hassle trying to type but it's no different then having a blackberry, something I need to learn just don't want to bother with.

When I am out and about it's so nice to be able to throw it into my purse and go, then have it there for when I want to send an email or w/e. Recently I got a GPS hookup for it and that has been awesome to use it with.

It also has all kinds of hookups to make life easier. I got a portable keyboard for when I travel and a usb mouse so I don't have to keep using the mouse stick or touchscreen.

On the go it can't be beat, at least by much. I wish the 7" screen was higher sometimes and I wish it had a real keyboard but that would be making it much larger and into more of a laptop, and it wouldn't fit into my purse anymore. So all in all I'm pretty happy with mine, although I do wish I had a real laptop sometimes.

Okay, I need to point out that I did alot of study on the Ultra Mobiles before I picked the Sony. I did look into the acer and it looked like a great laptop, but I figured if I was going to get more of a laptop why not just get a real laptop that can play dvd and cds? It is cheap and I'm sure you'll be happy, you will probably need to get an external cd drive for it though, just to warn you. I got an Averatec a few years ago for school and I loved that laptop, I still have it and someday I'll probably get the upgrade to it. You might want to look into the Sony viao as well, they have some really small laptops with a cd rom drive, of course they cost alot more.

I have a pink Asus eee and love it. It's perfect for when I travel and don't want to lug my laptop. The wifi works great and I have some videos on a memory stick to keep me amused on long flights. It's my second favorite new technology toy (after my favorite, my iPod Touch).

We saw a mini HP at Circuit City, and because my husband needed a new laptop we came......this close.....to buying it, but we bought a different one because it didn't have a DVD or CD drawer, which is imperative in his job.....but they are cute!!

I have a pink Asus eee and love it. It's perfect for when I travel and don't want to lug my laptop. The wifi works great and I have some videos on a memory stick to keep me amused on long flights. It's my second favorite new technology toy (after my favorite, my iPod Touch).

I have that one too and I love it. I had to order the hot pink from Europe at:P the time since it wasn't avail in the US yet. My 10" Sony was getting too big for me and I never used the dvd anyway since tech deemed it unnecessary for what I used it for. Since i dont need it, was thinking of the mac air for it's thinness but it still required I carry it in a tote, then I started looking at these. It does everything that I used my other travel laptop for, but smaller, lighter and cuter... And I can use my balenciaga clutch as a case.

I dont know if anyone has mentions dell but they have the mini 9" and 12" i think there is a sale on the most expensive one and there was a presidents day sale but I don't know if its still going on. The mini 9 is great on the go

By the way they have different colors...pink:heart: blue green red black white, which is extra but standard comes in black or white depending on which one you buy (mini 9) not sure what colors the 12 comes in. You can also personalize the outside image i think.

Last edited:
I got the Asus EEE 100H for travelling and so far it's held up well. Don't expect it to run Photoshop, Powerpoint and other heavy programs without some sluggishness on the part of the pc though.

yes, i have an Aspire one in white, must more portable than my 17 inch Dell. Took it overseas for 3 wks and so far so good :yes: but mine being the first generation, it didn't come w/any built in cd/dvd drive...I still recommend to people only use NB for web surfing and Office :tup: