New Louis Vuitton x Jeff Koons Collection (2nd Edition)

Forgive my ignorance, but why is it a Jeff Koons collaboration if they are famous paintings by Da Vinci, Monet, etc?
Because Jeff Koons “altered” it by adding a big plaque on top of each piece by calling out Monet, Da Vinci, etc. It is no different than what Marcel Duchamp did by signing an urinal and call it a fountain. The concept is call Ready Made. Warhol excel at this.

I adore Jeff Koons but I think it’s obscene to have him crowned as the most expensive living artist (previous title holder is Hockney). Portrait of an Artist is by far a better/iconic artwork than this metal rabbit imo. Either the buyer of Portrait of an artist got the deal of the century or buyer of this rabbit over paid!:coolio:

Reactions: ildera5
I adore Jeff Koons but I think it’s obscene to have him crowned as the most expensive living artist (previous title holder is Hockney). Portrait of an Artist is by far a better/iconic artwork than this metal rabbit imo. Either the buyer of Portrait of an artist got the deal of the century or buyer of this rabbit over paid!:coolio:
Well... that's for the art market to decide.

Reactions: frivofrugalista