New Hermes Bag?

a close up

1156020054_e5ab8480b8.jpg

Rose, thank you for posting the photos.
I like the bag; there haven't been many bags that I don't like (which is part of my problem.) Having said that, I'll also add that I don't think it will become an icon like the Kelly or the Birkin, just one of those odd little one-offs that H does now and then.

I kinda like it - it's both dressy ala Kelly but with the practicality of the 2 outside pockets.

With that said, am I about to stand in line to be "allowed" to spend $10,000 or more? yeah, and I'm a 6' blond model from Sweden... ha!

I agree it looks convernient. But it still looks to me like a mixed metaphor - it has elements of several bags thrown together. The body/base is like another older Hermes bag (I cant remember what it is called - the "Golf" maybe?); the bottom pockets, like the mens messenger bags; the closures, like the Kelly, sort of. I guess I have to see it in person. This strikes me as more of a bespoke piece they made for her, as opposed to something Hermes is actually going to release and market. I am not saying its not a practical bag, it clearly is, and it will probably get requested by many people. But (hope I am not stepping on any toes here) its a bag that I can hear JPG calling a monstrosity. I bet he actually did say that.

I don't really think the bottom goes with the top... but that's just my personal preference.
What's truly appalling is that you'd have to have her permission to buy one... That's weird! Are we sure this is true?