New here--Am I too old for BBags?

I think there are several tPFers that are older than you, and I am one of them. Someone else said it better than I can. Style has no age limits. I wear tons of neutral clothes and therefore love to brighten things up with a bag to give me a pop of color. Wear what you love and ignore your 17 year old. I have a 21 year old and she has never told me that I shouldn't wear any of my bags and if she did, I wouldn't listen to her.

My two daughters (22 & 19) encourage me to buy balencigas....the brighter the better!!

...I'm sure it's because they want to borrow....

Seriously, You are never too old to carry a bal :nogood:.
Some clothes..yes....but a bright beautiful bal is ageless.....

ha! I'm 54 and I've got 6. I don't feel silly wearing them, and I love all the bright colors! Don't let your age ever stop you from doing what you want to do!

I am 40 and more into neutrals so I have sahara, black, multi-color woven, tempete and sang (my pop against all black)!!! I don't really go for the bright colors because my kids' toys are in those colors so didnt really want to blend my bag with their stuff but it's all a matter of preference and what suits your clothing style.
And at 47, of course you can still rock it!!!

I totally agree with what the other tPFers have said. You're never too old for Bal bags!

I think bright colours would be nice for you. Who says the middle-aged can't wear pop colours! In fact, I think carrying a bright-coloured bag makes you happier, because just looking at it makes you happy!

So go for it!!!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I have been looking at the photos on the forum and everyone looks so young :smile:

Ha, that's the beauty of photos. I can leave my wrinkly face and greying hair out of the picture, LOL.

I'm 45 and while I mostly wear neutrals (nothing to do with age, always have loved neutrals) I do have some colourful bags (including rouille which is a rusty dark orange) and love carrying them.

Wear what you love!

Here you go, some pics of me with my more colourful bags:

RouilleShopper17_2_10.jpg

RouilleShopper_26_2_10.jpg

RouilleCourier14908.jpg

RouilleCourier10908.jpg

TomatoShoulder4.jpg

SanguineWork5_6_09.jpg

VT12608-3.jpg

whoa ... wait a minute here. i think i'm probably the oldest member on any of the sub-forums here and i just bought my first bal and it's raisin. not a very conservative color either. i hope i'm not too old! (64 :tup:)