New Gucci 1955 Horsebit Bag

Can anyone tell me what’s the difference between these two Gucci 1955 Horsebit shoulder bags? The first one has “GG Supreme” in the name and is $2175, whereas the one is $2350. Sizes seem the same. Thanks!

the above poster is wrong. ssense notes both bags are coated canvas.

the reason ssense has two listings of the 'same' item is usually because they're from different production seasons/batches. other retailers consolidate the same item from different batches/seasons in the same listing; but, ssense keeps listings separate and it's a good thing as there may be small differences that vary between seasons. You'll see the same thing with Gucci belts/rhytons/aces etc. I remember in one season Gucci rhytons were more distressed compared to a previous season.

Prices discrepancies are sometimes because of 'open secret' markdowns, ssense does this because it looks like the item is still full price and doesn't seem to infringe on contractual arrangements with Gucci to not discount as Gucci has been imposing retailers to not do markdowns since the brand became super popular again (excluding sales because of COVID)

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
the above poster is wrong. ssense notes both bags are coated canvas.

the reason ssense has two listings of the 'same' item is usually because they're from different production seasons/batches. other retailers consolidate the same item from different batches/seasons in the same listing; but, ssense keeps listings separate and it's a good thing as there may be small differences that vary between seasons. You'll see the same thing with Gucci belts/rhytons/aces etc. I remember in one season Gucci rhytons were more distressed compared to a previous season.

Prices discrepancies are sometimes because of 'open secret' markdowns, ssense does this because it looks like the item is still full price and doesn't seem to infringe on contractual arrangements with Gucci to not discount as Gucci has been imposing retailers to not do markdowns since the brand became super popular again (excluding sales because of COVID)

I don't think either is a markdown. As you say they are just from different batches.

Reactions: averagejoe
does anyone know if the bag will still have the 1 year warranty with Gucci if bought from SSENSE? or that only applies when you buy directly from Gucci?

also, what usually comes with a purchase (from SSENSE specifically) when compared to buying directly from Gucci ie dust bag, auth card, box etc?

for example, will these additional covers come with the purchase? photo is screenshot from Gucci's site.

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 12.15.11 AM.png

I emailed SSENSE with the same questions and got a "no answer" answer . TIA

• Sad
Reactions: papertiger
does anyone know if the bag will still have the 1 year warranty with Gucci if bought from SSENSE? or that only applies when you buy directly from Gucci?

also, what usually comes with a purchase (from SSENSE specifically) when compared to buying directly from Gucci ie dust bag, auth card, box etc?

for example, will these additional covers come with the purchase? photo is screenshot from Gucci's site.

View attachment 4951912

I am sure that Gucci would cover their year warranty if bought from a legit third party (just keep the receipt). From experience looking at Gucci forum I would expect the packaging will vary from retailer to retailer.

Reactions: VSUVUS

View attachment 4951912

When you buy from SSense the packaging is very basic you get the item, the dust bag and the related controllato cards etc and that’s it. That being said it’s if you can find some older batches you can sometimes get things that are priced at the old price.

Reactions: VSUVUS
Please help me choose between the Black and the GG Supreme version? I know I’m more likely going to wear the black one since it’s what makes my heart sing and I enjoy black, understated designs but I also really appreciate how beautiful and vintage-looking the monogram is. I’ve been in love with this bag for almost 2 years and I think it is my dream bag now!

Attachments

• A35A2D06-D131-4985-8E0A-840782D78BEC.jpeg
    A35A2D06-D131-4985-8E0A-840782D78BEC.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 791B81D8-0A3F-4EC3-9A16-A95BF4CD6BD3.jpeg
    791B81D8-0A3F-4EC3-9A16-A95BF4CD6BD3.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: mrs.JC and Tsvetid
Please help me choose between the Black and the GG Supreme version? I know I’m more likely going to wear the black one since it’s what makes my heart sing and I enjoy black, understated designs but I also really appreciate how beautiful and vintage-looking the monogram is. I’ve been in love with this bag for almost 2 years and I think it is my dream bag now!
Black. You seem like you love it more. It’s a classic you’ll have forever.

you can’t go wrong since the bag Is just lovely. I went with black and a GG ophidia and ultimately was happiest that way because I don’t often find a black bag that I just LOVE and don’t just think is the practical choice.

I also was torn between an all leather one and the monogram version. Despite the leather ones looking so so beautiful I went with the monogram because of the unique vintage vibe to it. Also, normally I’m so not a monogram person, so it’s much more likely to find other beautiful leather bags to wear and I chose this one to be different. Now I’m looking for a red Celine Classic Box to buy, which is very similar to the Horsebit size and shape wise.
So I would suggest to make your decision depending on your existing bag collection and possible future purchases. They’re both beautiful and If money wasn’t an issue, I’d buy the monogrammed, the red, the black and the brown and possibly a few more :biggrin:

I also was torn between an all leather one and the monogram version. Despite the leather ones looking so so beautiful I went with the monogram because of the unique vintage vibe to it. Also, normally I’m so not a monogram person, so it’s much more likely to find other beautiful leather bags to wear and I chose this one to be different. Now I’m looking for a red Celine Classic Box to buy, which is very similar to the Horsebit size and shape wise.
So I would suggest to make your decision depending on your existing bag collection and possible future purchases. They’re both beautiful and If money wasn’t an issue, I’d buy the monogrammed, the red, the black and the brown and possibly a few more :biggrin:

Agreed! Unless you know for sure what you like and will only carry ie black purses only, it’s important to consider your current collection and your wish list

haha, I have the red Céline Box (small size) and want to get the monogram in this bag since I want a more casual everyday bag in a bigger size