New Floorset

Thanks Mary G! I was hoping the rose would be a nice spring red but then it ended up being so washed out. Not at all what I want for Spring. If the geranium looks at all like the color depicted in the catalog pics with the models then I am going to be happy! I've been in a strawberry-ish red lately. And yeah, there are supposed to be new things coming out plus summer bags will be out in no time!

^^ I noticed that too. I think it was only items that were like the last one or something that were on display. Are the Ergos part of the new floorset? My store has a bunch.

Well, I just got home from a FULL day of shopping and I have to agree. I was pretty psyched up, but NO small madelines. WTF??? They had the smaller ones in Dillards (a dept. store here), but no all leather smaller ones. Also, they are pretty snotty in the one store I happened to visit today. It wasn't busy at all but the 3 SA's gabbing in the corner never even bothered to help me. I left there without a purchase & went to spend some $$ at LV. Bummer :sad:

^^ Has anyone called JAX about the smaller size Madelines? I want the bigger size personally but maybe they can be ordered from JAX. That's too bad about the SAs being snotty too. Their loss.

I am definitely getting the Madeline in geranium because I have noticed that I am almost to 5,000 posts and that's reason to celebrate! So, I'm exchanging some things for sure for Miss Maddy in celebration of breaking 5,000 posts! :yahoo:

ttloveshim, I have to say that I found the geranium color to be more of an orange-red than a strawberry red. I don't want to disappoint, but I don't want you to end up with something you didn't want. I found the color to be more true to the website than to the catalog, personally.

I went to both the coach stores on Michigan Ave today in Chicago. They both had the Mad's in both sizes and several colors in the leather.

I confess I returned my Medium Carly and bought the Smaller Mad in black leather. I love the Carly but my back is still on the fritz so I can't carry a shoulder bag and the cute Carly was just too tempting...I plan to buy one down the road when I am better.

I wasn't sold on this bag at first but I am falling in love. I moved right in and used it today. It can carry all my essentials and a bit extra. It will be great when I travel as it has two outside pockets. The bow is totally cute. Even my hubby noticed it.

They had the new carryalls. I was instantly in love and wanted the black but it is a little small and didn't fit all my stuff. But I did see the black signature and the bronze signature and the all leather in doe.

They had the new turn lock wallets in the slim and medium size...is it the compact. The black has a beautiful lilac colored lining. I think the orange is going to be popular. The green bag with the zebra is stunning but not a practical purchase with me.

There was another small satchel bag...really tiny but cute.

They had some of the lilac stuff (not the carryall).

I ordered the Heritage XL Satchel...I used a gift certificate that I got for Christmas. I was able to use my PCE for both bags.

I think I saw all there was to see. It was nice to see some color but I think the best is yet to come!!!

ttloveshim, I have to say that I found the geranium color to be more of an orange-red than a strawberry red. I don't want to disappoint, but I don't want you to end up with something you didn't want. I found the color to be more true to the website than to the catalog, personally.

Thank-you for sharing with me! This is what makes it so hard living 4 hours from a boutique! We have a Macy's an hour or so north of us but this time of year we don't travel north much! The only thing that I don't want to do is keep exchanging bags and risk Coach refusing to allow me to do returns any longer. If I keep tags on it though and have the receipt, I should be safe, right? It's really the only way I can do things honestly since I can't see them in person before I purchase. Decisions, decisions!:hysteric:

Thank-you for sharing with me! This is what makes it so hard living 4 hours from a boutique! We have a Macy's an hour or so north of us but this time of year we don't travel north much! The only thing that I don't want to do is keep exchanging bags and risk Coach refusing to allow me to do returns any longer. If I keep tags on it though and have the receipt, I should be safe, right? It's really the only way I can do things honestly since I can't see them in person before I purchase. Decisions, decisions!:hysteric:

ha ha ha...I have done quite a bit of returning and exchanging myself these days and was worried about the same thing. I asked one of the coach SA's and she said they have no issues with folks who make exchanges with receipts and tags its not an issue...
I guess they understand that a "woman has the right to change her mind"... tee hee

^^ Well, that's good to know! Plus if I just exchange and don't expect money back that probably helps! LOL! I probably haven't returned that much anyway, I just feel guilty for some dumb reason!

Anyway, another Madeline question... what's the leather feel like? Anyone know? I know that bag is structured which is OK since I've fallen in love with my Hampton's satchel but I'm wondering how the feel of it is. Dang! I'm so obsessed with this da*n bag I need to just buy it and see it for myself!

I went to both the coach stores on Michigan Ave today in Chicago. They both had the Mad's in both sizes and several colors in the leather.

I confess I returned my Medium Carly and bought the Smaller Mad in black leather. I love the Carly but my back is still on the fritz so I can't carry a shoulder bag and the cute Carly was just too tempting...I plan to buy one down the road when I am better.

I wasn't sold on this bag at first but I am falling in love. I moved right in and used it today. It can carry all my essentials and a bit extra. It will be great when I travel as it has two outside pockets. The bow is totally cute. Even my hubby noticed it.

They had the new carryalls. I was instantly in love and wanted the black but it is a little small and didn't fit all my stuff. But I did see the black signature and the bronze signature and the all leather in doe.

They had the new turn lock wallets in the slim and medium size...is it the compact. The black has a beautiful lilac colored lining. I think the orange is going to be popular. The green bag with the zebra is stunning but not a practical purchase with me.

There was another small satchel bag...really tiny but cute.

They had some of the lilac stuff (not the carryall).

I ordered the Heritage XL Satchel...I used a gift certificate that I got for Christmas. I was able to use my PCE for both bags.

I think I saw all there was to see. It was nice to see some color but I think the best is yet to come!!!

glad to hear they had some good stuff.... i will be heading there this weekend.... the heritage xl satchel is calling me... i dont usually go for signature pieces, but i am loving the look of this bag :yahoo:

I went to my favorite Coach boutique today and I was totally unimpressed by the new floor set. While I love the colors on the Mads I did not like the leather they are made with. The floor models were showing some strange "wrinkling" where the straps attached to the body of the bag. I think I will wait a while and see what else comes along.

^^ Well, that's good to know! Plus if I just exchange and don't expect money back that probably helps! LOL! I probably haven't returned that much anyway, I just feel guilty for some dumb reason!

Anyway, another Madeline question... what's the leather feel like? Anyone know? I know that bag is structured which is OK since I've fallen in love with my Hampton's satchel but I'm wondering how the feel of it is. Dang! I'm so obsessed with this da*n bag I need to just buy it and see it for myself!

the bag is structured so the leather is tougher. Mine had what looked like some wrinkling on the bottom but the SA told me that would change with wear.

I really didn't intend to buy this bag but it was the perfect size and the perfect price with PCE and it looks great with the type of stuff I wear. I live in jeans with the occasional dress and it will look great with either. It doesn't have a ton of hardware so its not too heavy. Ooh the best part is you can carry it over your arm in hand or over your shoulder.

The down sides for me were that the handles are really stiff. They stand straight up on their own. I tend to like straps / handles that can flop over. This isn't a huge deal though. The only other thing was that the zipper doesn't go all the way across as on most coach totes. The gap isn't as big as those on the gallery totes though. I just left it open for most of today though.

You must check it out.

Regarding the zipper on the Madeline Tote, I have this same style zip on other COACH totes and I don't unzip it all the way. I'm still able to easily get into my bag, and I can re-zip it with one hand.

The Madelines have snaps on each end, which sort of cinches the bag closed, and it makes the zip-top more recessed.