New denim collection from Dooney and Bourke

fendifemale said:
Excuse me? They also make some professional looking bags. Ive never seen a 14 yr old with mine. Just bcause a bag doesnt cost a grand does NOT make it un-classy or the person strutting their stuff with it on their shoulder.

I agree. Dooney has some nice collections other than the It, Star, Heart, etc., which are the collections that a lot of younger girls are carrying.

I like the first one b/c I like the darker leather with the denim. the last one is a cute shape, but light leather and denim isn't as classy. I have nothing against Dooney or Coach. Both are high quality and frankly I think that being inspired by a shape or style doesn't make it bad. I don't like the Louis Vuitton Denim--sorry if I offend anyone saying that--I like the speedy a lot, and a few of their leathers and styles, but the denim doesn't do it for me b/c of the light leather it's paired with. Not everyone can afford an LV, and there's nothing wrong with liking a style and going for it on an affordable level. Yes, some Dooney's look like an Hermes or a LV etc, but many of the bags today look like stuff my 90 year old grandma carried when she and my grandpa got married, so are they copy-cats too? Every bag is inspired by something, a color, a shape, the way it curves under an arm or grazes the hip...no designer ignores popular shapes and styles and what sells, and as long as Dooney isn't claiming to be LV or putting LV all over their bags, who cares. So, JaneAnn, don't feel bad, I posted about my $400 Coach bag that I constantly get compliments on, and it wasn't responded to at all. Frankly, I like my style, I think it's attractive and I carry myself confidently, so if someone thinks they're more stylish than me b/c they have a Paddington and I have a Soho business tote, so be it. I have a high quality bag that I like, and I have nothing to prove. I save lives every day at work, and I don't need my cash flow or my bag to prove anything.

CC - I responded to your post about Coach. I don't know why you think that we hate Coach. I happen to really love the brand, and I've seen you make this assertion before. I've searched the forums a couple times to try to find why you think this. But apparently, it's because no one responded to your post? Please don't assume our opinions by what we don't say.

Humm... I think everyone needs to see that everyone else has their own taste and their own price range. Everyone's differs. Mine is probably not as high as I would love for it to be, but that is that. My mom always told me that "just when you think you have gone and bought something great, someone else gets something better" That is life. I would love a Birkin! But I can't have one.

CC and JaneAnn- I hope you don't think everyone here only likes top end expensive bags and would not care about anything else!! I LOVE Coach. I have fallen in love with some of their new bags. D&B is not one of my favs, but I do have a bag from them that I love.

Personally, for me it is not about price. There are no name bags that I have and love more than anything because of craftmanship, not because of the name. :oh:

Cristina said:
DN65_l.jpg

Double Pocket Tote

DN452_l.jpg

Medium Banana Bag

DN45_l.jpg

Tassel Tote

There are more at http://www.dooney.com but I just posted the ones I like. I like the trim on the first two, and it's available in different colors. I'm not a big fan of denim, but these are nice looking.
I would say the one in the middle is the cutest one. The first one is a little to dark for my taste and the last one, I don’t really like the design of. Definitely the second one:P .

CC, on the Dooney denims you have your choice of at least 10 different shades of leather trim. I think Coach has some beautiful bags, I just became a handbagaholic in the last six months, so I am new to all this!

I have a Dooney all weather leather that belonged to my mom. It's just a basic bag, no bling or excitement. She carried it for years, and gave it a pretty good workout. It shows almost no signs of wear. I think it cost her $300 about 20 years ago.

Megs said:
CC and JaneAnn- I hope you don't think everyone here only likes top end expensive bags and would not care about anything else!! I LOVE Coach. I have fallen in love with some of their new bags. D&B is not one of my favs, but I do have a bag from them that I love.

Personally, for me it is not about price. There are no name bags that I have and love more than anything because of craftmanship, not because of the name. :oh:

Different strokes for different folks. I love the Dooney Nile line. Would love to board a ship with the hat box luggage. Also love the stuff Coach is doing lately. Great cruise tote with fish and coral comming out in December. Saw in the new catalogue.

But about Dooney: I think their line (the "it" bags, etc.) is geared to the pre-teen market. I have a 13 year old who adores their bags. They are featured in Teen Vogue alot and she owns 2 now. (one Christmas present, one Birthday).

Now if you think about it, all us bag junkies (used kindly) have quite the collection of georgous bags. We think so, we love them, we know all about the companies they come from, and we buy them for ourselves; what we like for us. Wouldn't it make sense that our daughters would want them too. Mine is always shopping with me and it gives me a beat on some trendy stuff I may miss. But...13 is too young (in my book) to be carrying a Vuitton. (my apoligies to anyone here who is young and owns an expensive bag - I'm sure it suits you. My girl isn't ready for it yet.) And fakes are out of the question in my house. I have purses which my girl wants to use and I won't let her because the look is too expensive for a pre teen. I really think Dooney and some Coach is perfect for her. Expecially Dooney - the look is young and fresh.

Now that doesn't mean that someone of my *cough, couch* age shouldn't use a D/B purse, on the contrary (spelling?) I would. But I tend to change purses almost every day. Match the outfit kinda thing. If I feel the old punk comming out - grab the black fringe bag, Feeling classic? Grab the Louies. Snow gear? The screaming orange Channel in shearling (from the outlet). And feeling just plain kooky I use the Hello Kitty Heatherette I bought when I worked for Kitty!

I am so happy for D/B. It give my daughter a very good, well make purse which she adores. It doesn't get any better.

Well this turned out lengthly, but just had to stick in my 2 cents.:biggrin:

^^ I agree. I posted a while back about not liking the copies of other designs that D&B do. That being said, their All Weather Leather is great. I love the Nile and I used to own a sueded backpack (forget which line it was...) that i also loved. I just don't love the stuff that looks like its trying to be something else. But I'm not 13 years old! And, to be honest, I wouldn't wanna be 13 again!

Issmom I think you are talking about the "GLOVE" or nappa line. Thats what Im talking about. Those lines dont have an adolescent feel. I dont think ppl are assuming about how some posters feel about the more affordable budget bags. Especially when certain comments are made it's seeping out of your pores.

fendifemale said:
Issmom I think you are talking about the "GLOVE" or nappa line. Thats what Im talking about. Those lines dont have an adolescent feel. I dont think ppl are assuming about how some posters feel about the more affordable budget bags. Especially when certain comments are made it's seeping out of your pores.

I don't think you are right there. Many people here may love to have a Birkin, LV, Gucci bag but cannot afford it all the time. Some people can. Just because someone doesn't like D&B, doesn't mean they don't like affordable bags. These comments only referred to the D&B bags. Many people don't like some of the bags I talk about, but I don't think it is beacuse they don't like the pricing or the brand- just their own taste and style. :oh:

But you take it to another level when you make a generalization about the ppl who purchase that brand when you say things like they're "classless". That's not a comment ONLY reffering to the bags. Go back and read the thread.

^^ I did read the entire thread. Maybe some words used were harsh, but there is no need to get too heated over D&B bags.... I can only imagine if this post were political in any way :blink:

I know you asked about the denim collection on Dooney and Bourke...but I was on my lunch break today..and i saw a girl sitting right next to me with this purse...and it's so adorable.
p10882561_ph_hero.jpg