New Balenciaga colors in real life! Finally!

Fraublucher said:
Booyah, it seems to me that the f/w leather is always the same destressed leather, but somehow it looks thicker and more "powdery". Not so shining as the s/s leather. The greige stands particularly out as soft and squishy, but even the darker colors seemed less marbled that the "old" leather.

Thanks! You're a doll!!!!!

BooYah said:
Thanks! You're a doll!!!!!

It was funny to be there: my drooling was so evident that there were three SAs helping me out, taking the bags from the shelves to let me touch them and try them on. I'm not sure though if they were just being nice or if they were afraid that I could grab a B-Bag and run out of the shop as a rugby player running to score! :biggrin:

Fraublucher said:
... Funny thing is that they had the rouille in almost every style: makes me think that it was not a very loved color ...

I have noticed the same thing in the stores in my area that carry Balenciaga ... you can still get the Weekender, Work, City, Courier and First at the BNY in Chestnut Hill, MA. Makes me think (fingers-crossed, hope, pray :graucho: ) that [maybe] the stores will place these on sale?!?! If so, I just might snap one up!!!

I actually saw a gal the other day who was carrying the Rouille Weekender ... mind you, I don't know if it was because of her outfit (a beautiful camel-colored Linen Safari Suit), but the bag looked SENSATIONAL!!! Good thing that I was at a shopping center where no B-Bags are to be found (otherwise I would have ... Ka-ching !!!!).

Rouille seems like a really nice & versatile color - especially after seeing it on MK1976! I too have noticed, though, that it is the one color that seems to be hanging on most places and not selling out. I think it is because of the orangey hue... I have to admit that turned me off of it too at first.

fiatflux said:
Rouille seems like a really nice & versatile color - especially after seeing it on MK1976! I too have noticed, though, that it is the one color that seems to be hanging on most places and not selling out. I think it is because of the orangey hue... I have to admit that turned me off of it too at first.

yeppers, i think rouille's one of the best b-bag colors ever, i :heart: mine!!!

p.s. and look how cute bakaneko & friends rouille cities look :smile:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/photos-wearing-your-balenciagas-14765-27.html

Rouille is my personal favorite from this past season. I liked it so much I bought the color in two styles and wouldn't mind a third. I wear so many neutrals that it really pops. Also, I am not a red girl but rouille still gives the drama of a red.

Thanks for posting, Frou! Your descriptions are making me drool! Now I want the Greige, too. lol. I wish I lived by BalNy so I could run over there every day. I'd probably be broke, though. LOL.