Neverfull MM - mono or DE?

It honestly depends on how you wish to use the bag. I have it in DE which I'm so happy about as I have a Speedy B 30 in Monogram and living in the UK I got so sad when I couldn't use it because of the weather!

DE is such a carefree print I can just run out the door and not have to worry about the weather or babying the bag. The downside to DE is the fact it doesn't come with so many interior colours but the red is stunning in my opinion and when it comes to the straps mine are perfectly fine and are very comfortable :smile:

It honestly depends on how you wish to use the bag. I have it in DE which I'm so happy about as I have a Speedy B 30 in Monogram and living in the UK I got so sad when I couldn't use it because of the weather!

DE is such a carefree print I can just run out the door and not have to worry about the weather or babying the bag. The downside to DE is the fact it doesn't come with so many interior colours but the red is stunning in my opinion and when it comes to the straps mine are perfectly fine and are very comfortable :smile:

This is good to know! I love the red interior in the DE and would love to not have to plan around weather. I live in the south so we have stormy summer afternoons that can pop up unexpectedly. I'm going to see the Josephine (and other wallets) today and plan to try on the mono and the DE Neverfull. I don't want to pay for new and if I buy new, I plan to sell the pouch that comes with it, as I don't need it and it would help me recoup some of the cost of the bag. This is bday money I'd be spending and most likely my only other LV bag for a long time.

I love the feedback - such a tough choice as I love mono too!

This is good to know! I love the red interior in the DE and would love to not have to plan around weather. I live in the south so we have stormy summer afternoons that can pop up unexpectedly. I'm going to see the Josephine (and other wallets) today and plan to try on the mono and the DE Neverfull. I don't want to pay for new and if I buy new, I plan to sell the pouch that comes with it, as I don't need it and it would help me recoup some of the cost of the bag. This is bday money I'd be spending and most likely my only other LV bag for a long time.

I love the feedback - such a tough choice as I love mono too! 😄

I honestly love both but I use my DE more than my other prints. Here in AL, it's hard to predict the weather...has a mind of it's own, lol! It's nice to not have to worry about the vachetta. I do use a water and stain spray on natural vachetta but would still rather not use them if I know it's going to rain. Good luck deciding!

I honestly love both but I use my DE more than my other prints. Here in AL, it's hard to predict the weather...has a mind of it's own, lol! It's nice to not have to worry about the vachetta. I do use a water and stain spray on natural vachetta but would still rather not use them if I know it's going to rain. Good luck deciding!

I know what you mean - NC weather is very similar! Which spray do you use if you don't mind sharing?

Thank you!

I have the Apple conditioner and the rain garde. I've wondered if you could use the rain garde on new vachetta to keep it looking new longer and to protect against water spots. Everyone says not to use anything but I think new, untreated vachetta would be too stressful for me. That's what made me consider the DE. And when I heard the straps on the new DE bags were softer, that was a plus.

I love the red lining so would be happy with either bag from that standpoint. Uugghhh tough decision! But not a bad one to have to make!
I know a lot of ladies here don't like to spray new vachetta, but honestly, the conditioner didn't discolor my brand new vachetta and I've heard that the rain and stain repellent is supposed to slow down the patina process. I didn't use it for that, I really just wanted to thoroughly protect from rain. Vachetta that's untreated would make me nervous too!
But now I feel so much better about my vachetta.

Also, I bought both my TP last month and sprayed with Apple Garde. I don't like the look of brand new vachetta, I like more of a patina. I sprayed both TP and have had them set by the window since I purchased (first week of July) and they still have a patina going. The contrast is larger in real life, but you can still see there's a color difference from my brand new Neverfull.

DE their dirty looking straps on the Mono just kill me.

Dirty straps bother me too! But when they're kept clean (or brand new of course) they look amazing!

I have the Apple conditioner and the rain garde. I've wondered if you could use the rain garde on new vachetta to keep it looking new longer and to protect against water spots. Everyone says not to use anything but I think new, untreated vachetta would be too stressful for me. That's what made me consider the DE. And when I heard the straps on the new DE bags were softer, that was a plus.

I love the red lining so would be happy with either bag from that standpoint. Uugghhh tough decision! But not a bad one to have to make!
I know a lot of ladies here don't like to spray new vachetta, but honestly, the conditioner didn't discolor my brand new vachetta and I've heard that the rain and stain repellent is supposed to slow down the patina process. I didn't use it for that, I really just wanted to thoroughly protect from rain. Vachetta that's untreated would make me nervous too!
But now I feel so much better about my vachetta.

2hfnyup.jpg

Also, I bought both my TP last month and sprayed with Apple Garde. I don't like the look of brand new vachetta, I like more of a patina. I sprayed both TP and have had them set by the window since I purchased (first week of July) and they still have a patina going. The contrast is larger in real life, but you can still see there's a color difference from my brand new Neverfull.

Last edited:
So for anyone who has the new DE, are the straps improved from when they were stiff and uncomfortable? The strap issue seems to be the big downside for the DE.

I have the new DE MM and the straps have not bothered me at all and I am very thin! I love how carefree the DE is! I store it stuffed and on its side to protect the handles. GLD!