Neverfull MM Decision - Epi vs. Mono?

Which Neverfull MM should I keep?

• Mono with Beige

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Epi Piment

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
This is my brand new neverfull GM monogram with the dark pink “peony” interior and I love it!the monogram really is the “classic” design for the neverfull, it matches with everything you wear and it’s perfect for everyday. I’ve seen the epi leather neverfull recently in store and I like it but I have so many contemporary designer leather totes so it makes me bored looking at it, it doesn’t scream Louis Vuitton” at me so I wouldn’t purchase it. Stick with the monogram, I promise you that you will adore every second of carrying that bag :smile:
View attachment 4189722

Where did you get lucky brought to score the mono?

Well, the decision may have been made for me... I just received the Epi Neverfull today and the glazing on the handles had melted and stuck to the side of the bag. :sad: It is a beautiful bag and the orange is really pretty, but now it has to go back. I'm so sad it was ruined! It was in an insulated pouch in the box, but it must not have worked. Fashionphile said they've had this problem before with shipping in the heat.
Thank you all for your help!

What color do you wear and what type of clothes or climate?

If you wear darker, heavier clothes I think mono would go with more.
If you wear lot of color and prints then Epi would be better.

I see the Orange didn’t work but I wouldn’t be sold on mono if it’s not going to go with your wardrobe.

Reactions: les_miz_fan
Go for the mono and don't worry about darkening vachetta, LV bags are meant to develop beautiful patina and that's just something you have to learn to love, otherwise you can never truly enjoy anything mono.

To me really darkened vachetta means the buyer is truly enjoying the handbag and have a carefree attitude about it.

Reactions: les_miz_fan
Thank you, @Grande Latte that's such a great perspective! That's part of why I gravitated towards pre-owned (beside the price of course)--I knew if I bought one new I'd be more obsessed with keeping it "perfect."

I'm keeping the monogram and excited to start enjoying it! :smile: Thanks everybody--the great reviews make me feel more confident that it's a good choice.

I may just have to start saving to make my second LV something in epi.... this must be how it starts! haha :biggrin:

I’D keep the epi, since its probably harder to find in the future & mono NF is everywhere, so wont be hard to buy in the future. I always wonder why the epi line is so underrated. Anyways, good luck deciding

Where did you get lucky brought to score the mono?

I was on a trip with my significant other in Budapest and I went to the Louis Vuitton store in “andraszy utca” which is at the city center, (it’s a street where they have the premier designer shops) and I went in and I asked the SA if they have the neverfull and they asked me which design I have my eye on and I said the monogram with the peony interior and the SA went in the back and he came out with it and said “a client ordered it but decided not to purchase it in the end so if you want it it’s all yours” and that’s when I payed immediately and I don’t regret my decision at all picking the monogram over damier ebene

I had both. Well, if you consider a neverfull in damier ebene as counting as a monogram. Notice the first sentence says "had". I loved my 2 epi neverfulls (fuchsia and rose ballerine). I loved that they didn't scream LV, but still looked classy. I could use them at work meetings and no one would know that I was using an LV. I got compliments on my epi neverfulls every time I used them.

Had to return both of them because of the glazing and melting on the straps. They were melting all over my clothes and sticking to my clothes. I was so upset because I really loved those epi neverfulls. I wanted to replace them with epi neverfulls, but the manager at my store said I was banned from purchasing any more because they would probably melt as well (I live in Hawaii. Humidity is just too much).

That being said, I love the epi neverfulls, but I tearfully must say that the monogram neverfull is a better bet because at least it won't melt. However, if you live in a cold climate, you might have a better chance with the epi.

I noticed that the epi you received had the melting issue. You have to be extra careful and study the straps in the pictures. Most times you will be able to tell if it is glazing or not.

Reactions: Fally420
Well, the decision may have been made for me... I just received the Epi Neverfull today and the glazing on the handles had melted and stuck to the side of the bag. :sad: It is a beautiful bag and the orange is really pretty, but now it has to go back. I'm so sad it was ruined! It was in an insulated pouch in the box, but it must not have worked. Fashionphile said they've had this problem before with shipping in the heat.
Thank you all for your help!

I had both. Well, if you consider a neverfull in damier ebene as counting as a monogram. Notice the first sentence says "had". I loved my 2 epi neverfulls (fuchsia and rose ballerine). I loved that they didn't scream LV, but still looked classy. I could use them at work meetings and no one would know that I was using an LV. I got compliments on my epi neverfulls every time I used them.

Had to return both of them because of the glazing and melting on the straps. They were melting all over my clothes and sticking to my clothes. I was so upset because I really loved those epi neverfulls. I wanted to replace them with epi neverfulls, but the manager at my store said I was banned from purchasing any more because they would probably melt as well (I live in Hawaii. Humidity is just too much).

That being said, I love the epi neverfulls, but I tearfully must say that the monogram neverfull is a better bet because at least it won't melt. However, if you live in a cold climate, you might have a better chance with the epi.

I noticed that the epi you received had the melting issue. You have to be extra careful and study the straps in the pictures. Most times you will be able to tell if it is glazing or not.

I had this issue with my Epi Neverfull after taking it to Asia on a holiday the glazing melted but I had the straps replaced for free even though I'd had the bag for over 2 years at the time when it occured. I would still pick Epi over canvas because it's leather, retains structure so no need for bag shapers/organisers and is discreet and is not as ubiquitous as the canvas versions.

Thanks, I think it melted on the trip over from Fashionphile.... the bag was hot when I took it out of the box and all the glazing was tacky before part of the glazing from the strap got stuck to the bag. The bad part is, I sent it back to Fashionphile and they posted it for sale again the day after they received it-- with the same, unmelted photos and price (no mention of the melting!) Even if they fixed it that quickly, I would think they need to take new photos.... hopefully they will make it right for the next owner!

I had this issue with my Epi Neverfull after taking it to Asia on a holiday the glazing melted but I had the straps replaced for free even though I'd had the bag for over 2 years at the time when it occured. I would still pick Epi over canvas because it's leather, retains structure so no need for bag shapers/organisers and is discreet and is not as ubiquitous as the canvas versions.

I loved the Epi bag...I'd like to try an Epi Neverfull again someday--but if I do, I will definitely buy new in case of these problems! I wonder if LV would repair a used bag with melted glazing? I wouldn't want to do anything unethical of course, but I just wonder how they would handle it.

Thanks for all the advice! I will say, after a week or two of using the mono NF, I LOVE it! It really is so easy to wear, holds so much, and hangs really nicely. Basically everything everybody said about it! :biggrin:

Last thursday I went to the LV store with my 4 year old epi NF because the glazing and handles were melting too! They ruined even my trenchcoat. I got a store credit without any problems, the SA even said that it is a known issue. I asked if they changed anything on the formula of the glazing but she didn't know, but said that if it happens again, I always can return it.
Now I am debating if I should try the epi NF again. I love it soo much because I love the epi leather. it is so classy and understated but has the special something because of the epi leather.
But reading that it depends on the store how LV manage this problem, i.e. just changing the handles ir full store credit, I don't know if that problem will occur again and if it occur again, do they take it back again so problem-free?