Neverfull MM Decision - Epi vs. Mono?

Which Neverfull MM should I keep?

• Mono with Beige

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Epi Piment

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
I would start with the mono as a first bag purchase &I agree with other forum members to invest in a brand new one. It is one of those bags where if you didn't love it (rare) you could pretty much get 90% of what you spent back. I've been using mines for 8 years the canvas has absolute no wear I've put it on the ground, smashed it with my feet on the airplane (yikes haha) but i did replace the handles it was so black from constant use. My absolute favorite bag. I can go on and on, on how great the neverfull mm is!!!!! :smile:

With the mono you do have to consider the patina and that it's will get stains if you wear it on rainy days.

If it wouldn't be orange, I would vote for epi. I love how understated it and the structure of the epi leather is just gorgeous.

I have a black epi NF and one in damier ebene. Love both!

With the mono you do have to consider the patina and that it's will get stains if you wear it on rainy days.

If it wouldn't be orange, I would vote for epi. I love how understated it and the structure of the epi leather is just gorgeous.

I have a black epi NF and one in damier ebene. Love both!

I am concerned about taking care of the vachetta... I think that's part of my hesitation. The mono is beautiful, but I'm worried about stains for sure! I try to take good care of my bags, but things always seem to happen (like when my husband's boss accidentally spilled a glass of red wine INTO my handbag at a work Christmas party :amazed:). I think I can make the orange work in my wardrobe...

Thank you all for the input! Still deciding, although it looks like mono is ahead in the poll. :biggrin: The epi arrives on Thursday, so I'm also going to try to wait to see what my gut reaction to it is too. I'll let y'all know what I decide!

Reactions: doni
I love Epi. But if there is a bag that does not become it in my view that’s the Neverfull. Epi is about adding structure. With the Neverfull, the whole point of this bag is that it is huge, and fits a lot, but feels light because it kind of hugs the body, it has a give and a evolving effect so that it is a tote that you can comfortably carry on the shoulder. In Epi it looses that I think, it becomes more like your old market basket/tote, more suited to be carried by hand or crook of the arm...

This is my brand new neverfull GM monogram with the dark pink “peony” interior and I love it!the monogram really is the “classic” design for the neverfull, it matches with everything you wear and it’s perfect for everyday. I’ve seen the epi leather neverfull recently in store and I like it but I have so many contemporary designer leather totes so it makes me bored looking at it, it doesn’t scream Louis Vuitton” at me so I wouldn’t purchase it. Stick with the monogram, I promise you that you will adore every second of carrying that bag :smile:
IMG_9429.jpg

I absolutely love Epi leather, but I concur with other posts that recommend you save it for a different bag. Epi leather is too heavy and structured for a large and supposedly lightweight tote. If you absolutely want a Neverfull, get it in monogram, but hopefully you can get an Epi leather bag in another style one day!

My dream bag in theory is the Neverfull MM in Epi Noir, but all the comments in this thread support my decision not to buy it. Epi is gorgeous but heavy, and doesn't mould to your body or the contents of the bag the way that the LV canvases do.

I really want a NF MM in DE with that amazing red interior... but that's only because I had a Mono NF and the handles became so dirty through constant daily use. That said, I love the look of the classic Mono Neverfull when I see it on someone else's shoulder.

Enjoy your bag whichever way you decide :smile:

Reactions: LouisVuitton4Me
Hm I have to say,that I never understand the comments that the epi leather is heavy. In my opinion there far more leather bags that are heavier.
In comparison to all my other leather bags the epi neverfull is the lightest.
That said, I think it depends on the weight you are used to and how you load up your bag. Therefore one should try it in the store.

Reactions: JA_UK
I would go for the mono, even tho I am not a fan of mono at all, huge love to epi and most of my Louis bags are epi, and also I know mono NF is super common, but I still vote for mono. Because It’s light, hard wearing, shape is more flexible than epi, and the color is easier to go with outfit IMO. I have a sunrise petite Noe, I believe it’s smaller than your NF, it’s already an attention grabbing(not always in a good way but I could care less coz it’s my favorite color and I am surrounded in a design environment, “shocking” appearance is our identity(jokes). However only you know your own situation better than anyone here, if you like the epi, rock it like nobody’s business!