Which Neverfull MM should I keep?

• Mono with Beige

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Epi Piment

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters

les_miz_fan

Sep 5, 2018
I've been reading this forum for a few months in preparation for buying my first LV--a Neverfull MM! I wouldn't normally make a new thread for my first post, but y'all have given a lot of good advice in other threads, and I need some help choosing between two different Neverfull MMs. (As a sidenote, I promise I won't claim to work for LV or insult everyone and storm off. :biggrin:)

I initially had mono in mind and bought one in great shape with beige interior on Fashionphile. It's from 2013, so has the old style lining (which I like) and no pouch. The vachetta has a nice patina and I'm really happy with the condition. But, I still haven't been able to pull the trigger by taking the tags off and using it yet...

THEN, I just found and ordered another 2013 Neverfull MM, this one in Epi Piment (orange) with pouch. It's about $300 more than the mono. It hasn't come yet, but pictures look great too.

I can only keep one and don't know which to choose! Either would be in budget. I want this to be my everyday bag. I had mono in mind initially, but am kind of worried about damaging the canvas/vachetta when I use it. I do love an orange bag, but I've read conflicting things here about whether the Epi will wear beautifully or could be susceptible to cracking... I feel like the mono is more classic, but the orange might last longer and be a little more unique.

Which do you think will wear better?
What would you choose?

Thanks in advance!!

I think the Epi Neverfull is beautiful! Having said that, I would choose Mono. Why? Because it’s not only beautiful, it’s so practical for everyday. It will wear much better imo. The Neverfull is one of those bags I would purchase new since I think you will get so much use out of it. Yea it’s super common, but I think there is a reason for that other than just the reasonable price.

How do you plan to use your new NF? Epi is a lot heavier than canvas and you will not be able to cinch the sides of the bag.

One vote for Mono.
Good point! I don’t plan to cinch since I feel like the mm is a good size for me already. I’m planning to use it as my primary purse and to hold baby/kid stuff as a post-diaper bag. Feeling the weight of the leather will probably help the decision too, since I haven’t seen it in person yet.

Another vote for mono. Mostly because it’s your first LV. I don’t personally own an epi neverfull but I do own the mono and I adore that bag. I thought about the epi back when I first started buying LV but my hubby thought it looked like it could pass for any other tote (just his opinion [emoji6]) the mono is such a classic bag. GLD