Neverfull GM DA or Mono?

I haven't tried them on yet, because the nearest LV is 2 1/2 hours away :sad:

I'm leaning towards the Azur because it's beautiful and I don't own a piece in the DA collection yet, but I'm super worried about getting it dirty if I use it on a daily basis. I have a two year old and I'm worried about her little baby hands getting a hold of it LOL

I have the Azur speedy 25. The canvas is easy to wipe clean if needed. Just be weary of colour transfer from jeans. Just to let you know, the GM is huge! The MM is a good size :smile:

The GM looks best in mono. If you want Azur, get the MM. It's just too much Azur on the GM.

I gotta say, that is probably a matter of opinion. I was in LV a couple of days ago looking at a DA GM, and I though it was fabulous! In my mind you can't have too much Azur :P

However, keep in mind, if you are going to use that DA as your everyday bag, and especially if you live in South TX, that patina is going to get pretty dark, pretty quick, and some people (myself included, again just a matter of opinion) do not like the darker patina on the DA.

When I get my DA, I plan to really baby her and not carry her that often to try to preserve the patina. The pics posted on this thread are pretty good examples in the variation of patina on the DA.....really good info to have.

If I was you, I personally would do what I did, and get the DE. I am loving it, it goes with lots of clothes, you do not have to worry about patina or color transfer or stains, and then maybe at a later time get a DA, to use as a more special occasion bag. You could get a neverfull in one of the sizes or even a speedy or another type of bag, because if it is not your everyday bag it would not need to be so big and practical. If not the DE for you everyday bag, then I am leaning towards the mono, based on what you have said about your lifestyle. Let us know what you get!

I really am not a huge fan of DA so I will recommend the Mono. Aside from my own personal reasons, I also think that for a bag like the NF which is really such a workhorse it is unwise to buy it in a pattern that will need upkeep and that you have to worry about it. While there is a minimal amount of vachetta on the Mono (the DE is really the most worry-free pattern), it can be put through a lot more stress and still look good than the DA. I would save your DA purchase for a different bag.

I agree with SophieChick, your bag will patina quicker with your heat in TX and unless you love a darker patina on DA you may want to reconsider.

If you wear dark colors you'll need to be careful. I had a totally in DA and got color transfer from my jeans and darker clothes. Luckily I noticed it right away and was able to remove it but that's something I'll consider if/when I go to buy another DA piece.

One last thing is the interior, it's pretty light isn't it? Although the bonus would be that you'd be able to find your things quickly!

I do like the look and idea of the DA but I'd say either mono or DE.. Let us know what you decide!

I would definitely suggest mono over DA, just because the possibility of color transfer on the canvas is quite likely with DA. And color transfer is permanent, unfortunately. Mono would be a lot safer in that regard.

I own 2 DA (speedy 30 & NF GM) and I live in ST. Yes, it gets pretty hot here and we have long summer but unless your sunbathing your vachetta it should be fine. Mine are still pretty light :smile: Also in concern with the size, it really is a matter of preference. For an everyday tote I would go with MM but if you like the cinched look go for the GM.
I use mine cinched and un-cinched for over night or travel bag. GL!

I would definitely suggest mono over DA, just because the possibility of color transfer on the canvas is quite likely with DA. And color transfer is permanent, unfortunately. Mono would be a lot safer in that regard.

Now I have a question about that. I don't think it is OT either since the OP is considering a DA, and being a busy mom, she has a good chance of running into it as an issue and should know what the risks are for ruining the bag.

Is color transfer on a DA always permenant? I have read multiple instances on here where people say they noticed a color transfer quickly on their DA, and that it actually came off with baby wipes, or a wet washcloth etc. So does it just really depend on what the color transfer is, or if you get to any color transfer early enough on the DA, will it come off?

Over on the Coach forum, there has been extensive discussion about this, and with Coach bags, it is often the patent bags that get color transfer, and when that happens, no matter how early you catch it, that bag is *done* ruined. It seems like the color almost gets in between the bag and the patent coating, and it is locked in.

But is the DA being coated canvas is a different animal? Will vigilance and checking the bag, catching it early really stop a color transfer from occuring? I have had a bag ruined by color transfer, but it was not a real designer bag, and it was patent, as mentioned above. After that though, I am careful with all my bags, even my parchment leather Sophia, she is not patent, but is the purest white.....do not want her ruined.

Thank you everyone for the input! Based on what everyone has said, right now I'm thinking that if I do go with the DA, I will most likely get the MM instead of the GM. If I go with the mono, then I will get the GM.

I was planning on having this bag as an everyday "go to" but if I go with the DA it will be for certain days when I can make sure it's taken care of.

I guess I will need to wait until I make it to LV to try them on in person before I buy. Hoping this will be soon, because I'm definitely getting anxious LOL

Thanks for the input!! I live in South Texas where it's super hot 95% of the time, so I guess I could use the DA a whole lot. But you're right about mono being more practical for day to day. I'm worried the DA would get dirty quickly if I use it on a daily basis.

You could definitely get away with the azur as an everyday bag in Texas

Now I have a question about that. I don't think it is OT either since the OP is considering a DA, and being a busy mom, she has a good chance of running into it as an issue and should know what the risks are for ruining the bag.

Is color transfer on a DA always permenant? I have read multiple instances on here where people say they noticed a color transfer quickly on their DA, and that it actually came off with baby wipes, or a wet washcloth etc. So does it just really depend on what the color transfer is, or if you get to any color transfer early enough on the DA, will it come off?

Over on the Coach forum, there has been extensive discussion about this, and with Coach bags, it is often the patent bags that get color transfer, and when that happens, no matter how early you catch it, that bag is *done* ruined. It seems like the color almost gets in between the bag and the patent coating, and it is locked in.

But is the DA being coated canvas is a different animal? Will vigilance and checking the bag, catching it early really stop a color transfer from occuring? I have had a bag ruined by color transfer, but it was not a real designer bag, and it was patent, as mentioned above. After that though, I am careful with all my bags, even my parchment leather Sophia, she is not patent, but is the purest white.....do not want her ruined.

If color transfer is not always permanent then that's great news for those who own it. So far what I've heard is that people cannot remove it. Perhaps it depends on the type of dye in their clothes. In fact, most of the posts I've read regarding permanent color transfer are in regards to rub-off from jeans. That seems to be permanent. Which is unfortunate because DA looks great with jeans.
I don't own any light colored bags, so for the most part I don't have to worry about color transfer except on the vachetta on my mono bags. An eraser takes care of most of it, so it's fine. But I would say that the lighter color a bag is, the more careful one should be with it. Just to be on the safe side.