Neverfull discontinued?

I get that their intention is to drive up demand and it will be interesting to see if they are able to achieve that result with this tactic. Obviously it's not about money since they certainly aren't financially hurting right now :P

A Hermes bag is a different beast altogether, and most people put a lot of time and planning into getting one as it's not really a "starter" luxury bag like the Neverfull tends to be (as with many of the LV canvas bags).

Neverfull is a strange choice for this tactic since so many people already have them, secondhand market is flush with inventory (for now). I personally don't play games like this for a handbag as it's a huge turnoff. I'll just go find something else I can have without the wait. I'm sure there are others like me who prefer instant gratification.

For those who turn up wanting one sooner than 2 - 3 months from now they will either choose a different canvas style/brand or find one elsewhere. I can't imagine someone wanting a Neverfull and walking out with a Capuchines or some other leather bag. Like going to the store because you want apples and leaving with onions.
Agree. I won’t wait months for a Neverfull, or probably any bag for that matter. Fashionphile is about to explode.

Exactly. I heard it from a YouTuber whose mom works at the London flagship store. Hermès made them delete the video quickly though, but the truth was spilled already.
And if a new big spender VIP lands on Hermes doorstep, *magically* a 35CM croc birkin appears to lure them in. I have witnessed this tactic firsthand at Rodeo.

A user on the LV Reddit page posted their conversation with their CA where the CA confirmed that neverfulls will be waitlist only.
Interesting move by LV - I’m sure it will only be a matter of time before the speedy goes the same way
I don't think the Speedy will go away. Too many iterations and been around since 1930.

I don’t like this at all. I wish LV would embrace their timeless pieces instead of trying to push all the new bags they put out there. The new bags feel like fast fashion to me. I don’t like them - leather or not. If I want a leather bag, I go to Bottega or Loewe. To me, LV is going through an identity crisis and it turns me off to their brand. There is no consistency in the new bags they churn out every year and they are downplaying their timeless beautiful pieces that their clients love. It feels as though they are out of touch with their history/heritage and all they care about it trying to keep up with Chanel and Hermes.
@Tahoe10 you nailed it! And so did @BULL. I am one who fell in love with LV for their canvas. And although I ended up adding leather purses to my collection, I ended up selling them except my Alma in monogram vernis and replaced them with Hermes leather bags.
As I think @Aliluvlv posted, I went nuts during Covid:lol: and purchased many canvas bags, one of which was the Neverfull MM in Mongogram. Thank God that I did:heart:. I am very content with my collection and there is nothing else I want (except a $60K trunk which will probably never happen) but I do have a son who loves LV and the DG print, he has a few more things he wants so I will tell him to hurry up with his collection lol.

@Tahoe10 you nailed it! And so did @BULL. I am one who fell in love with LV for their canvas. And although I ended up adding leather purses to my collection, I ended up selling them except my Alma in monogram vernis and replaced them with Hermes leather bags.
As I think @Aliluvlv posted, I went nuts during Covid:lol: and purchased many canvas bags, one of which was the Neverfull MM in Mongogram. Thank God that I did:heart:. I am very content with my collection and there is nothing else I want (except a $60K trunk which will probably never happen) but I do have a son who loves LV and the DG print, he has a few more things he wants so I will tell him to hurry up with his collection lol.
I’m a canvas gal too. I just decided that if I must have a canvas Neverfull I’ll get a My World Tour with one little sticker and I can get black leather vs. vachetta.

I’m a canvas gal too. I just decided that if I must have a canvas Neverfull I’ll get a My World Tour with one little sticker and I can get black leather vs. vachetta.
Yes! Do it! I’m so glad that’s the one Neverfull I own. When I heard they were coming out with the MWTNFs I spent months speculating on what the tag options might be and then finally picking them and designing my bag with the noir trim. Then once I got it I wore it almost exclusively for a whole year (granted I only had my DE speedy B 25 at the time to alternate with, but still). :lol: You’ll love it!

I was in store today to pick up my Speedy Monoglam and Pacific Chill perfume. I was talking to my CA and the manager. Canvas NFs can only be purchased in store and there's a 2-3 month waitlist. It is not being discontinued. They want to make canvas more exclusive. They are testing the waters with the NF. If this approach drives up sales eventually all canvas bags will go this route.
So they are trying to go the Hermes route of exclusivity. If they are going the exclusivity route to create demand, why test it on their most popular bag that has already oversaturated the market and is most counterfeited? lolol That said, I love my neverfull GM for work. If I have to replace my work tote, I will shop elsewhere to get an immediate replacement. I can't wait 2-3 months for a work bag. LV will lose sales if every canvas piece eventually becomes a special order. If they are following the Hermes route, then they may eventually only allow certain people to put in a canvas order if they have met their buying minimum threshold for other leather items and SLGs first.

So they are trying to go the Hermes route of exclusivity. If they are going the exclusivity route to create demand, why test it on their most popular bag that has already oversaturated the market and is most counterfeited? lolol That said, I love my neverfull GM for work. If I have to replace my work tote, I will shop elsewhere to get an immediate replacement. I can't wait 2-3 months for a work bag. LV will lose sales if every canvas piece eventually becomes a special order. If they are following the Hermes route, then they may eventually only allow certain people to put in a canvas order if they have met their buying minimum threshold for other leather items and SLGs first.
This is exactly it. Eventually only certain clients will be able to get canvas bags after a minimum spend. You are the big winner. :smile:

Yes! Do it! I’m so glad that’s the one Neverfull I own. When I heard they were coming out with the MWTNFs I spent months speculating on what the tag options might be and then finally picking them and designing my bag with the noir trim. Then once I got it I wore it almost exclusively for a whole year (granted I only had my DE speedy B 25 at the time to alternate with, but still). :lol: You’ll love it!
I think I’m going to do it!