Neverfull discontinued?

They started this rumour to pump up demand. They already had a classic Monogram online campaign this year, they just want to drive up easy sales again, and a rumour like this will make regular customers fear and buy quickly. All the Fomo you feel is a win for them.
And as @Mosman said, if they go through with it, it is only for pressuring the wealthy tourists to opt for a readily available and more expensive leather bag, since they cannot wait a week or two in Paria/London/Venice etc… but you can buy one at your store if you want.
I remember when the Ebene and Azur Pochette Accessoires were about to be discontinued, I signed up for the Azur waitlist. They told me 6 months. Never got a call. The bag is gone now.
I guess the Neverfull tactic will be different. It is literally their best selling bag. Would be VERY risky to phase them out and later trying to replace them with a different, more expensive design. They introduced a few other totes since 2007, none of them had this simple magic. I don’t see them taking this risk. They just want money before the fiscal quarter ends :smile:

They started this rumour to pump up demand. They already had a classic Monogram online campaign this year, they just want to drive up easy sales again, and a rumour like this will make regular customers fear and buy quickly. All the Fomo you feel is a win for them.
And as @Mosman said, if they go through with it, it is only for pressuring the wealthy tourists to opt for a readily available and more expensive leather bag, since they cannot wait a week or two in Paria/London/Venice etc… but you can buy one at your store if you want.
I remember when the Ebene and Azur Pochette Accessoires were about to be discontinued, I signed up for the Azur waitlist. They told me 6 months. Never got a call. The bag is gone now.
I guess the Neverfull tactic will be different. It is literally their best selling bag. Would be VERY risky to phase them out and later trying to replace them with a different, more expensive design. They introduced a few other totes since 2007, none of them had this simple magic. I don’t see them taking this risk. They just want money before the fiscal quarter ends :smile:
@BULL ….this! They will benefit from the FOMO! I never wanted a canvas Neverfull but then the teeny bit of FOMO crept in. So, I’m torn….. It is such a great bag, and it would be foolish to d/c it IMO.

I was in store today to pick up my Speedy Monoglam and Pacific Chill perfume. I was talking to my CA and the manager. Canvas NFs can only be purchased in store and there's a 2-3 month waitlist. It is not being discontinued. They want to make canvas more exclusive. They are testing the waters with the NF. If this approach drives up sales eventually all canvas bags will go this route.

I was in store today to pick up my Speedy Monoglam and Pacific Chill perfume. I was talking to my CA and the manager. Canvas NFs can only be purchased in store and there's a 2-3 month waitlist. It is not being discontinued. They want to make canvas more exclusive. They are testing the waters with the NF. If this approach drives up sales eventually all canvas bags will go this route.

I don’t like this at all. I wish LV would embrace their timeless pieces instead of trying to push all the new bags they put out there. The new bags feel like fast fashion to me. I don’t like them - leather or not. If I want a leather bag, I go to Bottega or Loewe. To me, LV is going through an identity crisis and it turns me off to their brand. There is no consistency in the new bags they churn out every year and they are downplaying their timeless beautiful pieces that their clients love. It feels as though they are out of touch with their history/heritage and all they care about it trying to keep up with Chanel and Hermes.

I don’t like this at all. I wish LV would embrace their timeless pieces instead of trying to push all the new bags they put out there. The new bags feel like fast fashion to me. I don’t like them - leather or not. If I want a leather bag, I go to Bottega or Loewe. To me, LV is going through an identity crisis and it turns me off to their brand. There is no consistency in the new bags they churn out every year and they are downplaying their timeless beautiful pieces that their clients love. It feels as though they are out of touch with their history/heritage and all they care about it trying to keep up with Chanel and Hermes.
Amen!

But it’s been a day since the rumor of the “exclusive channel of purchasing” NF but it’s still readily available online in my region… so, I’m a bit confused… it’s only happening in some countries only? Or they are going to drive sales towards online instead? However I did notice that they removed the “check availability in store” option for the canvas NF… monoglam NF still have the option to check availability in stores.

Reactions: brnicutie

I honestly don’t see this driving up sales for anyone except resellers like Fashionphile. Or it will divert people to other bags (Graceful? NeoNoe?) or even other brands. But I could be totally wrong. It will be interesting to see how this will play out for them.

Last edited: