Neverfull discontinued?

Well, my FOMO has kicked in and now I feel a burning desire for another Neverfull (have one in DA, want one in DE).

For fun I tried chatting with CS and they redirected me to go put my name on a waitlist in a store. :blah:

I sent a text to my SA. If she can't get me one this week then I have a few on my watch list on Fashionphile and will go that route.

So strange that LV doesn't want our money and is happy to have us give it to resellers instead. :rolleyes:

Well, my FOMO has kicked in and now I feel a burning desire for another Neverfull (have one in DA, want one in DE).

For fun I tried chatting with CS and they redirected me to go put my name on a waitlist in a store. :blah:

I sent a text to my SA. If she can't get me one this week then I have a few on my watch list on Fashionphile and will go that route.

So strange that LV doesn't want our money and is happy to have us give it to resellers instead. :rolleyes:
It seems like such a strange pick for a bag to be waitlisted like this. I’m getting FOMO and I have a mono NF MM but I feel like maybe I need different color interiors now, ugh! I don’t like they are making people do so much work to get this bag. Like you said there are always people looking to buy the NF and now they make it difficult to do so? Doesn’t make sense and why limit the sales when people are so eager to buy it. Very strange business strategy…

It seems like such a strange pick for a bag to be waitlisted like this. I’m getting FOMO and I have a mono NF MM but I feel like maybe I need different color interiors now, ugh! I don’t like they are making people do so much work to get this bag. Like you said there are always people looking to buy the NF and now they make it difficult to do so? Doesn’t make sense and why limit the sales when people are so eager to buy it. Very strange business strategy…

It's funny... I have had my Neverfull for a few years and rarely carry it. I've been dedicated to tiny bags for a while. Took the Neverfull out the other day and was like whoa! Look at all the room for stuff! I missed carrying stuff! So along with the Neverfull not being accessible... Suddenly I feel like I need a bigger bag now :lol:

I have a Graceful but low key hate that bag. If I can't get the Neverfull I want then maybe I will go cheap and get a Rothy's tote instead. At least I can throw that in the wash/not worry about it. And they'll be happy to take my money.

It's funny... I have had my Neverfull for a few years and rarely carry it. I've been dedicated to tiny bags for a while. Took the Neverfull out the other day and was like whoa! Look at all the room for stuff! I missed carrying stuff! So along with the Neverfull not being accessible... Suddenly I feel like I need a bigger bag now :lol:

I have a Graceful but low key hate that bag. If I can't get the Neverfull I want then maybe I will go cheap and get a Rothy's tote instead. At least I can throw that in the wash/not worry about it. And they'll be happy to take my money.
Same! I rarely use my mono NF and sort of regretted buying the denim NF but use it since it’s such an easy bag. I had the graceful pm and sold it. What didn’t you like about it? I cant wait to see how much the resellers are going to increase the NF prices now.

Reactions: Aliluvlv
Same! I rarely use my mono NF and sort of regretted buying the denim NF but use it since it’s such an easy bag. I had the graceful pm and sold it. What didn’t you like about it? I cant wait to see how much the resellers are going to increase the NF prices now.

I can't pinpoint what it is I don't like about the Graceful. Some combination of the way it looks, feels when carrying, difficulty in getting my stuff in the bag... I know people love it and I like how it looks on others but it just doesn't work for me.

My SA text back that the waitlist is 2 - 3 months for the Neverfull. Sounds like this is the standard script. Guess I will be buying from Fashionphile!

I can't pinpoint what it is I don't like about the Graceful. Some combination of the way it looks, feels when carrying, difficulty in getting my stuff in the bag... I know people love it and I like how it looks on others but it just doesn't work for me.

My SA text back that the waitlist is 2 - 3 months for the Neverfull. Sounds like this is the standard script. Guess I will be buying from Fashionphile!
Wow! That is a ridiculous wait time. I should text mine just to see if she says the same thing!

Reactions: Aliluvlv
It's not a script. This is the direction the company is heading in when it comes to canvas. If anyone has any canvas bags on their radar they should pick it up soon.

I think I mean "script" as in LV corporate says this is the standard response you give when someone asks for a Neverfull. All inquiries are met with the same identical response.

I get that it seems they are testing the procedure to see if they want to apply it to other canvas bags. Regardless of their intention or plan, I find the tactic to be very off-putting and it certainly hasn't made me want to buy some other LV bag (canvas or leather).

At any rate, I am not about to wait around for them to decide when I can have the bag. I just purchased one via Fashionphile and it will be here by the end of the week :happydance:

The neverfull was the LAST bag I purchased from LV. The first in 2009 and the second in 2013.* They have both been workhorses and honestly, I love them to death. I put them away for a while and either used a waterproof backpack or a Goyard St. Louis for plane/bus/walking commuting. After this discussion, I pulled out my 2009 monogram bag and will be using it for an upcoming trip to London. I'll use something smaller for walking around, but for the plane, it's amazing and since I don't baby my bag, it's fine on the floor or wherever. I don't think of it as a gateway bag, I think of it as a bag that stores pretty much everything and can take a beating and still look good. I'm sorry to see LVMH go this way, but I guess they answer to their investors etc.

*I have purchased numerous small leather goods, but no bags since 2013.

Exactly. They are workhorse bags. I got my NF MM in de in 2011 and it still looks great. I don't baby my bags either. I don't remember when I got my other NFs, but they also still look really good. I have used all of them regularly over many years.

I prefer the canvas. I have no interest in purchasing leather. Too heavy for me. What leather I already have in other brands, I rarely carry. LV was my preferred brand because of the lightweight canvas.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out. The constant price increases, quality issues and now scarcity of favorite products doesn't seem like a winning strategy to me, but I guess we'll see. :girlsigh:

I think I mean "script" as in LV corporate says this is the standard response you give when someone asks for a Neverfull. All inquiries are met with the same identical response.

I get that it seems they are testing the procedure to see if they want to apply it to other canvas bags. Regardless of their intention or plan, I find the tactic to be very off-putting and it certainly hasn't made me want to buy some other LV bag (canvas or leather).

At any rate, I am not about to wait around for them to decide when I can have the bag. I just purchased one via Fashionphile and it will be here by the end of the week :happydance:
Did you get it in DE? I'm happy you found one that you liked on Fashionphile. :love:

• Love
Reactions: PrayersandPurses
I guess what happened to me, more or less is the same with everyone here. I have stopped using neverfull but have to admit that neverfull is so easy to use and just ridiculous to be on the wait list to get it. You’ll never know when you need it urgently for travel or bring more stuff to work. Anyway.. I know this is FOMO, but I promise I will keep my neverfull forever. I have been eyeing for pivoine lining since all my neverfull lining was in red. I bought it yesterday considering price increase is just around the corner. I am at LV purse peace now. :graucho:
01E1FD7B-3BCE-4434-BC10-8A7ED9DEE132.png

I did! With Rose Ballerine interior. Fashionphile didn't have a lot of DE with RB interior so I'm glad I didn't wait longer.

I heard a price increase is coming so it will be interesting to see how that will impact the reseller market for these.
Congrats! You picked it up at the right time. I can't wait to see your bag. :smile: I'm sure it's gorgeous.