Neiman Marcus in Dallas accepts returns of gently used Chanel handbags without tags?

^I don't agree. I've returned 2 bags to Chanel in my lifetime. I had made rash decisions and got home and was mad at myself for settling on bags I knew weren't right. I never used them, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to return them IMO.

I definitely understand that, for sure! a lot of people make that mistake regardless of what they buy. I just feel that getting a chanel bag is such an investment to some people that it almost seems like common sense to actually really think about it before buying. I do agree with the fact that sometimes you'll settle for something that isn't right and then kick yourself in the butt. I guess the feeling of it as a person who is receiving a 'used' item I will not change my opinion on that but I definitely get where you are going with purchasing an item and wondering 'why did I settle for something I wasn't 100% into???'

Right. It's about people abusing the system or outright wearing the item and returning it, not the honest person who may need to return something every once in a while and does so with the item in perfect as they received it condition.

This is one of the reasons I love Hirsh. I know the exchange/credit only policy is harsh to some but it really cuts down on this type of thing. My bag comes in from Chanel, I received it untouched except by the SA wrapping it up for pickup or shipment.

Returning an expensive bag is horrid if you have used it .

I have a shocking story about a nano celine ORANGE that I spotted at A Nordstrom that doesn't carry Celine . I bought a Chloe bag At the time , But in bantering with the SA , he told me he has seen that celine 4 times going thru there store and he last saw it sold to somebody in Hawaii . Four times returned is USED !!
That is funny, I had a sort of similar experience at Bloomies. I asked about their Tory Burch section and the SA said we don't carry Tory bags in this store what you see are ALL returns. I thought it was an odd looking rather sad little section of bags.

That is funny, I had a sort of similar experience at Bloomies. I asked about their Tory Burch section and the SA said we don't carry Tory bags in this store what you see are ALL returns. I thought it was an odd looking rather sad little section of bags.

Its really sad . Makes me nervous to purchase classic styles that are only one left .

In Canada we only get store credits within the 14 days exchange period. Makes me wonder now as I have bought 2 bags that were displays. what if they were actually returns? i probably wouldn't know if it was used esp. if the person was careful enough. :faint:

If you read threads here you will find so, so many of these kinds of things, with them saying they only wore it out once or twice, and if caught then they will sometimes backtrack and say they meant they just "tried it on" once, ....

Tutu, I guess u have been here long enough to see many of these instances.

Do u remember one recent case, also a TPFer with a Easy Caviar Jumbo Black? She said that she wore it out once initially. Then when she said she thought of returning it to Saks, you reminded her that she had already used the bag. She then tried to change her story by saying she meant that she only tried it on.

Since i had made it quite well-known on the forum that i was looking for the easy caviar jumbo, the TPFer actually pm'd me and asked me if I wanted to buy the bag from her and she said that the bag is very new because she only wore it out once. Thus, I was very surprised when she changed her story with you.

In that TPFer's case, we do not know what she did subsequently, whether she kept the bag, or sold to another TPFer through pm, or returned it to Saks since she did not update us.

But the case which this thread is initally about, it is the TPFer herself who posted the info.

In Canada we only get store credits within the 14 days exchange period. Makes me wonder now as I have bought 2 bags that were displays. what if they were actually returns? i probably wouldn't know if it was used esp. if the person was careful enough. :faint:

The WOC I just bought was also the last in the store (though it was in a box, not on display) but also didn't have a tag or anything attached to it. I never remember to ask if a bag is new when I purchase (too much excitement) . Now I have to go and inspect it :smile:

I've have received both good and bad bags from most stores- Chanel, Nordies, BG, NM, Saks and Hirsh. I dont think there is one store that has a perfect system. This cycle is bound to happen as long as there are people who will be willing to do it.

Right. It's about people abusing the system or outright wearing the item and returning it, not the honest person who may need to return something every once in a while and does so with the item in perfect as they received it condition.

This is one of the reasons I love Hirsh. I know the exchange/credit only policy is harsh to some but it really cuts down on this type of thing. My bag comes in from Chanel, I received it untouched except by the SA wrapping it up for pickup or shipment.

I never had a bad experience with Hirch probably bc of their return policy. It makes you think before you buy, and when I place an order, it's for an item I know for sure I want.

I bought an item from an upscale online retailer with a strict tags on return policy and when the bag arrived it looked used and the tag was, let's just call it, suspiciously attached. So, it can happen anywhere. And, yes, I returned it immediately.

At my Chanel boutique you have 14 days to return the item and you only get a store credit. I think that helps but not much, which is why i look the bag over at the store for signs of wear and/or any defects before purchasing. I purchased a Fuchsia Jumbo last week and returned it because i felt the bag looked big on my frame. When i returned it back to Chanel, my SA happened to have the Fuchsia in medium. I kinda feel the bag was worn because the second flap show sign of the chain rubbing against the flap. Or it could be that the person(s) who tried it could not take the time to open the flap and then pull the chain. But i do love the bag so i am going to give it extra TLC and hopefully the marks will fade.

I am in the middle on this issue about limiting the amount of time of returns. I think Chanel should have two tags on the bag, and one can be clearly visible. If the bag looks worn and/or if someone removes the tags then the return can be denied. But i think the reason why Chanel will not do it is because Chanel does not want their customers to have a negative experience. Or impact a customer that purchases multiple items from them

I'm shocked to learn that Chanel bags can be returned without the tags attached. I had NO idea this was going on. I was under the impression the the tags HAD to be intact on the strap. Unbelievable!

In Australia the tags are automatically taken off when the item is purchased. Maybe they don't mind the items being used just so long as it is in saleable condition.

I agree with jashie - I think like any other store, Chanel want their customers to be able to purchase items on impulse without having to worry about whether or not they will be able to exchange their items if they change their mind.