Need UNBIASED OPINIONS here puh-lease!!

give me your opinion

• keep coach bag/wallet, it's nice to have a change from lv once in a while

• return the coach, get an lv

• stop posting polls!! hehe - ok you better not pick this one!! ;P

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the Carly is a really cute bag...BUT...if the strap keeps falling then it may not be meant to be. As for the wallet, it depends. If you will use it a lot and don't mind mixing brands/patterns, keep it. But it won't hold value like an LV (then again, it won't set you back as much $$$ either!). I am really bothered by how Coach is devaluing their own items now by pushing everything through the stores and to the outlets so quickly, so I am moving on for a while.

I would return the Carly since it keeps falling off of your shoulder. I would definitely keep the wallet, it's really cute and LE! Then I would either get the bag in your sig or something from the Epi line ... like the Madeleine...

I definitely agree with princess_eab. LV is a classic. An LV is an LV. Its an investment. Besides LV has a higher resale value than Coach if just in case someday you might want to trade or sell it. LV stands the test of time, i would gladly hand it down to my future daughter than any other bags in my closet.

Return the Coach and buy LV. Personally, I will not spend hundreds or thousands on a bag made in China. But if you really love the Coach in your sig. then get that. My first choice would be for you to get a Mono Speedy 30 or 35. Timeless and tons of room.:smile:

I used to have LVs in mono, batignolles, speedy 30/35/40, alma. noe and petit noe because Im so scared of trying a different LV line. When my husband gave me a Multicolor Speedy 30, it changed my outlook on the other LV lines. I sold almost all my monos and shifted to Multicolor. Try it out girl, i'm sure you'll love the new adventure. Good luck.:smile:

Hmmm if you really think you won't use the Carly, I would take her back/sell it. But don't go spending the money at LV just because you have to...wait until you see something you want. It sounds like you don't know what you want at LV so don't make a buy right away just because you have the money.
I would wait until you see a bag, at LV or any other place, and spend the money then and get a back you really want and will use.

im with her on this one :yes: and hopefully the new bag you eventually get is an LV ;)

I got that same Carly when they came out a little over a year ago. I loved it, but rotate my bags so I only carried it a couple times.

Anyhow, about 6 months later, I started seeing EVERYONE carrying it, so I sold it on the Bay. I don't like to have what everyone has .

I love my LV Papillon 30 and use that for date night etc. , but mostly tote stuff around in my globe shopper from 2006 or for the gym I use a Coach stripe tote, cause I don't care what happens to that.

I say return the Carly for something you are dying to have. Maybe the one in your sig??? I have NEVER seen anyone with that bag.
Get what you REALLY want, or else you will end up buying it anyway and spending more money!

I totally understand your situation. I presently have my identical Carly bag listed on ebay for the very same reasons! It's hard to keep on your shoulder, not to mention it's really heavy if you carry anything at all in it. Everytime I carried it, I had to go to the massotherapist for a neck adjustment! (no kidding)

Two weeks ago I went to LV to purchase a zippy wallet and came out with a Tivoli GM. It was love at first sight! I decided I would keep my Coach wallet in the signature khaki/vachetta slim envelope until a later date.

I made up my mind that my Coach collection needed to be thinned out as too many of them weren't ever being used. I told DH that I am going to elaborate on my LV collection as I'm overwhelmed by all of the Coach bags.... Shockinly, he agreed (must not realize how he has sealed his fate!)! lol It was then that he told me that there are too many Coach bags out there and HE was tired of seeing them! Whether they were real or fakes - everyone has them! That's something, coming from a man...

After about two days with my Tivoli I had a case of Buyer's Remorse & decided to return it and go back to my original decision on the zippy mono wallet. I went back into LV and decided to "look around".. The SA told me that my Tivoli GM was on a waitlist and someone would be happy to hear I didn't want it.... THAT CURED MY REMORSE! I kept the bag and bought the zippy wallet.

Here's my opinion, Coach bags are a dime a dozen and it drives me crazy that so many young kids are carrying them around. They're put on sale or sent to the outlets faster than you blink and then you're carrying around "yesterday's bag" before you know it. If you want a bag that will be a classic for years to come then go with a LV. If you don't care for any of the new styles, I'm sure one will come out soon, just wait it out.

I live in a very small town and there are hardly anyone carries LV's (especially authentics, if you know what I mean?) It makes me feel good that I have something different than everyone else. I was tired of seeing high school girls carrying the same Coach that I had. So, I am going to continue to invest in LV's. I now have five LV bags and use them more than I used all of the Coach's combined.

I'd keep that wallet though, it's HOT! It'll go with any bag. Unfortunatly, the only time anyone sees the wallet is when it's out of your bag - the bag is what people really see!

Good luck!

I think the wallet is really cute. I had the large Carly, but sold it because of the sholder strap always causing me problems. I had the large one and I could never find things. It was like looking for things in a black hole. I got the carly when they first came out and now I see so many real and fake that I have no interest in having one. I just put myslef on the waitlist for a Tivoli GM today. I say keep the wallet and return the bag for an LV.

I would return the coach bag if I didn't like it period. Don't force yourself to get another LV if that's not what you want. I say, save the money after you return it and wait until you see something you really like. Oh, yeah I would keep the wallet, it's really cute :smile: