Need to vent...

Serina

Handbags and Horses
Jul 4, 2009
Yesterday my friend asked me to join a danceclass with her. I told her I cant because my riding lessons are too expencive for me to pay for dancelessons right now.

She told me I can just sell one of my bags...:wtf:

Now; I get that she doesnt share my interest in expencive purses but still, I hate that she thinks I can part with them as if they were money. She said it in a joking way but I know deep down she thinks I should.

for a comment like that, i wouldn't spend any more time thinking about it or reading into her comment. just let it roll like water off a duck's back.

Yea... Im not getting mad at her for it. I just got a bit peeved at the comment. I told her: Sorry. the riding is all I can manage financially. And I cant sell my bags... because I need them. Case Closed!;)

You should not feel bad about it. People have different prioroties. For example, I like bags, clothes and travelling. I do not really care about tehnics or new cars. You know what makes you happy and that is the most important thing. I would not buy LV bags if I would have to make a lot of sacrifice because first of all, I want a decent life for me and my family (bags are sometimes unnecessery luxury because people tend to put social status or looks as a priority). So, if you feel like you want to go on trips, in gym and you do not have money for essentials because of the LV bags, than I would suggest you not to buy any more bags until your situation is better. But if it is just a hobby to you and you can afford it, no one should tell you how are you going to spend your money.

You should not feel bad about it. People have different prioroties. For example, I like bags, clothes and travelling. I do not really care about tehnics or new cars. You know what makes you happy and that is the most important thing. I would not buy LV bags if I would have to make a lot of sacrifice because first of all, I want a decent life for me and my family (bags are sometimes unnecessery luxury because people tend to put social status or looks as a priority). So, if you feel like you want to go on trips, in gym and you do not have money for essentials because of the LV bags, than I would suggest you not to buy any more bags until your situation is better. But if it is just a hobby to you and you can afford it, no one should tell you how are you going to spend your money.

ITA; My priorities with disposeble cash is: Riding, bags, clothes. I dont judge people who prioritize differently, and I feel like: If I want to blow my budget on an LV and not afford real food for a week its my choice (its totally worth it when the week is over) Nobody can tell me its wrong because its a personal priority.

ITA; My priorities with disposeble cash is: Riding, bags, clothes. I dont judge people who prioritize differently, and I feel like: If I want to blow my bedget on an LV and not afford real food for a week its my choice (its totally worth it when the week is over) Nobody can tell me its wrong because its a personal priority.

I think starving for clothes is silly but I would never say that to someone I am not really close to. Sometimes, it becomes someones opssesion and a disease (like drug addiction or anorexy). If, for example my mother, is in a deep debt and she could loose her house, she has nothing to eat, I would intervent because that has nothing to do with personal choice more. She would be sick and in need for a psyhiatric help. I remeber one women in this forum saying that she and her husband have lost their home and husband is working 2 jobs (she is a stay at home wife). She was pregnant and she still purchassed an LV bag (even though they really did not have money and that was her husbands money). For me, a bag (Birkin, LV, what ever) should not be priority above your mother, husband, child, frend, food, place to stay. It is just a nice thing that does not make people really happy. Those simple things like family are much more important. But, like I said, it is just my opinion and I can say it on this forum but if we were talking about this in RL, I would probably say nothing because it is not my buisness. I do not think you would really be hungry because of the bag, it is just an extreme example :biggrin:

I think your friend is not a good friend because it looks like she wanted to upset you with that comment. I have friends like that. I am skinny so they would sugest me to eat something because I look sick, and that was not the truth because I am naturally skinny. They would comment about my bags too, but honestly, I do not care because I am happy with who I am and I know I can afford an LV bag here and there without making a big effort.

Dont mind it. She sure just wish the best for you. I only have to bags from lv but they mean so much to me. We share lots of memories and both was gifts from my man. He is big part of my Louis addiction

I think starving for clothes is silly but I would never say that to someone I am not really close to. Sometimes, it becomes someones opssesion and a disease (like drug addiction or anorexy). If, for example my mother, is in a deep debt and she could loose her house, she has nothing to eat, I would intervent because that has nothing to do with personal choice more. She would be sick and in need for a psyhiatric help. I remeber one women in this forum saying that she and her husband have lost their home and husband is working 2 jobs (she is a stay at home wife). She was pregnant and she still purchassed an LV bag (even though they really did not have money and that was her husbands money). For me, a bag (Birkin, LV, what ever) should not be priority above your mother, husband, child, frend, food, place to stay. It is just a nice thing that does not make people really happy. Those simple things like family are much more important. But, like I said, it is just my opinion and I can say it on this forum but if we were talking about this in RL, I would probably say nothing because it is not my buisness. I do not think you would really be hungry because of the bag, it is just an extreme example :biggrin:

I think your friend is not a good friend because it looks like she wanted to upset you with that comment. I have friends like that. I am skinny so they would sugest me to eat something because I look sick, and that was not the truth because I am naturally skinny. They would comment about my bags too, but honestly, I do not care because I am happy with who I am and I know I can afford an LV bag here and there without making a big effort.

Im sorry to hear about your mom. I didnt mean that its an obsession in a way that I go hungry to buy bags. I simply make a choice sometimes to eat very cheap and unexciting food for a few days while waiting for my next paycheck... Buying LV when youre unemployed and your house is gone is nothing less than insane!

My friend is great ina lot of ways, but she doeasnt understand my bag craze. Thats ok. But there are alot of things I dont understand but I choose to accept!