Need to Return an Item Back to the Seller... Is This Everything I Need to Do?

ZoeyZoo

Feb 6, 2007
I bought a pair of shoes and the seller sent me a different size than what I bid on. I contact the seller and she told me to send them back for a refund.

I plan on sending them back USPS priority mail with insurance and deliver confirmation. I also plan to get a receipt for postage - since it wasn't my mistake I believe she should have to pay for return postage. As it gets closer to the 45 days, if I don't have my refund then I'll open a Paypal claim.

Is there anything else I need to do that I'm forgetting? :confused1:

Depending upon the value of the shoes, you may need online signature confirmation in the delivery confirmation. I'm sorry--I can't remember what the monetary value cutoff is for needing this, but perhaps someone else knows or you can check on the paypal site.

Depending upon the value of the shoes, you may need online signature confirmation in the delivery confirmation. I'm sorry--I can't remember what the monetary value cutoff is for needing this, but perhaps someone else knows or you can check on the paypal site.

The cutoff is $250. Just posting it in case anyone else here is in a similar situation.

The only (optional) thing I'd add is sending a courteous message via Ebay to the seller confirming dispatch of the item, reason for return and how you'll be expecting to receive your refund, just so you have a complete track of everything should you need to escalate this to a claim.