Need to hear from White Multicolore Mini HL owners

Wow, I hope the Mc speedy doesnt do that.

Here are some pics of the "damage" to mine.

Does anyone else has it so bad? The 2 sides of the bag is very yellowish and a tinge of reddish-yellowish stain around the vachetta.

I was pretty much resigned to my fate as I thought it was due to poor storage conditions.... I have always kept her in the dustbag, in my cupboard....

Do you think I can bring it back for a credit refund?

Or maybe I should keep her? I like her alot, but I can't use her anymore can I?

:crybaby:

i am so sorry that happened to bagoholicvicky and damier lover and anyone else with these problems! you poor kids! to lose a collectors item!?!? argh.

I am 99.9% sure you never need a reciept to go into an LV, as long as it is real. I have never brought a receipt in with me when there was a bag issue. They just know it is real and take care of it.

That's photoobessive,

for your very kind comments. I am rather disturbed by the look of the mini HL. I do like it alot, and I didn't expect it to be a common problem. Hopefully, they will be able to let me know what's happened and the verdict soon.

Here are some pics of the "damage" to mine.

Does anyone else has it so bad? The 2 sides of the bag is very yellowish and a tinge of reddish-yellowish stain around the vachetta.

I was pretty much resigned to my fate as I thought it was due to poor storage conditions.... I have always kept her in the dustbag, in my cupboard....

Do you think I can bring it back for a credit refund?

Or maybe I should keep her? I like her alot, but I can't use her anymore can I?

:crybaby:

Has anyone had this vachetta "bleeding" problem with a Mono Speedy 30? I bought my Speedy in 2003 or 2004 and the vachetta trim on the sides of the bag are dark in some places and light in others. I noticed it awhile back but never thought about it until I read a thread about the White MC Mini HL owners who had a similar problem.

I don't own a speedy in mono. The closest I have is a cerises and it's not shown any problems. I think the different colours might be due to usage (wear and tear) rather than bleeding. The white MC had a clear outline of reddish-orangey line around the vachetta on the white canvas and not on the vachetta itself.

I don't own a speedy in mono. The closest I have is a cerises and it's not shown any problems. I think the different colours might be due to usage (wear and tear) rather than bleeding. The white MC had a clear outline of reddish-orangey line around the vachetta on the white canvas and not on the vachetta itself.

Thanks!! I see what you mean about the reddish/orangey outline on the white canvas.... I didn't notice it when I looked at the pics, but the pics also reminded me of the vachetta piping being discolored in different areas of the piping which is what my Speedy has. I might still go and talk to my SA about it but if they don't want to do anything about it, I'm not going to pursue it. It's only noticeable to me - since I'm so anal but I guess I can live with it! Thx!!!

Thanks!! I see what you mean about the reddish/orangey outline on the white canvas.... I didn't notice it when I looked at the pics, but the pics also reminded me of the vachetta piping being discolored in different areas of the piping which is what my Speedy has. I might still go and talk to my SA about it but if they don't want to do anything about it, I'm not going to pursue it. It's only noticeable to me - since I'm so anal but I guess I can live with it! Thx!!!

Mini Update...The LV repair department has my Mini HL bag. They now need a product manager to look at it and that person was off yesterday. Until then, they can't make a "decision" on it. Why is it appearing to be something like brain surgery where many opinions are needed? This is black and white, no gray area here. I'm getting a little tiffed as it's been stored in it's little dustbag and still had all the paper and product info inside. Plus the vachetta is still as naked as can be. It was Mint and bottom line defective. I can't believe I can't get a straight answer.

Mini Update...The LV repair department has my Mini HL bag. They now need a product manager to look at it and that person was off yesterday. Until then, they can't make a "decision" on it. Why is it appearing to be something like brain surgery where many opinions are needed? This is black and white, no gray area here. I'm getting a little tiffed as it's been stored in it's little dustbag and still had all the paper and product info inside. Plus the vachetta is still as naked as can be. It was Mint and bottom line defective. I can't believe I can't get a straight answer.

Oh my I can't believe how difficult they are making this for you. It irks me and makes me especially grateful for how wonderful the manager (Jennifer Conway) was at the Atlantic City LV boutique. I tell you, I walked in the door, showed the bag to Jennifer and in 5 minutes (okay maybe 8 minutes) was told I could have a store credit for the current selling price. I think I will write her a thank you letter. Sorry to hear about your situation...perhaps you could suggest to your store manager to please contact Jennifer for how she processed the return on December 31, 2006 for your "cousin" at the Atlantic City store...I am serious.

Oh my I can't believe how difficult they are making this for you. It irks me and makes me especially grateful for how wonderful the manager (Jennifer Conway) was at the Atlantic City LV boutique. I tell you, I walked in the door, showed the bag to Jennifer and in 5 minutes (okay maybe 8 minutes) was told I could have a store credit for the current selling price. I think I will write her a thank you letter. Sorry to hear about your situation...perhaps you could suggest to your store manager to please contact Jennifer for how she processed the return on December 31, 2006 for your "cousin" at the Atlantic City store...I am serious.
:yes: :yes: Thanks Cousin for the uplifting post! I will let you know what happens later today! :yes: :yes:

Hi ladies,

Newest update: I had a call from my local LV today and I just came back from the store.

It's GOOD news! They called me to say that they can't repair the defect and will give me a credit refund -I had to get somehting in exchange. :wlae:

I'm still rather sad about losing a white MC. It's the only white piece I have, but the side effect is that I am so much more apprehensive about the MC line now.

I went to the LV store and came back with my "want" bag. I wasn't planning to spend this much at all - I am on a purse ban, but I thought if I was going to get a credit refund, I might as well put it to good use and get what I really want. It was a huge debate between the PH and the Denim Baggy PM, and you guessed it, I chose the Denim Baggy PM. My purse ban just got extended to like..... infinity..... LOL. :crybaby:

I ended up paying only $700 for my wishlist bag, which is kind of a bonus.

My dear white MC mini HL, please RIP...... :Push:

Congrats Vicky! Sorry about your MC mini HL, but I'm glad you got something from your wish list to help you feel better...:flowers:
Are you going to start a post and model for us? Please....:yes:

Hi Mickloisme,

Thanks! I do feel BROKE, if anything. :crybaby:

I hadn't planned on spending cos I'm on a purse ban....... :s

But I am glad that the store gave me a refund. I will model and post some pics here when I get some time to do so. I do love the new baggy pm. I've wanted it for some time, but it was hardly affordable, given my purchases last year, so I decided to chip the credit into my new baby. :love: Hope it was a right decision!

Damierlover, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you have been made to go through. I figured that if my local LV store here in Singapore can give me a refund, I don't see why you won't get one. They took less than a week to call me back (4 working days to be exact, instead of the said 7). I didn't even buy the bag here in Singapore. I bought it in Bangkok 3 years back as they were already sold out in Singapore by then. Moreover, I had used the bag before, so it wasn't even mint. I think it must be a fairly common problem then. :s

I hope things work out for you and maybe you want to try what DesigningStyle suggested.....

Please let us know what happens ok? Good luck! ;)

Funny this topic should arise as just this morning I took my little white MC Mini HL Sac out from it's dustbag only to reveal that all the edges around the vachetta were turning yellow! I have been soo terribly disappointed with this bag and here goes my ordeal...

I originally purchased this little bag way back in December 2003 only to return it in June 2004 as the red alacantra lining was bleeding thru to the white canvas. I had never even used the darn bag! :cursing: Well when I went to return it the SA at the Saks LV Boutique gave me the hardest darn time saying it was after the 14 day return policy and proceeded to ask why I didn't return it to the original point of sale. (Well duh I purchased it at a diff. Saks LV boutique while out of town!) Finally after a huff & puff the SA acted like she was doing me a HUGE favor and exchanged it.

After that I hardly ever used the bag- 1 or 2 times and then it returned to it's little dustbag. Well today, being New Year's Eve, I thought I would take out my lil HL Sac and use it for tonight and to my surprise this one also started turning yellow all around the edge of the vachetta leather. I was soo disappointed I called my local LV storea nd they told me to bring the bag right in. I immediatley took the bag and my favorite SA gave me absolutely no trouble and said that THERE IS MANUFACTURING DEFECT IN THE WHITE MC HL SAC. I wanted to exchange it for another HL but my SA said they have been discontinued due to this problem. She said it is the only white MC item that they have ever had this sort of trouble with. So with no hesitation she returned the bag and gave me full credit at the current sales price of $515 and I exchanged the bag for a lil something else. :yahoo:

Here is what I ended up with:
Damier Speedy 25:heart:
*the LV Mono Leopard Scarf was actually a Christmas present

i think this is what i am going to do with mine also. i was a little hesitant to let the bag go but i do not want it to turn any more yellow!!!