Need ideas on a small versatile purse!

Aug 31, 2009
I've been looking for a purse, but I haven't been able to find the perfect one. Can anyone help think of purses that might fit what I'm looking for?

Here's my criteria:
  • Durable for frequent/travel use
  • Higher end designer/design so that I could take it to a nice dinner if needed
  • Big enough to fit an iPhone 6 plus + a few other things (cash, keys, lipstick, etc). But small enough so that I can take it out or wear it for hours without my shoulder hurting
  • Ideally a removeable crossbody strap so that it converts into a clutch
  • Has a zipper or zippered pocket that can fit my passport or has a more secure closure than just a snap
The only purse that meets this criteria so far is the Bottega Veneta mini messenger. The stella mccartney falabella pouch also fits the bill, but the strap is short and not removeable.

TIA!! :heart::heart:

Reactions: aderynamara
Have you considered the Chanel Wallet On Chain (WOC)? I have 4 of them and it's a great little every day bag! I also use it for travel. It meets all of your criteria except for the removable strap/chain. I'd definitely recommend getting it in the Caviar leather if you plan to use it a lot. Good luck!

I don't have either, but I have heard good things about the Dior miss Dior promenade clutch and the large YSL WOC
Good thoughts! Just went to look at the YSL. Definitely a contender.
i vote for Bottega Disco bag!
Right?! It's so incredibly functional. But I can't decide if I like how it looks.
I love my Dior Miss Promenade pouch. It checks off everything on your list except that it is lambskin, so you do have to be a little careful.

http://www.dior.com/couture/en_us/w...or-promenade-pouch-in-black-lambskin-11-21844
Beautiful!!! Yeah the lambskin would be ruined by me so quickly. :sad:
Have you considered the Chanel Wallet On Chain (WOC)? I have 4 of them and it's a great little every day bag! I also use it for travel. It meets all of your criteria except for the removable strap/chain. I'd definitely recommend getting it in the Caviar leather if you plan to use it a lot. Good luck!
Good thinking! Just looked and they have some newer styles too. I literally just walked by a Chanel boutique ugh. I'll definitely take a look!

Sent from my Pixel XL using PurseForum mobile app

Second on the YSL woc. Although it's quite a loud statement bag with that big YSL on it - it's by far my most versatile bag and the matelasse "caviar" is pretty bulletproof. I believe it's $1550 now for the large. Would not recommend the smaller size, as its capacity is more similar to the Chanel woc.

Second on the YSL woc. Although it's quite a loud statement bag with that big YSL on it - it's by far my most versatile bag and the matelasse "caviar" is pretty bulletproof. I believe it's $1550 now for the large. Would not recommend the smaller size, as its capacity is more similar to the Chanel woc.
Ooo!! I like bulletproof. I've had previous YSL in other leathers and they weren't very durable so that was my hesitation.

How is the comfort of the chain? Do you find it comfortable for all day wear? That was my other concern as the chain is a bit sharper than on other bags it seemed. Thanks!!