Need help - what is this bag?

GIAGIAJA, it's very similar, however the straps don't go through the front of the bag and shape is more of the bowler. Apparently, it is a staple and always available and it is in caviar leather.
Am I making sense? Haha! I wish I had a pic!

Lily, thanks for posting, but it's none of those! :smile:

I believe it is part of the luxe line...metallic leather...does anyone have catalogues from previous seasons?

Ladies, I appreciate your help so much!
It looks like the luxe leather, there is no quilted stitching or diamond stitching, just plain CCs on the front. It has short handles that cannot be worn on the shoulder.
I saw it on a woman on the street and I should have asked her...
I believe it is from last season or the one before, but it is considered part of their classic line...

Ok, I have just read this whole thread and I THINK I know which one you saw.... (maybe!!)

I was in Chanel today and they had 2 bags which are F/W 2006 releases but part of the classic line....if that makes sense..

The SA said that within the Classic line there are seasonal bags released and this year's has a bowler shape, a big CC on the front and one zip right across the top. It is a very wide bag with a curved top.

Here in Sydney, they have one in black and and one in burgundy. The bags also have no hardware except for the zipper.

I wonder if this is what you saw??

Oh my...yes that totally makes sense!!! I know the handbag is part of the classic line and a girl here at work says she believes they were first available last season or the one before.

It is wide, well long in length, not too long, but just enough. It has a curved top, with one zipper and no hardware. The CCs on the front are stiched in black so they're very subtle. It is not too high, but high enough, I'm estimating 8 inches in height at the most.

So I am estimating the size as follows:

Height: 8 inches at most?
Lengh: 16 inches?
Depth: 5-7 inches?

I hope this helps to anyone that may have a pic!

Shari - thank you so much!

Hue, you've got me completely stumped on this one!

Could you possibly draw us a rough sketch of the bag? Just to show the dimensions, handle drop and also the placement of the CCs?