Need help for my first bag -Evelyne -Color

This is something you should be thinking carefully about! It’s a lot of money to spend. H makes so many colors that could pass as neutral. Wonderful blues, dark reds, many shades of gray and beige. I recommend doing your research on here and on H.com to get a better idea of the colors offered. It is by no means a binary choice between black and graphite. I also wouldn’t make a decision based on how difficult a color is to find or how rare it is. I would base it on what color speaks to you and works best with your wardrobe and existing collection.

Yes, you're right, it is a lot of money! That's why I thought black or grey is a save choice and both colors speak to me. I love looking at all the blues (I did a lot of research for the color), but I reach for my blue LV the least. That makes me avoiding a blue one for such an expensive bag. I always wanted a red, but I'm not sure how often I would reach for it. I can imagine that I want a bright pink in the future as a second one, but not in the near future. Sorry for my indecisiveness and thank you very much for your helpful input!

I would keep the black and then check out the graphite when it comes in and make a decision about it then. Thoughts:
1. I agree with @smallfry - black Evies are not that common, and the leather of the Evie I think offers a nice contrast to the babylone.
2. One thing that is unique about Evies- the color of the fabric strap can make a big difference in how the bag looks when on the body. In many instances the color winds up looking lighter or brighter than the bag color, because the fabric reflects light differently than the leather of the bag. Also: as you know, the Evie strap is thick- much thicker than the Kelly strap, for instance. The color of the strap then becomes a rather dominant aspect re: how it looks on you. I was convinced I wanted a blue hydra Evie until I saw how the strap looked on me and then I had to pass. I'm not sure what the graphite strap looks like, but it is definitely something worth considering.
3. The Evie is one of H's most casual bags, but in black it takes on a more elegant, dressy persona. I feel that a black Evie has some stylistic versatility that is unique, compared to other colors, even other dark colors. I personally think your black Evie is gorgeous, and, while it is easy to have lots of black bags (I love black bags), this is a must-keep.

Thank you very much for your trouble of this long answer! You made very good points:
1) My boyfriend also said that they are very different (but he loves the Babylone more [emoji6])

2) I realized that, too. I looked more, if the strap matches me than the bag itself [emoji5] Black is a little bit hard against my skin, but I like it. Grey would be softer. I saw a few Evies where the strap looked so different to the bag in color that I didn't liked it. Good point!

3) Nothing more to say [emoji5]

Reactions: Hermezzy
First of all, let me just say you look absolutely lovely modeling your LV Babylone! Love the Mahina! You also look very cute with the Evie. I think you should keep the black, enjoy it and still try for the graphite (although I think graphite might be harder to come by than black). You can use the Babylone for more dressy occasions and the Evie for casual. If/when the graphite comes in, you can check it out since your uncertain of the color IRL and then make a decision. Hit up TPF again if you are too undecided. ;)

And don't be deterred by any negative experiences at the boutique. Just go in again, try to connect with someone and give them your wishlist! Bring the black Evie and accessorize/play with twillys or charms (which is super fun). Perhaps asking an SA to help you match something with your Evie will help you bond. It will show your winning personality and they will love you! Good luck! :smile:

Reactions: Nivahra and crisbac
The black Evelyne looks great on you! I might be inclined to keep it, then keep my eyes open for a preloved in a color down the road. Do you carry black year round, or would you consider something like gold or etoupe for summer?

Reactions: Nivahra
I love how the black Evie looks on you and I think it's different enough from the LV bag. I like that black goes with everything and your bags will serve different purposes. An Evie would be more casual and you can use the LV bag for a dressier occasion. I would keep it if it were me. :smile:

Reactions: Nivahra
I love how the black Evie looks on you and I think it's different enough from the LV bag. I like that black goes with everything and your bags will serve different purposes. An Evie would be more casual and you can use the LV bag for a dressier occasion. I would keep it if it were me. :smile:
Thank you for your compliment! That's what I thought today: LV for the dressier occasions :smile: And the black Evie is a relaxed bag, I think it's very durable und black fits everything in my closet. And I decided to keep her :smile:

Have you considered Étain? It’s a dark grey as well.
Yes, I like the look of Etain, but I'm too afraid for my first bag in this color, I have to try how the Evie works for me (with Jeans, color transfer and something like that) and wanted to try it with a really dark carefree color.....

The black Evelyne looks great on you! I might be inclined to keep it, then keep my eyes open for a preloved in a color down the road. Do you carry black year round, or would you consider something like gold or etoupe for summer?
Thank you for your lovely words! I decided today to keep the black one and if the style really works for me buy another one for summer (but I also wear black year round!) And my boyfriend and I thought, that Gold should be the next! Great color and perfect for the second bag. :smile:

First of all, let me just say you look absolutely lovely modeling your LV Babylone! Love the Mahina! You also look very cute with the Evie. I think you should keep the black, enjoy it and still try for the graphite (although I think graphite might be harder to come by than black). You can use the Babylone for more dressy occasions and the Evie for casual. If/when the graphite comes in, you can check it out since your uncertain of the color IRL and then make a decision. Hit up TPF again if you are too undecided. ;)

And don't be deterred by any negative experiences at the boutique. Just go in again, try to connect with someone and give them your wishlist! Bring the black Evie and accessorize/play with twillys or charms (which is super fun). Perhaps asking an SA to help you match something with your Evie will help you bond. It will show your winning personality and they will love you! Good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much for your compliment :smile::heart: The Babylone is one of my favorite LV bags and I decided to keep the black one Evie, so I can change between her for casual and the Babylone for dressier events! Exact your point :smile: Today I called two stores to ask what their experiences were with Graphite. They both told me, this color does not seem to be come into the store again the next month - it was a seasonal color. Don't know it it is right, but I want this bag now and I don't want to wait for the next year to get one Graphite - and it's still possible that I don't like her IRL.
And I thought a lot with my boyfriend, if Gold would be an option for the second one and decided that if the style works for me (you don't really know until you have tried it a few weeks), this would be an addition (he loves this color on me, but I#m too afraid for this as my fist Evie!).

But I have to say, that I will try to buy it online, too. Today I called 2 Stores and the one in Hamburg wasn't nice again, very snobby :sad: I bought there a few things the last weeks, but it's hard to get the same SA....

This is a great suggestion. I have a bleu agate Evie and it is the perfect neutral, but can also serve as a pop of color. I get a ton of compliments on it. Bleu sapphire would also be a great option.
I searched bleu agate and this is a beautiful color!!! But I reach for my blue LV the least and that shows me, although blue is beautiful on others and I love blue, it's not for me on a handbag....

What about a neutral blue? You stated you where a lot of blue so I'm sure it would look great in your closet. My Bleu Thalassa Epsom Evelyne is one of my most favorite bags and looks great with everything in my wardrobe.

I feel like, at least for me, one black bag is enough (my black lambskin Boy). I have owned 8 different Evelyne's over the course of building my handbag collection and none of them were black. I sold 6 of them but kept my Bleu Thalassa and Rose Tyrian because I love them so much. They are dark enough that there is no color transfer, and I wear black pants a lot.

If you like blue, have a look at some darker blue Evelyne's. Hermes has so many wonderful blues that you couldn't go wrong choosing one of them.

Good luck.
Bleu Thalassa Epsom is really a fun color and looks beautiful! But for me I reached for my LV in blue the least and that is a sign. Rose Tyrian is such a cool color - love that!!!
Today I decided to keep my black Evie. It is a test without a risk and if I love the style and it works for me, I will buy a second one in a color, I decided to go for Gold because it stands out and will look beautiful with most of my wardrobe :smile: Thank you very much for your answer! :smile:

Update: thanks to all of you!!! Today I decided to keep the black one. I called two stores and asked about their experiences with the Graphite - how often it would have been seen in store in the last month. Both told me, that they are very rare, the didn't have seen one the last months and don't believe that there will one come in for the next months. This and that I never saw one IRL and don't know if I really will like it and knowing I like black makes the decision easier and I decided to keep her. It will be a save try if this style really works for me (color transfer save, good resale value if it doesn't work,...).
Although this should be my last bag for a long time my boyfriend and I decided: if it works, we will buy the Gold one, too. Beautiful color, will match my wardrobe, is special and more "fun". I'm happy with this decisions and I'm a huge fan of the Evie and all the lovely help here!!!! [emoji173]️

I would keep the black and then check out the graphite when it comes in and make a decision about it then. Thoughts:
1. I agree with @smallfry - black Evies are not that common, and the leather of the Evie I think offers a nice contrast to the babylone.
2. One thing that is unique about Evies- the color of the fabric strap can make a big difference in how the bag looks when on the body. In many instances the color winds up looking lighter or brighter than the bag color, because the fabric reflects light differently than the leather of the bag. Also: as you know, the Evie strap is thick- much thicker than the Kelly strap, for instance. The color of the strap then becomes a rather dominant aspect re: how it looks on you. I was convinced I wanted a blue hydra Evie until I saw how the strap looked on me and then I had to pass. I'm not sure what the graphite strap looks like, but it is definitely something worth considering.
3. The Evie is one of H's most casual bags, but in black it takes on a more elegant, dressy persona. I feel that a black Evie has some stylistic versatility that is unique, compared to other colors, even other dark colors. I personally think your black Evie is gorgeous, and, while it is easy to have lots of black bags (I love black bags), this is a must-keep.

I, so agree on this I can't even stress enough #2 haha! At first I thought I didn't want a black Evie because the details of the bag gets lost in Noir as opposed to the Birkin & Kelly, but then when I got my etoupe evie slowly by slowly I noticed the color changes, especially the strap not really matching the leather and sometimes it clashes with your outfit AND the strap part is the one that is basically near your outfit. It doesn't really look bad/mismatch most of the time but if you are very meticulous in color matching, it can be a problem. Now I'm considering black too lol

So for OP, I suggest keeping the black and stay tuned until the color you like comes your way. Just speaking for my experience because I wanted color because of it "popping", but then realized how casual the bag is that I can almost wear it everyday, and you can never go wrong with black.

I, so agree on this I can't even stress enough #2 haha! At first I thought I didn't want a black Evie because the details of the bag gets lost in Noir as opposed to the Birkin & Kelly, but then when I got my etoupe evie slowly by slowly I noticed the color changes, especially the strap not really matching the leather and sometimes it clashes with your outfit AND the strap part is the one that is basically near your outfit. It doesn't really look bad/mismatch most of the time but if you are very meticulous in color matching, it can be a problem. Now I'm considering black too lol

So for OP, I suggest keeping the black and stay tuned until the color you like comes your way. Just speaking for my experience because I wanted color because of it "popping", but then realized how casual the bag is that I can almost wear it everyday, and you can never go wrong with black.

Thank you for your answer! [emoji2] yes, the strap and the leather doesn't match on some colors and in special combinations I don't that, but on some colors it wouldn't bother me. Black looks so cool, today was the first day for me to use her and it was a good day [emoji5] I'm so in love because I don't have to worry because of color transfer and so on and in daylight it looks so elegant [emoji7] Go for the black if you can!

Reactions: ultraviolence