Need help deciding! Thank you!

Should I sell my Chanel Medium Classic Flap in GHW Caviar for the Cartier Love Bracelet?

• Total voters
Hi lovely, I'm sorry to hear that your Chanel CF serves solely as a reminder of your past relationship. We all have been there! Loving and losing is a part of life but how we move forward is what defines us.
To me, your thought process of simply considering to part ways with it signals maturity and bravery.
There is little point of keeping things that don't serve a purpose, even less when it's reminder of having lost yourself on the way.
A love bangle will be a forever piece. It's solid gold. You can get so much more wear out of it and when you see it shining on your wrist, it'll always bring a smile on your face. You will also feel a sense of triumph to have overcome an obstacle in life.
It's a great idea and I'm all for it. šŸ’•
Thank you so much for this kind and loving message! You're so kind and thoughtful, this made me cry! It is definitely a hard decision (even though its materialism) as there's so much meaning behind it but I think everyone is right to let go.
You're right and it doesn't serve me anymore and I think it will make someone else happy and they will love it more.
I think it will be a lovely reminder to always love myself when I see the bracelet. We are definitely thinking the same thing! I'm so grateful for you and your help ā¤ļøšŸ«¶šŸ½

I 100% resonate with struggling to keep up with the prices of luxury goods. Sadly, people working in regular jobs, do not get salary increases as frequently as price hikes of luxury goods! It's becoming impossible to keep up with. What works in your advantage here is that you are looking to sell a piece that is sought after and has increased in price since your purchase (I would hope so!). And you say it's in excellent, unused condition, so that's golden!
You could wait and sell it a tad later in future, but cartier prices are bound to increase soon. So if you are to 'sell to fund', now is a good time!
Exactly! I think at this point this can be a bit ridiculous, especially for the quality of some luxury goods. I agree, it's becoming impossible for people to keep up. Yes, my item has been used only 5-6 times tbh lol I'm thinking of selling it now because like you said increases for the bracelet but praying to get more than what I paid for as prices have gone up! Thank you for your advice!! You have been so kind, I really appreciate it ā¤ļø

• Love
Reactions: war_bunny15
Honestly Chanel prices have been climbing like crazy so not sure if itā€™s worth selling if you got it as a gift (unless you have a lot more other flaps). I say that but I also own 10 ish flaps and wouldnā€™t mind letting go of 1-2 to fund jewelry. However, if it really leaves a bad taste due to past emotional trauma (we have all been there), itā€™s better to let it go and start afresh. I for one second jewelry as itā€™s a lot better for cost per wear (not to mention the self love meaning behind the bracelet). Whatever you decide - it will be the right choice. :smile: for now - if it takes your breath away, take the plunge!

Reactions: Jcabs
Honestly Chanel prices have been climbing like crazy so not sure if itā€™s worth selling if you got it as a gift (unless you have a lot more other flaps). I say that but I also own 10 ish flaps and wouldnā€™t mind letting go of 1-2 to fund jewelry. However, if it really leaves a bad taste due to past emotional trauma (we have all been there), itā€™s better to let it go and start afresh. I for one second jewelry as itā€™s a lot better for cost per wear (not to mention the self love meaning behind the bracelet). Whatever you decide - it will be the right choice. :smile: for now - if it takes your breath away, take the plunge!
It has been! but I really just don't use it. It doesn't really fit my lifestyle and like you said it has past emotional trauma, so it's best to part ways! However, I'm not sure where to sell it. I'm trying FB but other consignments i'm not getting a lot back for it, so we will see. I totally agree with you about cost per wear and also its gold and has value. Thank you so much for your advice! I'm grateful for it šŸ«¶šŸ½āœØ

It has been! but I really just don't use it. It doesn't really fit my lifestyle and like you said it has past emotional trauma, so it's best to part ways! However, I'm not sure where to sell it. I'm trying FB but other consignments i'm not getting a lot back for it, so we will see. I totally agree with you about cost per wear and also its gold and has value. Thank you so much for your advice! I'm grateful for it šŸ«¶šŸ½āœØ
I am not sure where your based but maybe try auction houses to sell your bag. Good luck sounds the right decision

Thank you so much for this kind and loving message! You're so kind and thoughtful, this made me cry! It is definitely a hard decision (even though its materialism) as there's so much meaning behind it but I think everyone is right to let go.
You're right and it doesn't serve me anymore and I think it will make someone else happy and they will love it more.
I think it will be a lovely reminder to always love myself when I see the bracelet. We are definitely thinking the same thing! I'm so grateful for you and your help ā¤ļøšŸ«¶šŸ½

Exactly! I think at this point this can be a bit ridiculous, especially for the quality of some luxury goods. I agree, it's becoming impossible for people to keep up. Yes, my item has been used only 5-6 times tbh lol I'm thinking of selling it now because like you said increases for the bracelet but praying to get more than what I paid for as prices have gone up! Thank you for your advice!! You have been so kind, I really appreciate it ā¤ļø
I'm glad I could help! Rooting for you. šŸ’• Please share pictures of your Love bangle if and when you decide to purchase it.

I'm glad I could help! Rooting for you. šŸ’• Please share pictures of your Love bangle if and when you decide to purchase it.
Thank you so much! You're so kind! ā¤ļøāœØ I definitely will post pictures once I get it. Not sure when though as consignment has been low balling on prices lol I feel I have to just sell it on FB and wait. Hopefully, someone buys it soon!

Absolutely ā€œuncoupleā€ with the bag and choose yourself with Love! Every time you look at the bracelet it can be a reminder of your resilience and independence.

I hear you about the prices of luxury pieces! As others posters have commented, if youā€™re going to spend $$$$ on one special item, classic jewelry that you can wear 24/7 is the way to go - youā€™ll get much better cost-per-wear over the long term.

Reactions: etudes and Jcabs
Absolutely ā€œuncoupleā€ with the bag and choose yourself with Love! Every time you look at the bracelet it can be a reminder of your resilience and independence.

I hear you about the prices of luxury pieces! As others posters have commented, if youā€™re going to spend $$$$ on one special item, classic jewelry that you can wear 24/7 is the way to go - youā€™ll get much better cost-per-wear over the long term.
I love that!! Very well said! Thank you for your kind and lovely words ā¤ļø Exactly, that will be my everyday reminder. I also read that the creator of the Love bracelet actually got the idea of it after he had gone through heartbreak so it connects and makes sense to me!

Thank you for validating me, I honestly needed it lol A part of me didn't want to let go of it because its high value but i'm more of a jewelry person and never really used the bag. I am grateful for your help and you! šŸ«¶šŸ½āœØ

Sell it! I did with mine šŸ˜Š Same doubts as yours, same bag, same condito as, classical bag which sits in closetā€¦. I sold mine via Vestiaire Collective at the first day I posted.
Itā€™s about 2 years already as I did it and Iā€™m still happy with this decision. Itā€™s true the price going up twice a year, but youā€™ll buy the good jewelry which also keeps value and on top youā€™ll use it and love it. Maybe personally Iā€™d consider also enchantimal bracelet like more classical forever piece.
Now I have similar doubts with my BBK 25 bag šŸ™ˆ crazy to sell and donā€™t use itā€¦

Sell it! I did with mine šŸ˜Š Same doubts as yours, same bag, same condito as, classical bag which sits in closetā€¦. I sold mine via Vestiaire Collective at the first day I posted.
Itā€™s about 2 years already as I did it and Iā€™m still happy with this decision. Itā€™s true the price going up twice a year, but youā€™ll buy the good jewelry which also keeps value and on top youā€™ll use it and love it. Maybe personally Iā€™d consider also enchantimal bracelet like more classical forever piece.
Now I have similar doubts with my BBK 25 bag šŸ™ˆ crazy to sell and donā€™t use itā€¦
I actually went to sell it to consignment 2 days ago! I'm not going to lie, I almost cried šŸ˜‚ but I think you're right best decision. Wow, I'm so glad it sold so fast!! Do you think mine will sell fast? I heard medium and mini size plus Caviar is most wanted right now. So I hope mine sells right away!

I'm so glad to hear this. May I ask why you didn't use it? I personally didn't because it just didn't fit my active lifestyle, plus I feel over the years I just rather have jewelry than bags tbh. You're very right, gold and jewelry has value and others made the point that jewelry is worn 24/7.

Okay but with the BBK 25, I don't know if I would sell that lol I would say take your time thinking about that one. If you find something better that you like over that, then go for it. Like you said with the Chanel, you're still happy with the decision of selling it. Maybe you will feel the same with that bag. I personally love jewelry over bags.

I actually went to sell it to consignment 2 days ago! I'm not going to lie, I almost cried šŸ˜‚ but I think you're right best decision. Wow, I'm so glad it sold so fast!! Do you think mine will sell fast? I heard medium and mini size plus Caviar is most wanted right now. So I hope mine sells right away!

I'm so glad to hear this. May I ask why you didn't use it? I personally didn't because it just didn't fit my active lifestyle, plus I feel over the years I just rather have jewelry than bags tbh. You're very right, gold and jewelry has value and others made the point that jewelry is worn 24/7.

Okay but with the BBK 25, I don't know if I would sell that lol I would say take your time thinking about that one. If you find something better that you like over that, then go for it. Like you said with the Chanel, you're still happy with the decision of selling it. Maybe you will feel the same with that bag. I personally love jewelry over bags.
I hope yours will be sold very soon! Actually it always depend of requested price))) I was not using it becauseā€¦ for me it was too heavy, too roomy and too flashy. I found out to prefer crossbody small bags, which are under radar. I only need to have with me some cards (ID, credit cards, sanitary card, car key card) and the phone I keep by hand. And another factor was my style of life. Of course the first week I wear it also in supermarket as you know what I meanā€¦. but it was stupid and out of good sense of being secure. This bag takes a lot of attention and could be stolen also for itself, because of its high value. I was feeling it like this. When it was a special occasion, specially long lunch or dinner (I live in Italy), it was too big and I posed it on the neck of my chair donā€™t having full control of it, sometimes touched by waiters serving. I believe itā€™s just not mine cup of tee. The same arguments for Birkin. I love my H clutch with crossbody option, I use another premium bags, I just prefer to be more secure your know. I believe that I prefer shoes over bags or jewelry )))).