Need help choosing my first Kelly

KALLIE......WOOHOOOO!

Well, for a one and only Kelly, might I suggest a 32cm retourne in either Cafe or Gold in either Togo or Vache Liegee? Togo is lighter in weight than Clemence (and Clemence'll get heavy in a 32...believe me!) and so is Vache Liegee. VL will be a little more stiff....Togo a bit more pliable.

Take a look at JAG's Gold Vache Liegee and see what you think. And, can anyone tell me if Cafe comes in Togo? I saw it in Clemence with gold and it was lovely.....

KALLIE......WOOHOOOO!
And, can anyone tell me if Cafe comes in Togo? I saw it in Clemence with gold and it was lovely.....

Had some difficulty w/ my summer order as the book in Southern Kansas showed cafe in clemence and chocolate in togo...sigh...I wanted chocolate in clemence at the time...

Kallie...Congrats on your order!!! I have to admit that I am a purist at heart...if I were to purchase one Kelly in gold...she would have gold interior w/ white stitching... I am mono...lol...

yay for your first kelly! i'm waiting on mine too! personally i think that with gold there is no other color i would like inside. i just think the gold is so rich and is a hard color to pick a compliment for. nothing really speaks to me. that being said i think as a bag it looks amazing with everything!

in terms of other colors though i have to say i think you might like what i SO'ed which is an indigo kelly with blue jean trim and inside. it's a gorgeous combo- very versatile and the colors work so well together. i saw one irl and fell in love. still waiting for it to come in. i hope it takes a long time though. lol.

i agree that cafe is STUNNING and another great lifetime neutral. i also think graphite is the same. and who could turn down a black kelly? classic!

yay for your first kelly! i'm waiting on mine too! personally i think that with gold there is no other color i would like inside. i just think the gold is so rich and is a hard color to pick a compliment for. nothing really speaks to me. that being said i think as a bag it looks amazing with everything!

in terms of other colors though i have to say i think you might like what i SO'ed which is an indigo kelly with blue jean trim and inside. it's a gorgeous combo- very versatile and the colors work so well together. i saw one irl and fell in love. still waiting for it to come in. i hope it takes a long time though. lol.

i agree that cafe is STUNNING and another great lifetime neutral. i also think graphite is the same. and who could turn down a black kelly? classic!

Hlfinn: Your SO combo sounds soooo fabulous!! For my one and only though I think I need to stick to a total neutral so that if I am wearing turquoise or purple, for example, I still could use my Kelly. You know how a color just feels right? For me, the gold is feelin' right.

I love the "surprise" of a different color interior though but maybe I should do gold with gold and if I do that my SA may be able to find it without an SO.

S'MOM, yes, I totally love JAG's VL Kelly. My BFF's black Birkin is in VL and it is stunning. My only hesitation is that I want a dark gold and at least in the pictures, the VL looks lighter than Togo.

Thank you all so much!! I am so much more ahead than trying to do this by myself!!

I totally understand and believe me i want a gold bag more than anything now! it's a gorgeous gorgeous color and white stitching is amazing! i agree about gold in VL. after seeing it irl it's very pretty but light. i like it darker as well.

It looks like I'll be able to buy a Kelly in early 2008. :yahoo:It will be my first and likely my only. I'm actually enjoying this stage of waiting and anticipating. I daydream about the bag all the time, picturing it, etc. !

Soooo, my problem is I'm not sure what color/leather to get. I know I want 32 with PH and the retourne style. I'm 100% casual. I will likely want to add a canvas strap, as well.

I am considering an SO and if I do that I may want to get a bi-color... not contrasting trim but just a complementary lining color. I would only want a dark-ish color for the lining ... nothing light, as I would be just too neurotic about trying to keep it clean.

So, my problem is that I really love the gold color and cannot picture what color would coordinate with it for the lining. Since the bag will likely be my one and only Kelly, I must get something neutral for the main color that I can live with for a long time, probably for the rest of my life, since I'm almost 60 now!:nuts:

I would want a leather where gold shows up dark as I like deep, rich colors.

I wear brown as my "base" color and then add other colors to it. I don't wear black, at least not very often, in this "brown phase" I'm in.

Oh, and my Evelyne is either chocolate or ebene.. we can't figure it out for sure but it is a very dark brown and I think my Kelly should be something else.

So, my questions:

1. Is there a color that would coordinate with gold that could be used for the interior? Or should I just stick with all gold? Or another color?

2. Is clemence really that much heavier that the other leathers? I have the clemence Evelyne and I love the mushiness of it but is that leather best left for the more unconstructed bags such as Picotin, Massai, etc. ? Oher leather suggestions? ... something practical!

3. I don't guess they make Kellys in Barenia these days.. right?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I figure if I am going to daydream about my Kelly, it should be in the actual color and leather!! :P

Thanks!!

Oooooh, nice :yahoo:. Is this your first Hermes bag? You are going to regret saying that it's going to be your only Kelly. You don't know how powerful the addiction of this H yet! :graucho:

1. As far as I know, color of leather interior usually goes with the exterior. Unless, there is a combo (as mentioned by hermesgroupie). I saw a potiron and gold combo and it's nice! But gold with white stitching will be perfect for your first Kelly. The color is very versatile.

2. Clemence is heavy. Epsom or Swift is light. There is also Togo leather if you like more prominent grain. Chevre can be light too and it takes in bright color very nicely (2 of my Birkins are Chevre). Box is nice too if you like smooth leather. Chamonix is another smooth leather but it's rarely seen nowadays. There are some other leathers but it depends on what texture you like.

3. Hermes still make items in Barenia leather but in toile (canvas) or horse hair (crinoline) combo. The full Barenia leather bag is heavy. This leather is very rare nowadays. If you see a Kelly in this leather, grab it quick because you are not going to see it maybe in a few years time before it appears again.

Oooooh, nice :yahoo:. Is this your first Hermes bag? You are going to regret saying that it's going to be your only Kelly. You don't know how powerful the addiction of this H yet! :graucho:

1. As far as I know, color of leather interior usually goes with the exterior. Unless, there is a combo (as mentioned by hermesgroupie). I saw a potiron and gold combo and it's nice! But gold with white stitching will be perfect for your first Kelly. The color is very versatile.

2. Clemence is heavy. Epsom or Swift is light. There is also Togo leather if you like more prominent grain. Chevre can be light too and it takes in bright color very nicely (2 of my Birkins are Chevre). Box is nice too if you like smooth leather. Chamonix is another smooth leather but it's rarely seen nowadays. There are some other leathers but it depends on what texture you like.

3. Hermes still make items in Barenia leather but in toile (canvas) or horse hair (crinoline) combo. The full Barenia leather bag is heavy. This leather is very rare nowadays. If you see a Kelly in this leather, grab it quick because you are not going to see it maybe in a few years time before it appears again.

Thanks so much for your input. I do like a grainy leather and am thinking that Togo may indeed be my best bet

The Kelly won't be my first H bag but it will be my first "big" one, if you know what I mean!! I have an Evelyne that I got at the end of 2006, that I totally love.

Thanks so much for your input. I do like a grainy leather and am thinking that Togo may indeed be my best bet

The Kelly won't be my first H bag but it will be my first "big" one, if you know what I mean!! I have an Evelyne that I got at the end of 2006, that I totally love.

Kallie Girl: You are welcome:okay:. It is always a tough decision when it comes to first Hermes 'big' purchase :yes:. After that, you will be wanting a Birkin in no time :graucho:.

Did you see the Chevre leather at H stores? If you like bright colors, Chevre will be the best leather IMO.

Oh yes, I love my Evelynes too. I use them when I go travelling. Nice bags, aren't they?

Thanks, guys, I really, really appreciate your thoughts on this. I need to make one visit to the boutique and look at colors and hopefully finally decide so at SO time, I'll be ready.

Here's a thought.... if I go with one of the dark browns for the interior should I get dark brown stitching instead of white?

Oh, soooo many decisions!!

No. I would stay with the white stitching.

Thanks, guys, I really, really appreciate your thoughts on this. I need to make one visit to the boutique and look at colors and hopefully finally decide so at SO time, I'll be ready.

Here's a thought.... if I go with one of the dark browns for the interior should I get dark brown stitching instead of white? quote]

:nogood:
The white stiching on gold is IMO what helps to make it such a lovely soft neutral.

Lots of great ideas here, I just wanted to say congratulations - it is so exciting going through this process, I'm sure the right combo will pop into your head after all the brainstorming here. Yay!