Need advice on missing package

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you refund, do a package recall. The form is on-line. You print it out, fill it in and take it to your post office. You also call the receiving post office and speak to someone there. I fax mine to the receiving post office too.

Since I use tamper tape, my items are pretty easy to spot.

If you refund, do a package recall. The form is on-line. You print it out, fill it in and take it to your post office. You also call the receiving post office and speak to someone there. I fax mine to the receiving post office too.

Since I use tamper tape, my items are pretty easy to spot.

Thanks for the advice! I am not familiar with Package recalls. Does that just mean that if the package is located it is returned to me instead of attempting to be delivered?

I did my insurance claim on-line and am hoping someone will contact me about it soon. They gave me no idea how long the claim might take, so that worries me a bit.

Yes, but not sure if they will do that since you have a claim in.

I have done it 3 times so far. One time, the item had already been delivered. So USPS went to her door and had to sign a form that she had not commitede a fraud and that she got her package.

The second time was a bag that took 13 working days to get to CO and the buyer was mad and wanted her money back.

The third time, the buyer did a chargeback before it was delivered. Took about 2 weeks to get it back.

I have done it 3 times so far. One time, the item had already been delivered. So USPS went to her door and had to sign a form that she had not commitede a fraud and that she got her package.

The second time was a bag that took 13 working days to get to CO and the buyer was mad and wanted her money back.

The third time, the buyer did a chargeback before it was delivered. Took about 2 weeks to get it back.

That's good to know! Sellers need to do that with buyers that claim they didn't receive their package. Was she trying to claim that she didn't get the package?

I have an update for my package...I called USPS this morning and the person I spoke with filed a claim for me to figure out what had happened to my package. By the end of the day, I had gotten an update that it was delivered today!
If you call their main number, press 6 on the first prompt and 4 on the second. It will direct you to an actual person instead of the (incredibly unhelpful) recorded stuff. I hope they find out what happened to your box! :hugs:

Wow, great info, that we could do this.

I have an update for my package...I called USPS this morning and the person I spoke with filed a claim for me to figure out what had happened to my package. By the end of the day, I had gotten an update that it was delivered today!
If you call their main number, press 6 on the first prompt and 4 on the second. It will direct you to an actual person instead of the (incredibly unhelpful) recorded stuff. I hope they find out what happened to your box! :hugs:

Yay!!!! So glad your package was finally delivered! I'll try calling again today, but when I spoke with them last week they seemed pretty final in the fact that the package was most definitely not at the unit or with the delivery truck :sad:

I'm going through the same thing right now and basically USPS told me I was SOL even though it was insured because it shows delivered...and at the time the package was sent there was no option for signature confirmation from Canada to the US. I'm frustratedddddd and I officially hate USPS with a passion.

^Oh no! What a horrible story. Fortunately mine has signature confirmation through Express Mail. I've always wondered who would be at fault if someone signed for it at the wrong address or if a handy man signed for it and kept the package....

Were you the sender or recipient? Paypal should side with the seller since it says delivered, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.