NASTY BUYER! sent me payment that I can't cash or need over 2 months to clear

argh. that's so annoying. i would not relist the shoes, since the buyer sounds very sincere and desperate (haha) for the shoes.

i say, wait for the payment to clear and then send her the shoes. since she paid you in a method not specified, it's only right that she, together with you have to wait and wait.

and you never know, the cheque might reach you in a week or two?

cheer up hun!

Surely, something will only take that long if it is going by a boat?? I live in Australia and it is further away than you are from the UK and nothing takes that long via surface mail and how on earth does something take 4 weeks to cash??

I told according my experience, not by guess or predict. My buyer of LV Cherry Blossom Papillon sent me traveller checks from USA and need 4 weeks to arrived here then need other 4 weeks to cash it even it's not cash yet till now.

Nah, the point, UK is more far than USA to Asia. I've purchased some LV from UK and need 4-6 weeks to arrived here.

Surely, something will only take that long if it is going by a boat?? I live in Australia and it is further away than you are from the UK and nothing takes that long via surface mail

Yes, it takes 4 weeks even 6 weeks to arrive here! I purchased many LV from UK, dear... I told you according my experience, not predict or guess, I don't like to tell about something if I'm not sure.

and how on earth does something take 4 weeks to cash??

Why you didn't believe while you aren't here and don't know how the banks here method to process the international check?? Each country has different method, dear...

i say, wait for the payment to clear and then send her the shoes. since she paid you in a method not specified, it's only right that she, together with you have to wait and wait.

and you never know, the cheque might reach you in a week or two?

cheer up hun!

I don't think if you're in my position you'd happy to wait over 2 months for payment even you don't know will it clear or not by a buyer did something disapointment? I don't think so...

she sent the cheque by surface mail? goodness, what on earth for? it's not going to cost her much to send by airmail, is it?

lvgodiva, sorry that this has happened to you. yes, it's such a pain when buyers don't abide by your auctions terms and conditions. if you don't mind a negative feedback, then go ahead and cancel the transaction, and ship the cheque back to the buyer when you do receive it.

thats really annoying that you have to wait so long for a payment. where are you located ? maybe you can ask the buyer to mutually agree withdraw the transaction since she did not obey the terms?

I say nip this right in the bud.....you posted your rules clearly and if people cannot abide by them, then tough s***!! Who has time to wait around 2 months to get what is rightfully yours...if you make this concession for her then why have payment terms/policies. Too much scamming going on for you to wait....

Anne

I would tell her you are canceling the transaction since she didn't follow the terms of payment.File with eBay and tell her you will send her check back when it arrives. Some people need to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them. If she can't follow the auction rules she shouldn't have bid.
I completly agree with Cindi - People have to get with the program or stay out of it!!!!!!!!

I would tell her you are canceling the transaction since she didn't follow the terms of payment.File with eBay and tell her you will send her check back when it arrives. Some people need to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them. If she can't follow the auction rules she shouldn't have bid.
Right on! It is so annoying when people don't follow simple directions. I had an annoying situation of my own a few weeks ago, and it resulted in me filing a dispute. Good luck.

OK, fair enough I believe you but I would not accept that as you said you stated clearly in your auction.

You mean I've not state clearly in my auction??

I stick my payment terms, read it carefully, below:

Please contact me within 48 hours after auction ended and clear the payment within 36 hours. Banker Draft ( bank check ), Bank Wire ( bank to bank transfer ) and MoneyBookers ( you'll be able use your credit card with this method ) are acceptable. Sorry, I can't accept PayPal for this time as PayPal service just avalaible for my country and I can send money only, not request or receive money.

Buyer responsible for their bank fees & shipping cost.

Please read my terms carefully since I won't re-list item and go to mutual agreement by misread my terms reason.

So, did you read or find I mention I'll accept check, dear? Tell me if you find.

If I didn't list check as payment method, it mean I can't accept nor buyer should ask me before, right?

thats really annoying that you have to wait so long for a payment. where are you located ? maybe you can ask the buyer to mutually agree withdraw the transaction since she did not obey the terms?

I've told her, I never knew there's one seller on the world will happy if their buyer didn't follow the terms then come with over 2 months payment even not sure if that payment can be clear :Push:

Frankly, it's okay for me if she didn't follow my terms then she'd effort another payment as fast as the method I listed but infact, she gave me unlcear check!

I received her response today and said check is on the air and ask me ( again, again & again ) to wait & be patient :Push:

Ooh thi is business field, nobody will glad to do it unless there's agreement before...