Workplace Napping at work

meganfm

O.G.
Oct 14, 2008
Has anyone done it?

I snuck off to our "relaxation room" at work once after a terribly boring meeting which I almost fell asleep in to take a nap during my lunch break. My boss was worried about me when I came back because I normally tell her where I'm going-and she killed herself laughing when I told her I'd gone to take a nap. It was probably my most productive afternoon ever!

I often take a short nap in the middle of the day, but I'll wager I'm quite a bit older than most of the young ladies on this forum.

I have a private office so it's easy to stretch out on the couch. One day my PA told me I was snoring...that was a bit embarrassing!

ditto - i wish i could.
when i first started i made a comment to my boss that i was really tired ( i think i was dealing with new house stuff at the time) so she said to me "well then go ahead and put your head down on your desk for awhile and take a nap". uhhhhh i'm sure if i did that now she'd think i was nuts. she's the type of person to say "oh yes, you can take a sick day if you're not really sick" and then get soooooo mad at you if you actually do it.

a relaxation room would be SO NICE!!!
around 2-3 in the afternoon i am dying for a nap.

I am the type that cannot nap unless I am in an actual bed so I have never done it, but I used to work with a colleague who would nap sitting up in her chair at her desk. She fell asleep in the break room during lunch a few times as well. It was never frowned on, someone would just wake her up after awhile. LOL

heheh.. I nap everyday on my lunch hour in my car.. lol. We have no break room/ relaxation room at work.. so I'm either off spending $$ at the mall close by, running errands or napping. I prefer to nap.. it saves me $$.. :P

I work at a medical facility, so most people on the non-management floor don't have any desk or space of their own, hence the relaxation room. I have a desk, but not an office, so I would feel uncomfortable napping where other people could see me.

I am not a napper but I have slept on the couch in the boardroom before when I've been sick. One time I went to rest at lunch and told them to come and get me if I wasn't back by 1pm. I woke up at 3:30! They didn't have the heart to wake me as they knew I was quite sick.

Thankfully no one had the boardroom booked.

I wish I could! today was so busy I didn't even get a chance to take a break..clients back to back..

when I worked for a doctor he would schedule fifteen to thirty minute appt where it's actually just him sleeping I mean napping in one of the patient rooms.

but to be fair he works six days out of the week--five full and one half--between three offices so three different city he travels..and it's his practice..starts early as 8am to late as 8pm sometimes

the nap always rejuvenates him and he's big on naps for your health..

I just wish I had time to...

This sounds gross, but I know that there are people at my work who actually nap in the bathroom stalls. Google it, there's all types of tips and tricks on how to use a roll of toilet paper as a pillow, LOL