Name this Vintage Hermes

That's a pretty neat bag, and I personally think $250 is dirt cheap considering that a new Hermes bag with that much structure (I assume it's lined in leather, not fabric?) would cost anywhere from $5K +++.
No idea of the name of it, but I would guess it's from the 1960s. Do you have any idea of its age, or what the blind stamp is?

Also, what sort of damage or issues is it described as having, other than the pen marks inside? I ask because of course that makes a difference as to the cost of making it "right".
I have also been told by Claude that they don't remove stains, etc., from the interior of bags, so your decision might end up being whether you can live with ink on the inside of the bag permanently. And, of course, whether you like vintage bags in the first place.

That's a pretty neat bag, and I personally think $250 is dirt cheap considering that a new Hermes bag with that much structure (I assume it's lined in leather, not fabric?) would cost anywhere from $5K +++.
No idea of the name of it, but I would guess it's from the 1960s. Do you have any idea of its age, or what the blind stamp is?

Also, what sort of damage or issues is it described as having, other than the pen marks inside? I ask because of course that makes a difference as to the cost of making it "right".
I have also been told by Claude that they don't remove stains, etc., from the interior of bags, so your decision might end up being whether you can live with ink on the inside of the bag permanently. And, of course, whether you like vintage bags in the first place.

It is lined in beige leather. I don't see a picture of a blindstamp, but there is Hermes Paris stamped on the front and Hermes written on the hardware. The back and handles have darkened, which is natural since it's a white bag. The corners show wear. I do love vintage bags though, and the clasp on this one is, to me, unique and vaguely futuristic looking.

Attachments

• hermes back.jpg
    hermes back.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 25