Name That MJ Bag!

Hi. This is a recent find. It looks vintage but can't find any info on it. Can anyone give me a name and time period sold? It looks like a wristlet but the huge metal ring is throwing me!
Thanks in advance for taking a peek. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20231114_222348.jpg
    20231114_222348.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231114_222301.jpg
    20231114_222301.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231114_222405.jpg
    20231114_222405.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231114_222307.jpg
    20231114_222307.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 1
has anyone seen this “cursive logo” before
I've definitely seen it before and believe it was called "signature logo" on tags. The only thing is, I've seen it as part of the mbmj costume jewellery line in the old stores but, I've never seen it on a bag irl. However, I have seen it on bags on ebay, so it's possible I missed these collections when they were in store.
One of the hardest things with MJ is how often the official logo has changed.

Reactions: Jktgal and Molly0
I've definitely seen it before and believe it was called "signature logo" on tags. The only thing is, I've seen it as part of the mbmj costume jewellery line in the old stores but, I've never seen it on a bag irl. However, I have seen it on bags on ebay, so it's possible I missed these collections when they were in store.
One of the hardest things with MJ is how often the official logo has changed.
Thanks for your reply !
I’m just lovin the double flap and the smooth calf leather! You don’t see many double flaps outside of Chanel. I’m thinking it’s maybe 10 (or more?) years old ? I guess it will just remain a mystery for now.

• Insightful
Reactions: jblended
Thanks for your reply !
I’m just lovin the double flap and the smooth calf leather! You don’t see many double flaps outside of Chanel. I’m thinking it’s maybe 10 (or more?) years old ? I guess it will just remain a mystery for now.
It is a lovely bag! :smile:
More than 10 years old, I'd say. A decade ago was around when the nameplates were on his bags. Hopefully someone who is more familiar will chime in and give you a better answer.
I would be inclined to think it's authentic, only because, if someone was to dupe MBMJ bags, they'd choose a style that's more popular and with the better known/more recognizable logos (like they currently do with the snapshot bag and double-J logo).

• Love
Reactions: Molly0
Hello! Does anyone know what this one is called? It's got a small Marc by Marc Jacobs nameplate and I believe I bought it in 2015 or 2016 from a big department store but I just don't know what it is! Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_8664.jpg
    IMG_8664.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 7