Name That MJ Bag!

Hi all, does anyone know the name of this bag or what year it came out? I absolutely love the texture of it but I've got too many tan bags so hoping to find it in a different color!

Hi all, does anyone know the name of this bag or what year it came out? I absolutely love the texture of it but I've got too many tan bags so hoping to find it in a different color!
I can't answer your question as to the name of the bag but I can say if you're looking for a style of MJ, you're better off looking at all of the MJ bags because sellers often don't know the correct name of the bag they're listing. I've seen so many bags called "Blake" that aren't blake or Sophia whatever. So if you take the time to look though all the MJ bags you might find someone selling what you want who doesn't know the correct name. GL

• Insightful
Reactions: jblended

Jumbo Waves Wrath from Fall/Winter 2009. Comes in a beautiful grey and black if I recall correctly.

• Love
Reactions: Jktgal and jblended
Multipocket. Looks like the small, in denim. Please send that straight to my house, lol!
Lol I just received it in mail and thank you. I was wondering if that was actually the color. I believe this is similar to the bag they make a fuss about in the movie The Devil Wears Prada but my understanding is that one was larger and had gold hardware. This is pretty nonetheless!

Reactions: tln
You are exactly right, I think. The DWP version caused a huge frenzy back in the day, and made many MJ fans! I happen to prefer yours. I think you scored, big time. Enjoy! :smile:
I actually have the Prada bag that Meryl Streep is carrying in the opening scene of the movie, which is one of the crown jewels of my collection. I rewatched the movie recently bc I wanted to introduce it to my daughter and thougt it would be fun to find that MJ bag from movie too. I realize movie came out 17 years ago (crazy!) and it's unlikely to find the exact one but I found some old threads discussing the color of bag in move to be "denim". Wasn't sure if this was that color or not as I don't know much about MJ bags. I would have liked the larger size with gold but I guess this is close enough and actually think the silver looks good with this color and will coordinate better with what I would wear bag with. Plus it was so inexpensive and in pretty good shape, so no complaints here. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: tln and sdkitty
You are exactly right, I think. The DWP version caused a huge frenzy back in the day, and made many MJ fans! I happen to prefer yours. I think you scored, big time. Enjoy! :smile:
glad there's still someone here to answer questions...some of the people who were very active on this subforum back in the day have been gone for years :sad: