MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2)

Looking at the new collection, I am obsessed with the gemstone iridescent color. I want it in Metro medium tote because the one I have is the older version and doesn’t have the back pockets. I think the back pocket would be quite useful for traveling. But they don’t even make the medium in this color (at least I don’t see it online), which is such a bummer…

Here is my dilemma… I already have the older version in boysenberry which is also in the purple-ish family. I know it would be redundant to get the same style bag in the same purple family, but I really love the color. My current choices are:

1. Get the mini metro tote deluxe version
2. Get the micro Sutton
3. Wait and see if they will make the medium in this color
4. Get the medium deluxe in Anthracite another color I love

What would you do? I’d appreciate any thoughts!

Last edited:
Reactions: nova_girl
Looking at the new collection, I am obsessed with the gemstone iridescent color. I want it in Metro medium tote because the one I have is the older version and doesn’t have the back pockets. I think the back pocket would be quite useful for traveling. But they don’t even make the medium in this color (at least I don’t see it online), which is such a bummer…

Here is my dilemma… I already have the older version in boysenberry which is also in the purple-ish family. I know it would be redundant to get the same style bag in the same purple family, but I really love the color. My current choices are:

1. Get the mini metro tote deluxe version
2. Get the micro Sutton
3. Wait and see if they will make the medium in this color
4. Get the medium deluxe in Anthracite another color I love

What would you do? I’d appreciate any thoughts!
That is a tough one. Which style would you wear the most?

That is a tough one. Which style would you wear the most?
I would probably want the metro medium deluxe the most for work/travel (so, do I wait and hope they release gemstone iridescent or get it in Anthracite?).

I probably have enough mini bags, but the mini metro tote doesn’t seem that mini at all…

All this plus I have the MZW points that expire tomorrow…

What a dilemma!

I’ve been obsessed with the gemstone color too. I’m afraid that I won’t like it as much IRL. I’m looking at the micro Sutton which is a perfect size for me.

Have you compared the small metro deluxe to the medium? They don’t seem to be too different size wise 11x8.5x10.5 vs 11.5x9,5x12.5. If the color is a must have I’d go for the small deluxe metro. If size is a dealbreaker I’d go for the medium deluxe metro in anthracite. The anthracite will probably be a lot more durable for travel and might look more professional for work(depending on what you do).The gemstone color has the least amount of options available in styles which it’s hard to know if they will release more styles. I[d be inclined to think they would release all the styles in a specific color at the same time. I don’t know how their points work but I’d ask them if you buy something using them and you decide to return the it‘em if they points are lost or would they be reissued to you.

Hope u are feeling better already. Sorry to hear about the hip. Take care ~ yes abstinence really help lol I'm buying cheaper and less often too. I feel obligated to sell if I buy and selling is a hassle.

I like the dawn Madison more than tortoise. Especially for a stylish type of work bag.
Thank you ms p for your kind wishes and for sharing your personal shopping wisdom.

The Small Madison is a cutie.... especially with the quilts....

If I get something to justify my birthday, as of now, I will get either a piece in Tortoise or the Small Madison bag.... or a backpack.... will definitely choose one item instead of buying the three.... decisions, decisions, decisions....

Last edited:
Reactions: ms p
I hope you feel better soon. I have been trying to sell older things before buying new things. Your idea is less of a hassle.
Thank you kindly dcooney4. It’s wise to sell versus not sell.... I have sold a few MZWs, and as well, instead of buying gifts, I have given many of my MZW bags to my family, and they have loved every single piece... I love the feeling of knowing they like their MZWs as much as I do. They are such great bags!!!

About my new shopping habit, I am appreciating the feeling of thinking “I don’t truly need anything, because I have everything”....and buying what I need only....this is a new mindset for me... I hope I can make this habit a lifestyle....

Reactions: estrie and ms p
I’ve been obsessed with the gemstone color too. I’m afraid that I won’t like it as much IRL. I’m looking at the micro Sutton which is a perfect size for me.

Have you compared the small metro deluxe to the medium? They don’t seem to be too different size wise 11x8.5x10.5 vs 11.5x9,5x12.5. If the color is a must have I’d go for the small deluxe metro. If size is a dealbreaker I’d go for the medium deluxe metro in anthracite. The anthracite will probably be a lot more durable for travel and might look more professional for work(depending on what you do).The gemstone color has the least amount of options available in styles which it’s hard to know if they will release more styles. I[d be inclined to think they would release all the styles in a specific color at the same time. I don’t know how their points work but I’d ask them if you buy something using them and you decide to return the it‘em if they points are lost or would they be reissued to you.
I spoke to a rep on the chat and they said there are no current plans to release it in any other styles. What a bummer!

I want the medium because of the back pocket. Small one doesn't have it, at least not according to the pictures. I am leaning towards Anthracite also, even though I love the gemstone color so so much. Like you said, Anthracite color might be more versatile.

It's a fun dilemma to have... The Metro totes are just so useful!

I would probably want the metro medium deluxe the most for work/travel (so, do I wait and hope they release gemstone iridescent or get it in Anthracite?).

I probably have enough mini bags, but the mini metro tote doesn’t seem that mini at all…

All this plus I have the MZW points that expire tomorrow…

What a dilemma!
Anthracite is stunning but if you are stuck on gemstone get the Mini Metro.

6B155E65-2B9A-440F-A86C-1EEE7EAF087E.jpeg

Animal print rec medium metro tote deluxe, pearl metallic med link pouch, yellow leopard flat metro key pouch, punch regular large metro link pouch and black rec city metro backpack. All of the things I don't have but have been curious about. Hoping the backpack is good for work, I needed a new work backpack. I really wanted a medium tote deluxe for work, I like the animal print (not love) and think it would be a great travel bag with that travel sleeve. I already have the jimmy which is great, but isn't as big as I thought it would be.

Did you get anything ms p? anyone else? I just got into MZ this year and been picking things up here and there on poshmark etc. Really happy with the brand-I used to carry more kipling and I still think they are great, but I just kind of got sick of them. I have some arthritis in both shoulders so I am now very aware of bag weight.

Reactions: estrie and dcooney4
Animal print rec medium metro tote deluxe, pearl metallic med link pouch, yellow leopard flat metro key pouch, punch regular large metro link pouch and black rec city metro backpack. All of the things I don't have but have been curious about. Hoping the backpack is good for work, I needed a new work backpack. I really wanted a medium tote deluxe for work, I like the animal print (not love) and think it would be a great travel bag with that travel sleeve. I already have the jimmy which is great, but isn't as big as I thought it would be.

Did you get anything ms p? anyone else? I just got into MZ this year and been picking things up here and there on poshmark etc. Really happy with the brand-I used to carry more kipling and I still think they are great, but I just kind of got sick of them. I have some arthritis in both shoulders so I am now very aware of bag weight.

Great pick :heart: I was considering the metro city backpack too. Decide to try the black small Madison backpack instead since I have the Bowery backpack already for a larger size backpack.

I still look at Kipling. I just love good quality nylon bags with pockets lol.

Reactions: dcooney4
I just got the kipling delia backpack or I would have gotten the madison backpack. I bought the small bowery crossbody in mulberry and the black bowery belt bag. I probably will never wear it as a belt bag , but it looks cute.

Reactions: JenJBS