MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2)

I bought a black metro pouch with points a while back, thinking it would be handy for when I need to travel with or carry papers. I have only used it once so far , to carry a book to an author signing! One drawback is that the zipper opening makes it not quite wide enough to put file folders in. The price is nice, and you could also use it as a large clutch.

I use my metro pouch as a knitting bag - it's just the right size!

How do you guys use the metro pouch?

Night Garden reminds me of this painting for some reason http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/459112 Keep in mind I flat out do not get art or museums (don't have the knowledge it seems), but since MZW describes the print as romantic I suppose maybe the print being super plant oriented... is... romantic....? Which is not what Renoir was according to the internet. Anyway, I'm really usually not into flowery prints but now I own that peachy rose Mother's Day metro (we've used it every weekend trip) and am pondering something/anything in night shade, it's weird. Like an SNL skit in which a Brie Larson character about to have a baby develops all this mom sense like using potpourri and ocean themes in bathrooms.

It's a good ipad holder. Wish it held file folders. Haha! Love that SNL concept!! You're right about the print. I love art museums and it does remind me of several paintings I've seen. I got my Venice Tote and like it. Here's a pic of the print.

IMG_1500893902.330593.jpg

How do you guys use the metro pouch?

Night Garden reminds me of this painting for some reason http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/459112 Keep in mind I flat out do not get art or museums (don't have the knowledge it seems), but since MZW describes the print as romantic I suppose maybe the print being super plant oriented... is... romantic....? Which is not what Renoir was according to the internet. Anyway, I'm really usually not into flowery prints but now I own that peachy rose Mother's Day metro (we've used it every weekend trip) and am pondering something/anything in night shade, it's weird. Like an SNL skit in which a Brie Larson character about to have a baby develops all this mom sense like using potpourri and ocean themes in bathrooms.

I use mine when I travel--held all our passports and other important docs on our trip. I'd just put that directly in the hotel room safe each time we checked in. I use it for my KINDLE and iPad as well.

Wanted to report back on the bags I got that were new shapes.

Thompson- what a waste of a bag. Its like a small mia but with less organization. No back zipper (aka smooth backside) and the front pockets are too small for a phone. With the hobo being out, that's your best bet.

Thompson satchel. I like this bag, but decided after a day its not love and is going back. I feel like the nubuck will rub off on everything, and the strap drop is small like a baby jane, which will be a problem over a coat. My phone did fit in the side slip pockets, so that was a plus.

Finally crosby tote (i've christened it Totsby) is love. This is a great n/s bag if you have a medium/large but not extra large amount to carry. A pocket for everything and the straps are very comfy. Also comes with every crosby strap imagineable (chain, cross body, long shoulder).

My one complaint is we need more colors of crosby. I am not a floral lover (whomever said it is like your grandmother's couch I am in 100% agreement) and black is the only color right now for traveler and Totsby. I got rid of my regular size crosby and have the small crosby (Smosby) in gull grey, so i just need to get the other two in other colors. Really wish they did spectrum for the crosby.

Thompson satchel. I like this bag, but decided after a day its not love and is going back. I feel like the nubuck will rub off on everything, and the strap drop is small like a baby jane, which will be a problem over a coat. My phone did fit in the side slip pockets, so that was a plus.
With that short handle drop on the satchel, I would expect the nubuck to discolor due to body moisture/oils if shoulder carried in warm weather, sleeveless and short sleeves. I wonder what they were thinking with the lack of usable pockets in the Thompsons.

Reactions: ms p
With that short handle drop on the satchel, I would expect the nubuck to discolor due to body moisture/oils if shoulder carried in warm weather, sleeveless and short sleeves. I wonder what they were thinking with the lack of usable pockets in the Thompsons.

Agreed. The outer pockets are my favorite features on the MZW bags. Frankie has pockets for my phone and work id, and the smaller ones for metro card/keys. Same with Jane, abbey tote, Crosby line. I actually love the crosby traveler the most because it has the outer pockets for phone/work ID and the smaller zips for phone/metro card.

With phones getting bigger in size they need to change the pockets to fit them. I feel like we will be seeing a lot of the thompson styles on sale.

Someone in the FB group said Totsby and Clara were the most popular of the new bags.

Reactions: USCGirlie

Thompson- what a waste of a bag. Its like a small mia but with less organization. No back zipper (aka smooth backside) and the front pockets are too small for a phone. With the hobo being out, that's your best bet.

Finally crosby tote (i've christened it Totsby) is love. This is a great n/s bag if you have a medium/large but not extra large amount to carry. A pocket for everything and the straps are very comfy. Also comes with every crosby strap imagineable (chain, cross body, long shoulder).

My one complaint is we need more colors of crosby. I am not a floral lover (whomever said it is like your grandmother's couch I am in 100% agreement) and black is the only color right now for traveler and Totsby. I got rid of my regular size crosby and have the small crosby (Smosby) in gull grey, so i just need to get the other two in other colors. Really wish they did spectrum for the crosby.

Glad you found one winner in the bunch! The tote sounds great. Yes, more colors! Probably, now that the line is selling so well, this is in the works.
Thompson looks like one of those one and done lines to me... Bring back Mia and Alice in place of those two you tried!
Thanks for the reviews! Enjoy your tote!

Great summary, thanks!

Just curious, why did you choose to keep Totsby over Regsby? Was it simply because for a horizontal orientation you prefer Travsby and having both in black was too much? Would you say capacity is about the same in Totsby and Regbsy?

A hearty second to your call for more Crosby colours. A rich wine colour and camo would be my votes!

Great summary, thanks!

Just curious, why did you choose to keep Totsby over Regsby? Was it simply because for a horizontal orientation you prefer Travsby and having both in black was too much? Would you say capacity is about the same in Totsby and Regbsy?

A hearty second to your call for more Crosby colours. A rich wine colour and camo would be my votes!
Thats a great question. I originally bought Crosby as a vacation bag. I used on a cruise in January and it does get slightly bulky with the strap drop if you fill completely. I used Smosby on a two and a half week trip around Europe and it was the perfect size. Wore crossbody most of the time and fit my camera (was able to clip on an extra lens in a pouch to change into). Had the chain strap for shoulder carry. Since I didnt really carry crosby as an everyday bag it had to go. Totsby is great for work. Lots of pockets and very comfy on the shoulder.

I want to get traveler in a different color (maybe dawn when it is back in stock).