my workplace is a cold cold world.

^^^ WOW super gutsy on your part. I am so happy for you! It has really been inspiring to hear your story! So glad your life has made a change for the positive. And that your interview experiences went so well. I am in the midst of a job search and I must admit I have become comfortable and complacent in my job, but really need to leave to be closer to my family and in a better geographic location.

I think you are so right about bad jobs killing you I've seen it happen to friends and I saw it happen to my father. My heart goes out to anyone who is in an unhappy work situation, it really does kill the soul! I am so glad to hear that you were brave enough to face the challenge and take care of yourself!!!

you're very welcome. i was SOOO miserable at my job, the ppl were unprofessional, rude, unmotivated and have been with the company forever. i was dreading to go to work everyday, and when i'm there i'd get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and plus i was pretty much in tears everyday, there was alot of bullying and unfair treatment, although i was in a junior management position. and the company i worked for was a very large company. and since i decided to quit my job, i feel like i've rediscovered myself again, i was happy, positive and confident. i think bad jobs can really 'kill' you emotionally and mentally. i hope you will find something you're happier with. i know quitting was the only way that i could really get out there and actively look for a job, by no means i'm encouraging you to do the same. i hope you will be happier somewhere else, i am not expecting to find a job i love, but at least i want a workplace where ppl are not cold hearted rude stupid b(#tches. good luck!!! hang in there.

You described exactly what I'm going through right now. Since our stories are so similar, I do have faith that things will get better once I get out of this work place. I feel the same... it's not that I need a "perfect" working enviornment, but at least kind people who are professional and NOT rude. Is that too much to ask for?! Thank you again for your post, you don't know how much better this has made me feel! :flowers:

update: the last couple weeks has been a blast, i have had some really wonderful job searching experiences so far. I have 5 interviews this week and received a "verbal", not official offer yesterday. On friday, I'm going back to a company for a second/final interview. So, i think i will start working very shortly!!!! quitting my miserable job was the best decision i've ever made, and meeting some wonderful ppl during my job search experience has restored my faith in mankind. professional, intelligent and nice ppl do exist!!

Fabulous update...great news!!! :tup:

^^^ WOW super gutsy on your part. I am so happy for you! It has really been inspiring to hear your story! So glad your life has made a change for the positive. And that your interview experiences went so well. I am in the midst of a job search and I must admit I have become comfortable and complacent in my job, but really need to leave to be closer to my family and in a better geographic location.

I think you are so right about bad jobs killing you I've seen it happen to friends and I saw it happen to my father. My heart goes out to anyone who is in an unhappy work situation, it really does kill the soul! I am so glad to hear that you were brave enough to face the challenge and take care of yourself!!!

yes, i feel like i've been reborn, i've rediscovered my old self that i didn't think was still alive. it's quite scary.

i had been thinking about quitting for the longest time, and finally just decided i had to go, otherwise i was gonna die. i had prepared for the worst, if i wasn't able to find anything, i was prepared to work at mcdonalds or wherever that was gonna take me, even 2 or 3 part time jobs to make ends meet. especially after i decided to quit, the amount of positive feedback i received from some of the ppl that had worked with me and some of my previous managers was really heartwarming, and i felt that even if i couldn't find something right away, i can climb my way up again becuase i am a really good and hard working person.

You described exactly what I'm going through right now. Since our stories are so similar, I do have faith that things will get better once I get out of this work place. I feel the same... it's not that I need a "perfect" working enviornment, but at least kind people who are professional and NOT rude. Is that too much to ask for?! Thank you again for your post, you don't know how much better this has made me feel! :flowers:

no problem!! best of luck, if you're feeling really down and need someone to talk to or when you do find a better environment, be sure to let me know. I will be here to cheer you on!