My thoughts on Pricescope

I am also a dual member. I have been one there since 02, then I came back as a new screenname in 04 (03?) after ending a relationship with my ex and shedding my screen name and all that went with it (including those rings). I was a regular poster for a while and then I had a LONG hiatus from there. That's all I will say about that.

Presently, I try to avoid that RockyTalky section, in part, because of the constant advertiser/vendor buttsniffing that goes on that makes me nuts. I will read in there sometimes, but not as often as I do in other sections. The best part of that board for me is the SMTR e-ring thread that is like 300 pages long can keep me entertained at work for weeks on end. I keep it open in one tab of my browser and just go from start to finish. Then I do the same in the celebrity thread. Then I start over again! It is AMAZING how that place has evolved and grown over the last 10 years.

I will say that PS is what got me to go get ACTUALLY educated. What I learned there wasn't enough for me, I wanted the real deal. I am kind of a nerd that way, I like to learn things that are of interest to me. I did some cosmetology school while in college (college was non-negotiable for my parents!) and quit after the coloring section (lol!), I did my GIA not long after I met DH, at his gentle nudging. I actually almost did use that education for good and for a living. But I hate sales. Hate. I fail at retail.

Last edited:
I'm not into rose gold and old-cut diamonds, so I can't be one of the cool kids on Pricescope right now. Plus I'm too much of a brand-whore.

The style of jewelry that I like is not generally featured or appreciated there. My upgrade will be set in a very simple and modern low bezel-set solitaire (think Tiffany Bezet), and I read that particular setting described as "ugly" there. Plus it will be paired with a channel-set eternity band, and channel-set is another unpopular style of setting there.
Please post a pic when you have it made...love to see the finished product!