My thoughts on Pricescope

fayewolf

O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I've always like to come do my research here on purseforum, and it is from here where I discovered pricescope. I felt like I want to express how I feel about that site and how much I love TPF better here!

First of all, the people on pricescope are incredibly nice and helpful. I never wouldve learned that cut is the SO important, it is what creates the sparkle in diamond. I've always thought flawless, color. In reality, i'm quite colorblinded up to a certain color grade! :smile:
I wouldve never know what hearts and arrow is, and how amazing those stones are :smile:
i also discovered alot of online retailers which opened up loads of options while doing research, before, I've only heard of blue nile.

With all that said, recently, i've been researching about half eternity rings, DBYT and diamond stud earrings. When I do a search on pricescope, nearly every post where people ask about Tiffany, they will always tell them to go online and buy (white flash and brian gavin being the most popular). I think it is important to be well informed and one makes a decision based on the info you learned.

I've always been the one who looks for the best deal of everything. I will go out of my way, jump through loops to get the same item cheaper, even if it means putting alot more effort in. However, after thoroughly researched all my options, and now that i'm all grown up and can afford it, for the ring and DBYT, I went with Tiffany. I like their workmanship, i like the service I get, I like the whole package. Nope, no one will say, wow, your ring is gorgeous, where did you get it from? It's not that. It just that it makes ME happy and that's all it matter. I felt like most people posting question on there, people will respond like "with that money, you can go with much bigger rock on BGD, or you can buy 3 rings and wear them at the same time with change".

Also, they have a strange obsession with BDG. I got my earrings from them. They are gorgeous. But they all say how sweet and amazing Lesley is, I'm not sure if it's because they are buying big ticket items. But the CS i got from her is average. It's good, don't get me wrong, they are nice, responds to my email, but it's not AMAZING, out of this world like how they describe on pricescope.

On the other hand, when I search or post questions here, I find less of that "if you buy from cartier or tiffany, it's a rip off, you're buying the name" attitude. People seem like they get it here , that some people enjoy the whole experience and CS etc. Does this make sense?

I wanted to say this for a long time, but not sure if it's appropriate to address how i felt here. But i just want to let it out here and tell you all how awesome you guys are here!!!

Reactions: Kfka_btsea
Hello Fayewolf, I adore pricescope too but decided to move on for my own sanity. Its hard not to get caught up in the trends that spread on pricescope. I was seriously lusting after an August Vintage cushion from GOG and it just wasn't healthy. I secretly LOVE Tiffanys but never dared to say so on Pricescope. I remember a former PS member that loved Tiffany jewelry that was torn apart by Pricescope. Its funny that you mention Brian Gavin Diamonds. I purchased my e-ring from him when he was still with Whiteflash. I love it but could have gotten a similar stone from elsewhere. I also ordered my Bezels studs from Brian due to PS influence. He has great stones but the setting seem rather bulky. I love Pricescope but plan on moving over to the Purse Forum :smile:

Reactions: Kfka_btsea
Hello Fayewolf, I adore pricescope too but decided to move on for my own sanity. Its hard not to get caught up in the trends that spread on pricescope. I was seriously lusting after an August Vintage cushion from GOG and it just wasn't healthy. I secretly LOVE Tiffanys but never dared to say so on Pricescope. I remember a former PS member that loved Tiffany jewelry that was torn apart by Pricescope. Its funny that you mention Brian Gavin Diamonds. I purchased my e-ring from him when he was still with Whiteflash. I love it but could have gotten a similar stone from elsewhere. I also ordered my Bezels studs from Brian due to PS influence. He has great stones but the setting seem rather bulky. I love Pricescope but plan on moving over to the Purse Forum :smile:
I'm glad I am not alone!!!

Hi!

I feel like discussing another forum so publicly like this is a little inappropriate to be honest :-s
I am a member at both, like both and can understand opinions on them - good or bad.

Can I request that we don't get overly critical about PS? I am not saying anyone has! Just being proactive :biggrin:

I LOVE that you are happy w/ your experience on tPF!! :choochoo:

Hi!

I feel like discussing another forum so publicly like this is a little inappropriate to be honest :-s
I am a member at both, like both and can understand opinions on them - good or bad.

Can I request that we don't get overly critical about PS? I am not saying anyone has! Just being proactive :biggrin:

That's true... My bad :P

I laughed when I saw cerise's comments. Everyone is so helpful and supportive at pricescope it's hard not to get sucked in.

I also agree that the tPF members are awesome. Love the support and wisdom shared here. :P

Hi!

I agree! Pricescope is a wonderful and resourceful community. I have been a loyal Pser for years but defiantly needed to take a break. I got caught up in the never ending reset cycle and it was vicious. I will probably go back sooner or later

I like diamonds but they aren't my big thing, so for me PS can be a valuable resource, but not an obsession. There is a lot of knowledge there on very specific topics. I actually like the importance they place on quality and value over brand name. They are extremely loyal to their favored brands however, and when I had a problem with one of the I felt I could not discuss it there.

I'm not into rose gold and old-cut diamonds, so I can't be one of the cool kids on Pricescope right now. Plus I'm too much of a brand-whore.

The style of jewelry that I like is not generally featured or appreciated there. My upgrade will be set in a very simple and modern low bezel-set solitaire (think Tiffany Bezet), and I read that particular setting described as "ugly" there. Plus it will be paired with a channel-set eternity band, and channel-set is another unpopular style of setting there.

Last edited:
I've always like to come do my research here on purseforum, and it is from here where I discovered pricescope. I felt like I want to express how I feel about that site and how much I love TPF better here!

First of all, the people on pricescope are incredibly nice and helpful. I never wouldve learned that cut is the SO important, it is what creates the sparkle in diamond. I've always thought flawless, color. In reality, i'm quite colorblinded up to a certain color grade! :smile:
I wouldve never know what hearts and arrow is, and how amazing those stones are :smile:
i also discovered alot of online retailers which opened up loads of options while doing research, before, I've only heard of blue nile.

With all that said, recently, i've been researching about half eternity rings, DBYT and diamond stud earrings. When I do a search on pricescope, nearly every post where people ask about Tiffany, they will always tell them to go online and buy (white flash and brian gavin being the most popular). I think it is important to be well informed and one makes a decision based on the info you learned.

I've always been the one who looks for the best deal of everything. I will go out of my way, jump through loops to get the same item cheaper, even if it means putting alot more effort in. However, after thoroughly researched all my options, and now that i'm all grown up and can afford it, for the ring and DBYT, I went with Tiffany. I like their workmanship, i like the service I get, I like the whole package. Nope, no one will say, wow, your ring is gorgeous, where did you get it from? It's not that. It just that it makes ME happy and that's all it matter. I felt like most people posting question on there, people will respond like "with that money, you can go with much bigger rock on BGD, or you can buy 3 rings and wear them at the same time with change".

Also, they have a strange obsession with BDG. I got my earrings from them. They are gorgeous. But they all say how sweet and amazing Lesley is, I'm not sure if it's because they are buying big ticket items. But the CS i got from her is average. It's good, don't get me wrong, they are nice, responds to my email, but it's not AMAZING, out of this world like how they describe on pricescope.

On the other hand, when I search or post questions here, I find less of that "if you buy from cartier or tiffany, it's a rip off, you're buying the name" attitude. People seem like they get it here , that some people enjoy the whole experience and CS etc. Does this make sense?

I wanted to say this for a long time, but not sure if it's appropriate to address how i felt here. But i just want to let it out here and tell you all how awesome you guys are here!!!

well said! :tup:

I am a member of both,too. I like this forum and Pricescope for different reasons. I do find that I tend to get sucked into trends over there,too. Although, I was into rose gold before it was even popular on Pricescope. And,I,too, have been lusting after a GOG AVC!!

I enjoy this forum more for finished jewelry and the brands that are featured and everyone is soooo nice here.
Pricescope has wonderful eye candy as already mentioned and a wealth of info on diamonds, colored stones, settings etc!

I love both!!

I am also a member of both. I think Pricescope is a great resource and people are very helpful. I have learned a lot from there. But your are right they definitely do not like brand name jewelry, and will tell you to try online vendor if you ever mention that you are thinking of buying from a b&m store. Well, it understandable i guess, the website is supported by its associated vendors.

Another observation, might not be true, is that people seem to get lower grade stones to maximize on the size at pricescope . It could be that the members are very educated and they can pick out eye clean quality stones despite being lower grade sometimes.

Here at purse forum there are more balanced feedbacks, and the quality/grade of stones seem to be higher. Just my impression. Both forums are great and I am very appreciative of the people who take their times to answer my questions :smile: