My strap won't patina?? Please help :(

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
My noe bb is about a year old and I haven't even used it that much. The vachetta on the purse itself has got the most beautiful patina, however the strap is still so light!! I noticed pretty early on that the purse was darkening at a different rate to the strap so I've been putting just the strap itself out in the sun but it just won't darken!!! Why is this happening and what can I do?!!!

There's even a fixed loop on the strap that has darkened to the same colour as the purse but the rest remains super light. Has anyone else had this happen???!

20201108_075142.jpg

Our store manager told me, that just like our skins, the skins of the cows also tan differently from one to another. So there might be differences. And that some products might use skin from more than one cow. But this is a very noticable variance.

The same thing happened one of my Rivoli MM one of the handles would not patina i took it back to the store they said it was a defect and they are replacing all the vachetta for me.
Wow really?! I will take it in but the thought of starting the whole patina process all over again.... Argh

The same thing happened one of my Rivoli MM one of the handles would not patina i took it back to the store they said it was a defect and they are replacing all the vachetta for me.

I just carried my Rivoli MM today and noticed that the back handle remained higher than the front handle. I wondered about this most of the day after that! So the store said that it was a defect? Which store was this, in the event that I get push-back, as this just seems so odd to me. TIA! :smile:

Curious what the OP ended up doing? One of the chaps on my speedy b will not patina no matter what and it looks almost like it is cracking. I took it in and emailed pics and was told it would eventually patina...

Attachments

• 3D8B288C-3858-4789-AD18-53B0CC6E8A97.jpeg
    3D8B288C-3858-4789-AD18-53B0CC6E8A97.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Strep2031
I just carried my Rivoli MM today and noticed that the back handle remained higher than the front handle. I wondered about this most of the day after that! So the store said that it was a defect? Which store was this, in the event that I get push-back, as this just seems so odd to me. TIA! :smile:
It was the store in Marbella I've got it back now all vachetta was replaced.