My Soho Stripe restoration project *PICS*

Amazing!! Did you mean you submerse the whole entire bag with leather trim and all in WATER?!

I am just so surprised that the leather didn't get discolored. You did an awesome job!!!

Yes, I filled my kitchen sink up with water and woolite and just put the whole bag in there! After I got the canvas clean I scrubbed the leather with the magic eraser. I filled it up with a towel and let it dry. After it was all dry I moisturized the leather.

I bought a Brahmin bag on ebay, and when it arrived, it smelled so badly, I had to take it outside. After a few days, I brought it back in and pulled the lining inside out. I ran a sinkful of very warm soapy water and went to work. I never worried about ruining it because it was either wash it or throw it away! After a couple of times of letting the dirty water out and running more, I had the inside looking great. And, it didn't hure the leather. I am surprised because I don't think you can do all leathers like this. But the bag is clean and smells good now.

Nice job...I had a scribble tote I bought at the flea market along with the zip coin purse to match for $5.00. I also washed it with Ivory soap though, and scrubbed it with a tooth brush gently...it came out looking better than it was...I should have tooken before and after shots though.....I will try the woolite...on a next bag I buy....:tup:

Reactions: Ravvie99