My sad story with my lovely Ikat RI.

You're not alone. My bag did this and several ladies mentioned this issue in the Clubhouse last year when the bag came out. I knew before I bought it that this was an issue and I bought it anyway.

My chipping is minor, not noticeable to anyone but me, and I can overlook it as I prefer this to dealing with vachetta any day. I never wanted a Neverfull until I saw this bag. If it gets worse, I plan to touch it up with a marker or something. But, if you can't live with the chipping by all means try to get a refund. Good luck!

You're not alone. My bag did this and several ladies mentioned this issue in the Clubhouse last year when the bag came out. I knew before I bought it that this was an issue and I bought it anyway.

My chipping is minor, not noticeable to anyone but me, and I can overlook it as I prefer this to dealing with vachetta any day. I never wanted a Neverfull until I saw this bag. If it gets worse, I plan to touch it up with a marker or something. But, if you can't live with the chipping by all means try to get a refund. Good luck!

I will try first to get refund. Lets see how is the result. I think my issue should happend last year too. It was bought on April. Because i rarely use this bag. So i just notice on end Dec. and the 2nd issue happend on March. I collect early March, use 1 time this week and chip again.

I will try first to get refund. Lets see how is the result. I think my issue should happend last year too. It was bought on April. Because i rarely use this bag. So i just notice on end Dec. and the 2nd issue happend on March. I collect early March, use 1 time this week and chip again.
I got mine in August and it happened after the second time wearing too. I think it's a design flaw as it seems to happen mostly where the bag cinches and the side with the pocket. So if they're replacing with the same materials that won't solve the problem.

Just now my SA inform me. The store manager told her to send the bag for repair again ! So no credit store will be given. Im soooo sad. Its not that i want a new bag, but this issue really scared me. Sad sad sad..

This is the reason I sold my ikat on FP. If I'm afraid to use a bag then no point of keeping it. Mine had the same issue so I just sold it-made my money back so I am happy with my decision.

This is the reason I sold my ikat on FP. If I'm afraid to use a bag then no point of keeping it. Mine had the same issue so I just sold it-made my money back so I am happy with my decision.

Yep! This was one on the reason I sold mine..
Just sell it to a consignment store or on eBay.
Not worth the headache.

I come back to LV is because of their quality. I cheat on lots of brand and im back to LV. This is really shocking to me. I thought LV have the best quality ever. I can not accept my bag condition. Especially because i total only use it not even 10 times. I know she is soooo pretty. But i can not deal with those chipping issue. :sad:
sounds like the best route might be to just get it repaired again and then consign it as other posters have suggested. a bag should make you happy and it doesn't sound like this one is going to do that. hopefull you will then be able to get something you will really enjoy : )

Your last picture reminds me of my Ikat MM (in RV though) and the chipping started almost immediately after I wore it. Then, however, it stopped (it looks like yours in the last pic.) I wore my bag a lot of times and it is still the same... perhaps yours will be too?! I do remember that the darker colors had this issue more prominent than RV.

What a bad situation!

I definitely think you should consign it, you'll be able to make your money back. Especially if you can't see yourself being able to use it when you get it back. What a shame about the quality issues as they're such beautiful bags!

If i sell, i will loose some money.. And its not even my fault.. :sad:
I will try to ask my SA again. Maybe i can ask the store manager directly or maybe i can email to LV. I think its just unfair for me.

I will try to ask my SA again. Maybe i can ask the store manager directly or maybe i can email to LV. I think its just unfair for me.

I agree with you that you might lose some money as more and more people are becoming aware of the chipping issue, thus are not going to be willing to pay $$$$ that reselers are asking. I am thinking of keeping my RV Ikat for a year longer but worry I might not get much for it a year later. :nogood:

These preowned bags are going for a LOT more than the new price on eBay sometimes twice as much. I think you would at least break even, even with the slight chipping since it's been recently replaced.

Hi all members,
I have a sad story. I have NF GM Ikat RI. After some time, i notice lots of chipping on the leather. I only wear the bag twice. So i bring back to LV. I was so happy because my SA can help me to repair it for free. The repair took about 2 months, due to the spare parts. 3 weeks ago I collected my bag. Again, i was so happy because my bag looks like a new bag.
Last week, i wear the bag, after that, i notice another chipping issue ! I wanna cry. I quickly bring the bag back to LV. Again my SA help me to get it repair. But now i really turn off with the bag. :sad:
Below is some pics :

1st and 2nd pics is the first chipping issue.. 3rd pic is 3 weeks ago after i picked her up.. 4th and 5th pics is my bag condition after repair on my 1st time used.. :sad:

I love this bag. I really do.. After they repair for the 2nd time, i know i will feel scared to use it. :sad: View attachment 2557332View attachment 2557333View attachment 2557328View attachment 2557330ATTACH]

So very disappointing, too lovely of a bag not to be able to use.