My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

I just received some pretty up there pricing from Dream:

Rhino (lat ost, bulbous nose, hump removal) -8M krw
DES w/Ptosis correction -3.4M
Acculift for double chin and jawline -4.3M
Jaw reduction Botox -1.1M!!
Full face FG -4.7M krw

Even for foreigner pricing this is nearly twice what anywhere else has quoted me. I'll keep reading up about Dream, but...wow.
Could be the surgery you asked is more complex?
I asked for Bridge + Trip (Basic Rhino) it is 5.5m for close and open is 6.2m to 8.5m. these prices is for internet pricing. Hopefully when over at the clinic the price will be greatly reduced. I read online people was also sharing that if the more surgery you take, the more they will reduce the price.. But it is also depends on the complexity of the individual surgery, i guess.

Could be the surgery you asked is more complex?
I asked for Bridge + Trip (Basic Rhino) it is 5.5m for close and open is 6.2m to 8.5m. these prices is for internet pricing. Hopefully when over at the clinic the price will be greatly reduced. I read online people was also sharing that if the more surgery you take, the more they will reduce the price.. But it is also depends on the complexity of the individual surgery, i guess.
Wow, that is high!

I had the same rhino procedures recommended. And after consulting several clinics (JW, Real, Regean, The Line) I only saw rhino at 5mil max. And, at the highest fat grafting was 2mil.

Dream seems expensive, but visit them in person and see if you can get a discount. But, if it fits into your budget and the doctor seems right for you, I guess its still better than the US or OZ.

So where is the best for rhinoplasty surgery ?
I have a flat nose and im thinking to go to dream (dr.park)
Or JW (dr. Suh) where is the best place ?
I prefer natural looking and straight nose not point up

Last year at the end of October I had made a trip to seoul and had multiple consultations to different clinics. I eventually, after meticulous comparison of proposed methodologies and seeking multiple opinions from respectable plastic surgeons I decided on Dr Park Yang Soo and Dr Kim Young Joon at Dream Medical Group for my procedures.

5 days ago i had undergone my 2nd revision rhinoplasty, forehead fat graft and acculift. Dr Kim performed my acculift while Dr Park did the fat graft and revision. And I have to say other than Bryan Mendelson 2008's president of the ISAPS, I have never had so much respect for the skill of a plastic surgeon as I have with Dr Park. This man fixed my botched nose through the use of closed rhino, a technique very few surgeons are capable of pulling off through the closed technique. This technique is far less invasive, has no risk of weakening the elasticity of the collumela and also alleviates risk of scarring both externally and more importantly internally. Internal scarring can cause your alars to be lopsided.

Day of Surgery:

The schedule was as follows: a) Final consultation with Dr Park and Dr Kim at 9.30am b)discuss final surgical price with the consultant and c)get prepped for surgery at 1pm

As far as surgical methodology goes, the main concern for me was my rhino revision. This was going to be my 2nd revision, 3rd rhinoplasty. My nose had been severely damaged by Charles Lee of Beverly Hills, who used a mix of diced ear cartilage and goretex for my nose. I had asymmetry, bumps, a hump nose and cartilage extrusion which caused visible thinning of the skin tissue. The method I agreed upon with Dr Park was using ultra soft silicone placed above the bone and under the periosteum to protect my weakened nose skin from extrusion and prevent and potential deviation. I had mentioned to Dr Park that after speaking to Dr Mendelson, I was concerned that my periosteum might be too damaged to protect my nose from potential complications. So Dr Park's plan B was to use auto dermis should my periosteum be too damaged. He would also use the existng scar tissue in the bridge to protect the implant.

While Dr Park and Dr Kim are both fluent in English, not all of the other staff (nurses etc) were. Hence I had the in house translator Daphane, a lovely singaporean lady shadow me throughout my every move in the clinic. She really made the entire experience more comforting. I highly recommend anyone who is a native english speaker requesting daphane as your translator during your activities at the clinic. She is super helpful accommodating my every diva request. I even asked to borrow one of their humidifiers to bring back to my hotel and they let me lol

Last thing to do before surgery was discusss price with the consultant. Her name is Mi Yeong Lee and she gave me a nice discount. Initially she already gave me a discount but i felt that i could negotiate a better deal as I was able to recommend alot of people to her, thus increasing her commission in terms of quantity. Basically i told her (with Daphane as my translator) that being a surgical junkie, i know alot of other surgical junkies too lol. And under the caveat of having satisfactory post op results, i would not only recommend my friends to her i would also write a glowing review for the clinic should she agree to give me a better price. She also promised to give my friends a better price too when they come in for their surgery. So that was my bargaining strategy and I actually kept my end of the deal. I am happy with my results hence why im writing this review. Tho to be honest if i weren't happy i would still write a review...a flaming one that is lol

During Surgery:

So i decided to use Sedation + Local Anesthesia seeing as it is less stressful on your body. It was the best decision i ever made and ill explain why in a moment.

First up was the acculift performed by Dr Kim. A minute after he walked into the room the sedation was administered through my iv and i immediatedly felt like i was having the most amazing trip. It was as if i was on a fun relaxing amusement park ride. Then moments later my vision came back and i noticed Dr Kim doing the acculift. This took only 20 mins. Once i was done the nurses took me to the toilet for me to relief myself. I actually took an extra 5 mins updating my facebook about how my swelling made me look like id been face bashed lol....After that we went back to the OR where nurses laid me down while we waited for Dr Park to come in. Daphane had been watching by me this whole time while i got the acculift :biggrin:

Next procedure was the fat graft to the forehead. Now i barely remembered much during this part. I was reallly out of it and by the time i regained consciousness again the procedure was done.

Final procedure was the revision rhino. This part was surreal. I was actually fully awake albeit a little sleepy. I could even see Dr Park performing the procedure on my nose. I could hear him removing the cartilage and the goretex and was actually speaking to him during the procedure. We were even cracking jokes from time to time. I was trying my best not to do the "are we done yet?"(even tho i did...) while he was concentrating. Anyway we actually encountered some difficulty during the rhinoplasty but Dr Park discussed it with me DURING THE OPERATION. The conversation went like this...

Dr Park: Your periosteum is damaged. Your skin is too weak for the 4.5mm implant you chose. I need to use the 3.5mm one.

Me: Should we try using our backup plan? The auto dermis?

Dr Park: I tried that, it doesn't fit your nose. Your scar tissue also had to be excised because it grew into the goretex so we cannot use that to protect the ultra soft silicone either. But don't worry I can use fascia to protect your skin.

Me: The fascia from my diced cartilage graft you just removed? Because I don't want you to harvest any from my scalp.

Dr Park: No the fascia from your diced cartilaged is damaged and cannot be used. Since you don't want to harvest fascia I will use donor fascia from Germany. Its really strong, also very expensive, do you want to pay for it? (jokes)

Me: No thanks, but put it in anyway lol (we both laughed)

Dr Park: So we cannot use the cartilage we removed from your previous surgery, I will use donor cartilage for the collumela and dermis graft to project and protect your tip.

Me: Am I bleeding alot? Because i was told by previous surgeons who did my nose that im a bleeder

Dr Park: No if surgeon is skilled you won't bleed much.

Me: I have a friend from Hong Kong who said a handsome surgeon did her nose

Dr Park: Oh, must not have been me (laughs)

After he was done he handed me the mirror. I could already tell that it was really well done. Then he placed the cast on my nose with a light packing only for the incision in my nostril. So it was not the one that goes down your throat. I actually had a blocked nose so i ended up removing it myself 4 hours after the surgery.

That evening I opted to stay in the ward for an additional 150 000 won. I always believe the first night is the more crucial and the highest likelihood for something to go wrong. Also it really eases your mental state knowing u have professional care. Oh and i forgot to mention that i was actually sick with a sorethroat and cold during the surgery. For some odd reason when i ended up back at the ward all my symptoms had disappeared :S????

2 hours after lying in the ward I start to notice an odd sensation at the top part of my bridge. That is the part where i had extrusion from the cartilage. I've had 2 previous nose jobs and never felt this sensation before so I immediatedly started to panick as i thought the silicone is going to extrude. I contacted Daphane who arranged for Dr Park to come see me the moment his last surgery was done. 30 mins later Dr Park showed up, removed the cast to reveal a deep bruise in the damaged area on my nose. He explained that the reason for the odd sensations ive been feeling is due to how damaged the skin was by the previous surgeon. Then Dr Park examined the area and told me that there was good circulation going on so there's nothing to worry. But just to ease my worry he will check up on me in the morning once more before I leave the ward. To my surprise, the next morning the brusing had actually disappeared and there was just redness now.
It's Hapagirl_99 again! ^^ So glad I read your thread! I was highly interested in Dream clinic for my first (and hopefully only) rhinoplasty. Though, A few people told me that Dream wasn't great at nose, but I want to reconsider getting a consultation at Dream clinic.

Last year at the end of October I had made a trip to seoul and had multiple consultations to different clinics. I eventually, after meticulous comparison of proposed methodologies and seeking multiple opinions from respectable plastic surgeons I decided on Dr Park Yang Soo and Dr Kim Young Joon at Dream Medical Group for my procedures.

5 days ago i had undergone my 2nd revision rhinoplasty, forehead fat graft and acculift. Dr Kim performed my acculift while Dr Park did the fat graft and revision. And I have to say other than Bryan Mendelson 2008's president of the ISAPS, I have never had so much respect for the skill of a plastic surgeon as I have with Dr Park. This man fixed my botched nose through the use of closed rhino, a technique very few surgeons are capable of pulling off through the closed technique. This technique is far less invasive, has no risk of weakening the elasticity of the collumela and also alleviates risk of scarring both externally and more importantly internally. Internal scarring can cause your alars to be lopsided.

Day of Surgery:

The schedule was as follows: a) Final consultation with Dr Park and Dr Kim at 9.30am b)discuss final surgical price with the consultant and c)get prepped for surgery at 1pm

As far as surgical methodology goes, the main concern for me was my rhino revision. This was going to be my 2nd revision, 3rd rhinoplasty. My nose had been severely damaged by Charles Lee of Beverly Hills, who used a mix of diced ear cartilage and goretex for my nose. I had asymmetry, bumps, a hump nose and cartilage extrusion which caused visible thinning of the skin tissue. The method I agreed upon with Dr Park was using ultra soft silicone placed above the bone and under the periosteum to protect my weakened nose skin from extrusion and prevent and potential deviation. I had mentioned to Dr Park that after speaking to Dr Mendelson, I was concerned that my periosteum might be too damaged to protect my nose from potential complications. So Dr Park's plan B was to use auto dermis should my periosteum be too damaged. He would also use the existng scar tissue in the bridge to protect the implant.

While Dr Park and Dr Kim are both fluent in English, not all of the other staff (nurses etc) were. Hence I had the in house translator Daphane, a lovely singaporean lady shadow me throughout my every move in the clinic. She really made the entire experience more comforting. I highly recommend anyone who is a native english speaker requesting daphane as your translator during your activities at the clinic. She is super helpful accommodating my every diva request. I even asked to borrow one of their humidifiers to bring back to my hotel and they let me lol

Last thing to do before surgery was discusss price with the consultant. Her name is Mi Yeong Lee and she gave me a nice discount. Initially she already gave me a discount but i felt that i could negotiate a better deal as I was able to recommend alot of people to her, thus increasing her commission in terms of quantity. Basically i told her (with Daphane as my translator) that being a surgical junkie, i know alot of other surgical junkies too lol. And under the caveat of having satisfactory post op results, i would not only recommend my friends to her i would also write a glowing review for the clinic should she agree to give me a better price. She also promised to give my friends a better price too when they come in for their surgery. So that was my bargaining strategy and I actually kept my end of the deal. I am happy with my results hence why im writing this review. Tho to be honest if i weren't happy i would still write a review...a flaming one that is lol

During Surgery:

So i decided to use Sedation + Local Anesthesia seeing as it is less stressful on your body. It was the best decision i ever made and ill explain why in a moment.

First up was the acculift performed by Dr Kim. A minute after he walked into the room the sedation was administered through my iv and i immediatedly felt like i was having the most amazing trip. It was as if i was on a fun relaxing amusement park ride. Then moments later my vision came back and i noticed Dr Kim doing the acculift. This took only 20 mins. Once i was done the nurses took me to the toilet for me to relief myself. I actually took an extra 5 mins updating my facebook about how my swelling made me look like id been face bashed lol....After that we went back to the OR where nurses laid me down while we waited for Dr Park to come in. Daphane had been watching by me this whole time while i got the acculift :biggrin:

Next procedure was the fat graft to the forehead. Now i barely remembered much during this part. I was reallly out of it and by the time i regained consciousness again the procedure was done.

Final procedure was the revision rhino. This part was surreal. I was actually fully awake albeit a little sleepy. I could even see Dr Park performing the procedure on my nose. I could hear him removing the cartilage and the goretex and was actually speaking to him during the procedure. We were even cracking jokes from time to time. I was trying my best not to do the "are we done yet?"(even tho i did...) while he was concentrating. Anyway we actually encountered some difficulty during the rhinoplasty but Dr Park discussed it with me DURING THE OPERATION. The conversation went like this...

Dr Park: Your periosteum is damaged. Your skin is too weak for the 4.5mm implant you chose. I need to use the 3.5mm one.

Me: Should we try using our backup plan? The auto dermis?

Dr Park: I tried that, it doesn't fit your nose. Your scar tissue also had to be excised because it grew into the goretex so we cannot use that to protect the ultra soft silicone either. But don't worry I can use fascia to protect your skin.

Me: The fascia from my diced cartilage graft you just removed? Because I don't want you to harvest any from my scalp.

Dr Park: No the fascia from your diced cartilaged is damaged and cannot be used. Since you don't want to harvest fascia I will use donor fascia from Germany. Its really strong, also very expensive, do you want to pay for it? (jokes)

Me: No thanks, but put it in anyway lol (we both laughed)

Dr Park: So we cannot use the cartilage we removed from your previous surgery, I will use donor cartilage for the collumela and dermis graft to project and protect your tip.

Me: Am I bleeding alot? Because i was told by previous surgeons who did my nose that im a bleeder

Dr Park: No if surgeon is skilled you won't bleed much.

Me: I have a friend from Hong Kong who said a handsome surgeon did her nose

Dr Park: Oh, must not have been me (laughs)

After he was done he handed me the mirror. I could already tell that it was really well done. Then he placed the cast on my nose with a light packing only for the incision in my nostril. So it was not the one that goes down your throat. I actually had a blocked nose so i ended up removing it myself 4 hours after the surgery.

That evening I opted to stay in the ward for an additional 150 000 won. I always believe the first night is the more crucial and the highest likelihood for something to go wrong. Also it really eases your mental state knowing u have professional care. Oh and i forgot to mention that i was actually sick with a sorethroat and cold during the surgery. For some odd reason when i ended up back at the ward all my symptoms had disappeared :S????

2 hours after lying in the ward I start to notice an odd sensation at the top part of my bridge. That is the part where i had extrusion from the cartilage. I've had 2 previous nose jobs and never felt this sensation before so I immediatedly started to panick as i thought the silicone is going to extrude. I contacted Daphane who arranged for Dr Park to come see me the moment his last surgery was done. 30 mins later Dr Park showed up, removed the cast to reveal a deep bruise in the damaged area on my nose. He explained that the reason for the odd sensations ive been feeling is due to how damaged the skin was by the previous surgeon. Then Dr Park examined the area and told me that there was good circulation going on so there's nothing to worry. But just to ease my worry he will check up on me in the morning once more before I leave the ward. To my surprise, the next morning the brusing had actually disappeared and there was just redness now.
It's Hapagirl_99 again! ^^ So glad I read your thread! I was highly interested in Dream clinic for my first (and hopefully only) rhinoplasty. Though, A few people told me that Dream wasn't great at nose, but I want to reconsider getting a consultation at Dream clinic.
I know many people who love their results at Dream but ive been told there are a couple who aren't happy either because they were after a certain style of nose. I feel it comes down to if you want natural or a dramatic nose. If you want dramatic Dream wouldn't be the best choice. But the funny thing is my nose is a dramatic improvement, but still in a natural way. I think its because it was so badly damaged by Charles Lee of beverly hills that having it fixed made such a huge difference. Plus my old nose could move, it was kinda gross cos the entire bridge area could be pushed to one side. Glad that's over lol.

Anyways you should just decide what type of nose you want to achieve, what methodology is required to achieving that type of nose and narrow down your search for the right surgeons from there.

Hi K Couture, do you happen to remember seeing any facial contouring patients when you went? (: I'm planning on doing rhino/fat graft/facial contouring though I haven't seen much reviews for their jaw, thank you so much~

Hi K Couture, do you happen to remember seeing any facial contouring patients when you went? (: I'm planning on doing rhino/fat graft/facial contouring though I haven't seen much reviews for their jaw, thank you so much~
I didn't actually. I saw facelifting and eyes nose patients but didnt see any mandible reduction ones in the recovery level. Their fc specialist is Kim Young Joon, also the same surgeon who did the girl's generation facial contouring. If you would to speak to someone who did it with him you should ask vanitygirl09. I believe she did it last year and is more than 8 months post op already so she will be a good indicator and source of info for you

My nose had been severely damaged by Charles Lee of Beverly Hills, who used a mix of diced ear cartilage and goretex for my nose. I had asymmetry, bumps, a hump nose and cartilage extrusion which caused visible thinning of the skin tissue.
Omg K! I'm just reading this thread for the first time but I had a consultation booked with Charles Lee !!

So glad I cancelled it after I decided to research Korea PS instead.

Dear K Couture,
I read on the first few pages you had acculift at Dream Clinic done by Dr Kim and that was in 2014? But I didn't see any further update since or maybe I missed it, this thread has many pages! Would you recommend it? My face is chubby and I'm now in my early 40s though I think I look younger haha, like 30s. I did jaw botox a few times and I like the result but it's temporary so now I'm considering something permanent or semi-permanent. Not sure if I want to do invasive jaw surgery because I'm not young afterall and risks of sagging is higher and I'm scared haha.
Daphne was also the one whom I consulted with in 2015 for my rhinoplasty done by Dr Park. I emailed her but someone else replied. Do you know if she's still there...?
Will be most grateful for your reply and thank you :smile:

Dear K Couture,
I read on the first few pages you had acculift at Dream Clinic done by Dr Kim and that was in 2014? But I didn't see any further update since or maybe I missed it, this thread has many pages! Would you recommend it? My face is chubby and I'm now in my early 40s though I think I look younger haha, like 30s. I did jaw botox a few times and I like the result but it's temporary so now I'm considering something permanent or semi-permanent. Not sure if I want to do invasive jaw surgery because I'm not young afterall and risks of sagging is higher and I'm scared haha.
Daphne was also the one whom I consulted with in 2015 for my rhinoplasty done by Dr Park. I emailed her but someone else replied. Do you know if she's still there...?
Will be most grateful for your reply and thank you :smile:
daphane left dream years ago. Acculift was mild nothing significant or dramatic. I wouldn't really recommend it. Jaw reduction doesn't really change the width of your jaw UNLESS you have protruding bones. If your width is due to the muscle and not the bones then botox is the only way. Its not expensive anyway botox and as u know u only need it once ever 8 months or so if you have been doing it regularly. jaw reduction only changes the shape of the bone not the width assuming your jaw bone isnt protruding.

Reactions: Jamdonuts
Hi K Couture
I can’t describe how happy I am to be able to connect with you here. I sound too chummy? But I really appreciate your knowledge and advice. I have done some research and made the same conclusion on jaw reduction. I don’t think a surgery will reduce my jaw as it’s mainly muscles. I’ve done botox I think 6-7 times. The muscles have since grown back after I put it off for like 2 years because I read it reduces bone mass which I’m concerned about but but he results are good! Grrhhh! Then I researched about buccal fat removal and acculift because I want to reduce lower cheek fats, not just the jawline. And acculift seems like a more viable option. I’m not ready for a face lift yet.

I been using it for well over 10 years haven't experienced any loss of bone mass. Just go jab it again with max dose to shrink it. I just do i once ever 8 months or so to maintain. Buccal fat should only be done if you really have excess fat PADS in your cheeks, and even then it will cause premature aging. Acculift doesn't actually do any lifting and results are subtle. Sad thing with surgery is there's also a plus and minus. Like if you do buccal fat, jaw reduction and facial fat removal yes you will have a slimmer face but also prone to premature aging. So you should be mentally prepared for a face lift. Once you do all those procedures together you will have the results you want. But it depends how vain you are haha, Especially for older ppl minor procedures are never sufficient to maximise results. Its a bit of a journey as you need to space te procedures 3-8 months apart depending on what you choose to do. The lift is always the final step. Let everything that will sag fall into its final position then lift and reverse.

Do you mind me asking which areas of the face you had Acculift on? I’m booked for Acculift in S.Korea next week for the top and lower halves of my cheeks. Any feedback from your experience would be greatly appreciated.
daphane left dream years ago. Acculift was mild nothing significant or dramatic. I wouldn't really recommend it. Jaw reduction doesn't really change the width of your jaw UNLESS you have protruding bones. If your width is due to the muscle and not the bones then botox is the only way. Its not expensive anyway botox and as u know u only need it once ever 8 months or so if you have been doing it regularly. jaw reduction only changes the shape of the bone not the width assuming your jaw bone isnt protruding.

Has anyone heard about Dr Hong Jin Myung of Dream. I wanted Dr Park but was told he doesn’t do my kind of open surgery and they recommended Dr Hong. He seems young and new but I like Deam’s natural finish.

Reactions: cythr